Beats by Dre Appreciation

Originally Posted by RetroSan

if they brought Beats just because they look cool or hype hat's ok because people do that regardless of what the product is (iPhone, Jordans, Fuji Water).

Yes there are products in the market that are better (probably by a sizable margin) than Beats but people see them as an overall upgrade over whatever headphones they had before.

it is NOT that serious call someone an "idiot" for buying headphones

uneducated consumer 

Originally Posted by you go boy

ya you can say these joints are overpriced and i will agree with you so save the jokes... are they worth it? probably not... can you get better headphones for the price? probably...but these are great headphones and probably the best headphones i ever owned...and also they look good as well... so why did i get these? i figured let me get some nice headphones that look good but also lets see if they live up to the hype and if they dont i will return to amazon... so i put these solo hds on and they definitely live up to the hype... the bass is great and the treble is good too..if you are willing to drop cash on headphones id say cop but if you being cheap and could care less about some headphones and just want to listen to beats than pass

First of all, they are made by Monster. I do not purchase anything made/affiliated by Monster.
If you believe that Beats are good quality, you need to get your ears checked. Beats are the epitome of marketing bs.

Sony 7506 and Sennheiser 202 destroy Beats as far as sound quality. Better sound for fraction of the price.

Got the Green studios
pimp.gif

Love my pros...
pimp.gif

Gonna eventually try them Sony 7506s tho...

And a lot of beats by dre owners don't even know what Sennheiser's or audio technica's are...they just need a pair of headphones better then the standard ones they had before, go to bestbuy and try them on

and make the purchase. If im not mistaken trying on most of the headphones you guys posted isn't really an option...

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Originally Posted by RetroSan

What does your reply have to do with his? My take? Absolutely nothing. 
Beats are not that bad at 150. However, there are too many concerns about build quality to ever consider them. Too risky.
im saying that if your going criticize someones $200+ purchase for style (not you specifically) but have brought 100+ pair of sneakers for "looks" then your hypocrite   

How do you know he has done that in the first place? And so what if he has? Like he said (!!!!!!), these are completely different situations. People in here are insinuating that Beats are a good purchase from a sheer features, performance and build perspective. If it's for looks, go ahead. I don't care. But that's not what people have said in this thread. According to your logic, every single piece of advice in the history of the world is null and void. If someone has committed a mistake, and we all definitely have, his advice doesn't matter? Good to know.
I've never owned a single pair of Jordans. I've never had more than 2 pairs of basketball shoes at a time. My hypocrite is confused.

got some Sennheiser HD 202's a few days ago and I like them way better then when I had the Beats By Dre Studios.

thanks 2 the warranty i bought for the studios(bestbuy hook up), i had the privilege 2 have owned the white pair(scratched, and red one came out), red pair(dropped them, got scratched unlimed blue one came out), now i have traded the red ones for the blue one bc i wanted too(to get my moneys worth paid 260) and the wires at the end of the plug always seem to tear or get loose, so i was able to keep like 3 monster wires.

Originally Posted by Jumpman2314

Love my pros...
pimp.gif

Gonna eventually try them Sony 7506s tho...

And a lot of beats by dre owners don't even know what Sennheiser's or audio technica's are...they just need a pair of headphones better then the standard ones they had before, go to bestbuy and try them on

and make the purchase. If im not mistaken trying on most of the headphones you guys posted isn't really an option...
Thats the thing, the people who own beats are probably just casual listeners that know hardly anything about headphone quality (they wouldn't be bragging if they did).  I've listened to them before and for someone who doesn't know a lot about headphones I can see why they go all crazy for them.  For me, I'd never buy them because I think they sound terrible, but my expectations for headphones are higher than the casual listeners. And lets face it, people don't know about the other brands because they aren't advertised.  Beats advertisement> any other headphones.
Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackelford

Any Nters have the Sennheiser HD 280s
I have had previous experience with two of sennheisers more base models

Pic for reference

8e616469c8c4f321841875ddec1152c3af24b813_r.jpg

I don't wanna go out in public looking like a disc jockey, though. 

Beats>*

images

Oh, because these don't look like that? I see 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackelford

Any Nters have the Sennheiser HD 280s
I have had previous experience with two of sennheisers more base models

Pic for reference

8e616469c8c4f321841875ddec1152c3af24b813_r.jpg

Beats>*

images

grin.gif
eyes.gif

those don't have swag tho

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Beats>*

images

grin.gif
eyes.gif

HD-280s are some of the best for that price range. if you want something a little more stylish without sacrificing audio quality, Audio Technica ES7s are good. lower profile too

Originally Posted by DimesLikeHefner

images

grin.gif
eyes.gif

HD-280s are some of the best for that price range. if you want something a little more stylish without sacrificing audio quality, Audio Technica ES7s are good. lower profile too
eyes.gif
still not enough swag.
until i see some dudes & bad females like these
wayne-custom-beats-headphones.jpg

600-justbeatsjustin-120310.jpg

keri-hilson-and-monster-beats-by-dr-dre-studio-headphones-gallery.png

rockin them ES7's your talking about, I'll pass. I aint tryin to get clowned for being the odd man out when i go out,
sick.gif
nah.

eyes.gif

eyes.gif
still not enough swag.

rockin them ES7's your talking about, I'll pass. I aint tryin to get clowned for being the odd man out when i go out,
sick.gif
nah.

Do you like listening to your music or do you like how other people view you when you listen to your music? 

Got some red studios from a connect a few months back. Loving them. Don't like that they need batteries though. But, very very happy with them.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

eyes.gif
still not enough swag.

sick.gif
nah.

Do you like listening to your music or do you like how other people view you when you listen to your music? 
eyes.gif
I can listen to my music with my beats tho & the ladies mirin is just an added bonus
pimp.gif

music is music, as long as its 320k its good. this aint the 90's
laugh.gif

don't bother replying to this post, i am done playing devil's advocate in this thread

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

C'mon now, you guys been around long enough to know whyhellothere is trollin/being sarcastic 

Yeh I heard my man's beats and they aren't all that special if you buy the earbuds. I was actually at the store about to buy them, tried them on and they didn't sound any different from the earbuds I have on now. Now I know the reg iphone buds are garbage, but the fact that you can buy headphones for over hundred dollars cheaper and still get the same quality says a lot. I guess this is the music industry's way of getting back all those people who pirate their music. But forreal tho, I get it that the headphones are a status symbol, but in the grand scheme of things it won't help you talk to girls or anything if you can't hear what they're saying lol.

Question for the pro beats crowd:

If Monster were to come out with a Beats II series, would you feel the need to "upgrade" even if your older models are working just fine?

Just curious because I'm wondering if the pro-beats crowd really likes the HEADPHONE or just the BRAND.

template-philosoraptor.jpg

Originally Posted by NYC game

they graspin at straws homey LOL

none of them even got the hint of what I was saying.

Not talking to you, homie. 
Since you want to be acknowledged, your post is not very good either. 
My dollars are votes. I'm not supporting the mass-marketed garbage that is the Beats brand. M50s have been lauded on head-fi forums; Beats have been roundly criticized. The former is just a better purchase. There's nothing else that needs to be said. I spent a lot of time researching before I bought my headphones because it was my first foray into the higher-end market (read= greater than $10) and M50s are the best bang for the buck for the ~150 range (109 when I bought them). For the ~300 that Beats usually cost, I'd rather pick up a pair of Denon AHD2000s.  

If all this is labeled "elitist," I'll wear that shirt. 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

You don't have to support anything homie. What I'm referring to is if you're going to tell other people why they shouldn't buy a product because you're paying for a brands name. then you can't be a hypocrite and do the same thing.
Would you buy every edition of air jordans if the name sown on the sneaker said Dee brown instead and masses of other people weren't wearing the same thing ? 

Probably not.

So as for my post not being very good, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to understand the concept 
laugh.gif

8705-nas-headphones.jpg

M-50 got some celebrity cred too.
1310562788kanye_jay_watch_thrones_pics3.jpg

So do the DT-770 Pro's. Both of these are miles better than the Beats.

eyes.gif

eyes.gif
still not enough swag.

sick.gif
nah.
Ah so you and your boys wear headphones when you go out/have a beats by Dre club? Well thats....cool I guess 
ohwell.gif

Everytime whyhellothere says something you disagree with, he's actually saying something that you agree with.

Back
Top Bottom