Dat feel when a random person comes up to you and compliments ur kicks

@AyZee  far from anti social when it comes to talking about kicks, please see my second post to clarify my first one. What I initially described is not the norm, but I still thought it was weird. 

get compliments every time i wear aj 9s 
pimp.gif

#makesitallworthit

I remember one time I went with a Buddy and another friend to a dealership to test drive a whip, I was rocking infrared 90s and the salesman waking out of the building commented on how he had the shoe in his younger days, mirrin hard.

@AyZee It's just annoying to be stopped over some foolishness. Just give me some silent acknowledgement and keep it moving.

Many moons ago at work this older customer almost drooled over my blazers, it was cool because I was looking at his shoes when he walked in and when he got to my register he was like

"nice blazer I never see them in that color" he had so much joy in heart when he said it, I was like " yeah there my university colors I like yours "
I was flattered because he seemed like a legit shoe head and I felt validated

We would have formed a union and procreated but he was an older white married gentlemen.

So now I'm goofy for telling someone I like their shoes? :lol:

Mind you I only do it once in a while and only if the person is standing still, not if their on the move.

I don't know you so I don't know you might be. That's why I said "usually" meaning not always.

Shoes that get I most reactions from:

Red/ Black Kamikaze 2 aka Darth Mauls

DB 1s

DB Foams

Supra Skytops 2 and 4

:rofl: @ annoying and awkward.

I say thanks and keep it moving but I don't completely shun human contact.

So now I'm goofy for telling someone I like their shoes? :lol:

Mind you I only do it once in a while and only if the person is standing still, not if their on the move.

Its funny that it is lame to give a compliments but cool to rank and bash someone or put a pic on the internet and have millions make fun of them.

I love this world

i feel annoyed.

Word.

I feel awkward when dudes compliment my shoes, cause they usually want to ask where and when I got them.

I usually just say thanks, but then they proceed to ask more questions. Most of my **** is either really old now or recent retro's that I just got the chance to break out.

So I just tell them "I been had these. I don't even remember when they dropped forreal. These joints old"

Or "I got them when they came out last. I just keep em in the box"

I love sneakers, but I hate talking about them offline.

Kids and dudes without jobs don't understand that you can't wear these ***** to work, so all your **** is fresh when you only wear each pair maybe 1-2 times a month, if even that.

Then add on top of that, you probably got beaters like flyknits or some **** thats 10x more comfy and you wear those all the time. So those kicks they're goosin' over ain't really **** to you. You just wore em cause the weather was nice.

But on a rare occasion, I'll give up props to someone waring some really nice ****. Like, something crazy that I know I don't see a lot. **** Yeezys, recent retro jordans, foams, all that. I'm talking like some OG total max uptempo's or something. Then, we can talk and chop it up about kicks for a sec. Cause thats what really stops and catches my eye.

Last edited:
I've got compliments from a random white woman while wearing my teal/pink flyknits just said thanks and kept it moving
Also got compliments from some random nike outlet employee in orlando (on vacation) was wearing dolphin speed turfs always feels slightly weird to me
One finishline employee tried to trade me his air max 95 for my penny 2 atlantic blues(was wearing them) hate that no matter what shoe i'm wearing that day

Yall might not believe me but the shoes I get the most compliments from girls are my blue revis that I got for 60 dollars and some of my cp3s :smokin

But the shoe I got the most compliments on is the red black lebron 7s. Eem broke my eye doctors neck :pimp:

I rarely get compliments on jordans tbh except from dudes :smh:

Its funny that it is lame to give a compliments but cool to rank and bash someone or put a pic on the internet and have millions make fun of them.

I love this world

Like I'm saying :lol:

Taking 5 seconds to tell someone in person while looking them straight in the eyes that you like their shoes is weird and corny.

Logging on to an internet message board where some 35 year old dude just uploaded a pic of his 500 pairs of sneakers in his bedroom in his momma's house... "Oh I see you a OG, got some serious heat there, much respect :pimp:".

Gotta love NT

Taking 5 seconds to tell someone in person while looking them straight in the eyes that you like their shoes is weird and corny

Yes it is and so is the "OG". Dudes that do what you just posted are usually the guys who give props to them.

Last edited:
I don't see why you have to be all "it makes it all worth it" about it either. You really buy your kicks for other people compliments?

Word.

I feel awkward when dudes compliment my shoes, cause they usually want to ask where and when I got them.

I usually just say thanks, but then they proceed to ask more questions. Most of my **** is either really old now or recent retro's that I just got the chance to break out.

So I just tell them "I been had these. I don't even remember when they dropped forreal. These joints old"

Or "I got them when they came out last. I just keep em in the box"

I love sneakers, but I hate talking about them offline.

Kids and dudes without jobs don't understand that you can't wear these ***** to work, so all your **** is fresh when you only wear each pair maybe 1-2 times a month, if even that.

Then add on top of that, you probably got beaters like flyknits or some **** thats 10x more comfy and you wear those all the time. So those kicks they're goosin' over ain't really **** to you. You just wore em cause the weather was nice.

But on a rare occasion, I'll give up props to someone waring some really nice ****. Like, something crazy that I know I don't see a lot. **** Yeezys, recent retro jordans, foams, all that. I'm talking like some OG total max uptempo's or something. Then, we can talk and chop it up about kicks for a sec. Cause thats what really stops and catches my eye.
man...

I repped + quoted.

A very good post... I agree completely

Many moons ago at work this older customer almost drooled over my blazers, it was cool because I was looking at his shoes when he walked in and when he got to my register he was like

"nice blazer I never see them in that color" he had so much joy in heart when he said it, I was like " yeah there my university colors I like yours "

We would have formed a union and procreated but he was an older white married gentlemen.

Where you work at bae?

it get under my skin when I have an older pair and they're like 'where'd you get those' and I tell them I got them back in '05 and they 
grin.gif

mean.gif

This was way back in high school back in 2007..

I was a senior and a bunch of underclassmen were walking in the halls, next thing you know I hear "MOOOOCCCHAAAA THREEEEEEES!" yelled my way :x :lol:.

Yes I was wearing them, but I wanted to facepalm right then and there. I did nothing and just kept it moving.

Last edited:

We would have formed a union and procreated but he was an older white married gentlemen

How did I miss this post? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom