Dat feel when a random person comes up to you and compliments ur kicks

Y'all got to be getting compliments from high schoolers. No adult is gonna compliment your jordans. 

How about when you walk in a shoe store with some nice kicks and the employee stops halfway through their greeting to stare at your kicks?

"Welcome to Foot Loc-"

I've had people ask to take pics of my sneakers and have had people take pics of me while I'm at stoplights when I wear my Yeezy's on my bike.

That's a little weird to me, basic compliments, not so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
People gonna say only herbs do that, highschoolers, etc etc.

I mean, its not that big of a deal to begin with anyway. 
laugh.gif
 I wouldnt do it, id personally feel lame, but if someone came to me adn complimented my kicks a simple thanks bro is all thats needed.

NTers are weird.

I don't understand how you get annoyed at compliments. The situation isn't awkward AT ALL. A quick "Thanks. Copped from __ a couple months/years ago. They're called __s" is all you need.

Dudes on here are mad at the world, I swear :lol:

Towards the end of high school I couldn't catch a break from this though. Like, it was damn near a daily occurrence. Nowadays it's those Pink Foams that seem to get me stopped the most.

Oddest time was when I was in the lobby at a doctor's office and an older lesbian couple complimented me on them :lol:

Ol' boy up there who said there's no better feeling than being complimented for smelling good is spot on though. Immediate confidence booster. That's that Versace Blue Jeans, bae :pimp:

i have yet to see someone with cool shoes where i live.

i wore my galaxy rookies and some dudes that work those little shoe cleaning kiosks yelled "GALAXYS!!" 
roll.gif

i shook my head and laughed, but kept it moving.

if i saw someone with something ill i would just "oh cool so and so's" to myself.

asking to take pics of someones shoes is beyond wack,

some guy at sheikh came from the counter that same day and kept it cool and said my shoes were ill and i just replied that i got lucky online.

i wear my shoes because they are nice to me, i was poor as hell growing up.

so i kinda want to make up for not having anything nice growing up.

but yeah its mostly dudes who notice shoes 
laugh.gif

i paid retail for all my stuff, not a fan of most jordans either.

i only own the playoff 11's, wanted fear 5's but you know how those went, also no white shoes.

Last edited:
I don't really get complimented on my kicks per say, because I mostly wear casual sneakers, but on my gear in general....I just hit them with the thanks, appreciate it, and keep it moving. I always give them the smirk when they ask where I got the item, that smirk that says get your own style .

Last edited:
Word.

I feel awkward when dudes compliment my shoes, cause they usually want to ask where and when I got them.

I usually just say thanks, but then they proceed to ask more questions. Most of my **** is either really old now or recent retro's that I just got the chance to break out.

So I just tell them "I been had these. I don't even remember when they dropped forreal. These joints old"

Or "I got them when they came out last. I just keep em in the box"

I love sneakers, but I hate talking about them offline.

Kids and dudes without jobs don't understand that you can't wear these ***** to work, so all your **** is fresh when you only wear each pair maybe 1-2 times a month, if even that.

Then add on top of that, you probably got beaters like flyknits or some **** thats 10x more comfy and you wear those all the time. So those kicks they're goosin' over ain't really **** to you. You just wore em cause the weather was nice.

But on a rare occasion, I'll give up props to someone waring some really nice ****. Like, something crazy that I know I don't see a lot. **** Yeezys, recent retro jordans, foams, all that. I'm talking like some OG total max uptempo's or something. Then, we can talk and chop it up about kicks for a sec. Cause thats what really stops and catches my eye.
Feel the same way, main reason why I cut back on buyin shoes. Im gonna be stuntin when I retire though haha.

I appreciate the compliments that I get from my shoes. Aint tryin to have a conversation about them when I am out with my fam or girl, that's when I am like "C'mon man"
mean.gif

I have a 1986 LA Lakers varsity jacket with leather sleeves by Starter that always gets compliments when I wear it.  Although once this hoity-toity club I went to made me take it off.

Last edited:
dudes in here really complaining about a COMPLIMENT?

:smh:

***** DON'T COMPLIMENT ME DAWG. I WALK AROUDN WITH THE KANYE FACE AT AL TIMES. DON'T TAL TO ME BRO.

NO.

dat feel when a random person acknowledges that youre jacked>

Ayo...

:lol:

:pimp:

I actually enjoy when I get compliments on my glasses too

I got the Malcolm x joints. Get complements all the time

I got a pair of Dita Whitehalls - http://www.ditalegends.com/product_detail/1074/WHITEHALL.html?color_id=620

:pimp: I love things things. They're an attention grabber for sure. Sometimes I catch people just staring at my face. The awkwardness is lvl 10000, but when a chick stops you and wants to talk about your frames and how they look so nice on your face its all good.

Much better than a dude stopping me for my feet.

Compliments on how much space you have in your house >

"Oh my, your ceilings are so high!"

*takes panties off*

Back
Top Bottom