laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

What has been seen cannot be unseen

I feel disappointed as I patiently waited for daddy yankee and/or pitbull to walk out of the fire and spit a verse or two. #lame

I feel disappointed as I patiently waited for daddy yankee and/or pitbull to walk out of the fire and spit a verse or two. #lame

These guys seriously have no regard for human life. Some of these Bollywood epics are exactly that... epic.

I'm not even angry. Imagine if they made proper films with actual storylines.

These guys seriously have no regard for human life. Some of these Bollywood epics are exactly that... epic.

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

To them, this is a proper film with an actual story line. 

Indians eat this stuff up.  They'll watch this and say "Wow, this really is cool" and mean every word of it.

Indians eat this stuff up.  They'll watch this and say "Wow, this really is cool" and mean every word of it.

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Well, that's partly true. the majority of indian movies are what they call "masala films":
Masala is a term given to films of Indian cinema that mix various genres in one film. Typically these films freely mix actioncomedyromance, and drama or melodrama.[sup][1][/sup] These films tend to be musicals that include songs filmed in picturesque locations. The genre is named after the masala, a term used to describe a mixture of spices in South Asian cuisine.[sup][color= rgb(6, 69, 173)][[/color]2[/sup][sup][color= rgb(6, 69, 173)]][/color][/sup]

There are some GREAT indian movies with solid storylines. The immediate ones that come to mind are Maqbool, Omkara, Ishqiya, and Parinda. They are all great movies with solid, engaging plots. 

Well, that's partly true. the majority of indian movies are what they call "masala films":
Masala is a term given to films of Indian cinema that mix various genres in one film. Typically these films freely mix actioncomedyromance, and drama or melodrama.[sup][1][/sup] These films tend to be musicals that include songs filmed in picturesque locations. The genre is named after the masala, a term used to describe a mixture of spices in South Asian cuisine.[sup][color= rgb(6, 69, 173)][[/color]2[/sup][sup][color= rgb(6, 69, 173)]][/color][/sup]

There are some GREAT indian movies with solid storylines. The immediate ones that come to mind are Maqbool, Omkara, Ishqiya, and Parinda. They are all great movies with solid, engaging plots. 

Originally Posted by escobarmeth

I might be crazy enough to sit down and take in one of those 'serious' films that you listed.

But if I encounter any shenanigans, any at all, I am calling you out on it.

Back
Top Bottom