Dat feel when a random person comes up to you and compliments ur kicks

now i know why a lot of ya'll single and forever alone type dudes. ya'll antisocial AF and can't take a compliment to save your life :lol:

does it ruin your day that someone wants to talk to you?

Last edited:
now i know why a lot of ya'll single and forever alone type dudes. ya'll antisocial AF and can't take a compliment to save your life :lol:

It does especially when they are staring at you. My boy was at a bar once and had his Carmines on, and this guy came up to him complimenting him then wanting to buy em.... there on the spot. He said no thanks, but the guy was stalking him all night and wouldn't leave him alone by asking him again and again. That type of recognition is not needed.

Y'all got to be getting compliments from high schoolers. No adult is gonna compliment your jordans. 
Wrong. Happens quite a bit. Have been stopped by dudes on the street who gave me props for wearing LeBron IIs and LeBron IVs. Other day while on my way to work, an older white guy liked my Doernbecher Dunk.

lmfao only on nt does this turn into complaints, calling each other gay or antisocial.

Last edited:
now i know why a lot of ya'll single and forever alone type dudes. ya'll antisocial AF and can't take a compliment to save your life
laugh.gif

It's not like it's mostly females giving out compliments. They usually say something like "Oh don't tell me you're one of those sneakerheads too? Those shoes are such a waste of money."  It's also not like it's a personal compliment. Those I don't mind.

A female telling me I have a nice smile >>> Some random ***** going "nice kicks bro. you gonna cop those xxxx coming out next week?"

Most compliements i get are people who talk about how long my eye lashes are. Pretty weird and :pimp: at the same time because females love them

Lmao I've gotten this a lot too, naturally long eye lashes. Never really paid attention til people started saying it.

I remember one time I was wearing a pair of Xs in a Nike store and this guy around my age stopped me and asked me if I was gonna cop the steel Xs since it was around the RD for them.

I said yea and he complimented my sneakers and asked me if he could see the achievements on the bottom of the shoes and it did feel kind of weird but I said sorry I'm busy and told him thanks for the complements and went on my way

I remember one time I was wearing a pair of Xs in a Nike store and this guy around my age stopped me and asked me if I was gonna cop the steel Xs since it was around the RD for them.

I said yea and he complimented my sneakers and asked me if he could see the achievements on the bottom of the shoes and it did feel kind of weird but I said sorry I'm busy and told him thanks for the complements and went on my way

lol that was a legit check...

Always cool to get a random complement when u rockin some old retro

its whatever though
laugh.gif
mad compliments and looks when i wore my 01 breds in december before the bred release, same thing for royals early last year. 

most recently i get questions and compliments on my MC flyknit racers when im running my errands

just say thanks and keep it moving

I've had people ask to take pics of my sneakers and have had people take pics of me while I'm at stoplights when I wear my Yeezy's on my bike.

That's a little weird to me, basic compliments, not so much.
not sure if srs bout da bike n yeezys

Most compliements i get are people who talk about how long my eye lashes are. Pretty weird and :pimp: at the same time because females love them

**** this. I have to clean my glasses like every 15 minutes because of these :lol:

I don't mind it when it's a quick
View media item 855719"nice kicks"

I'll hit em back with a "thanks" and keep it moving.

But when it goes beyond that, it gets embarrassing. I like shoes, but I don't enjoy talking shoes with shoe people. Iono why. :lol:

I went to chevy's the other day and I was wearing tan yeezys. Dude washing the tables stopped washing the tables and walked over and was like "YO ARE THOSE LEGIT?". I had to get my Joe Pesci on and hit him with the "You really gonna ask me that....in front of my friends??" I told him I wanted a discount for him questioning my shoes (got 20% and everyone at the table got a free margarita). But after that he stuck around and talked about how cool it was that I could sell them for a thousand bucks yadda yadda yadda and...... I'm like bruh, a "nice shoes" would've been fine.

You got a 20% discount and a free margarita for everyone because he legit checked your shoes? 
roll.gif

That awkward moment when someone comes up to you to compliment your Jordan but ONLY TO SAY THE WRONG NUMBER OF THE JORDANS.

Me wearing my 12 playoffs

Him- Dope 13s man.

Me- :stoneface:

I don't mind it when it's a quick
View media item 855719"nice kicks"

I'll hit em back with a "thanks" and keep it moving.

But when it goes beyond that, it gets embarrassing. I like shoes, but I don't enjoy talking shoes with shoe people. Iono why. :lol:

I went to chevy's the other day and I was wearing tan yeezys. Dude washing the tables stopped washing the tables and walked over and was like "YO ARE THOSE LEGIT?". I had to get my Joe Pesci on and hit him with the "You really gonna ask me that....in front of my friends??" I told him I wanted a discount for him questioning my shoes (got 20% and everyone at the table got a free margarita). But after that he stuck around and talked about how cool it was that I could sell them for a thousand bucks yadda yadda yadda and...... I'm like bruh, a "nice shoes" would've been fine.

You got a 20% discount and a free margarita for everyone because he legit checked your shoes? :rofl:

Real Men of Genius. :pimp:

Last edited:
Had a dude in the mall acting real immature over my 2011 BC 3's a couple days ago. He was just being real loud and obnoxious over how new they looked. Stuff like that is always awkward....

The chick that complimented me on my Hillman University hoody later on that day :nthat:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom