Do you tip when you do carry out at a restaurant?

Wow at the cheap people in hear.

I tip everywhere I go. If I go buy gas and my credit card isn't working I'll go in pay cash and also tip the guy for taking my money and pressing the button to start the gas.

Buying groceries is the same thing. Let's say I get charged $54 for groceries. I just give them a $60 and bounce.

When I go for a check up and I have a $20 copay I'll usually just give 'em a $50 so $30 tip so I'll get better service from the doctor.

Same thing at Footlocker. I tip the guy for bringing my shoes out for me. If they don't fit and that's all they had at least he/her earned their money by actually going to the back room and getting the shoes for me.

One of these days i'll start doing that

Once I reach your income bracket

Until then, I will continue to let the given employee receive their wages from their employeer.

My carryout does not deliver to my door nor does the pizza man. I live in a high rise and they only deliver to the front door, do you still tip in that situation? Toughts?

I still tip. My delivery guys usually wait at the front of my building until I get to the front door because there is no parking around me so they double park and don't want to get a ticket. Some guys come upstairs if there is a spot in front.

I seriously don't understand how tipping is such a controversial topic on nt. I've never seen arguments about it except on here. The only thing you guys agree on is tipping your barbers since you care about your haircuts so much.

one of the great mysteries of life . . . this is a sneaker forum where people discuss spending hundreds of dollars on a pair of sneakers, but won't spring a couple bucks for a tip, ha.

I tip everywhere I go. If I go buy gas and my credit card isn't working I'll go in pay cash and also tip the guy for taking my money and pressing the button to start the gas.

Buying groceries is the same thing. Let's say I get charged $54 for groceries. I just give them a $60 and bounce.

When I go for a check up and I have a $20 copay I'll usually just give 'em a $50 so $30 tip so I'll get better service from the doctor.

Same thing at Footlocker. I tip the guy for bringing my shoes out for me. If they don't fit and that's all they had at least he/her earned their money by actually going to the back room and getting the shoes for me.
This man gets it. :pimp:

I was just thinking about you broke boys today. I was at McD's (you know, the ones attached to the gas station), ordered my food ($4.87 :pimp:), tipped the cashier $3 because she said she was having a bad day but took my order with expediency and 95% accuracy (I said dine in, not to go).

Anyway, I get my food and my mans was giving out free samples for the fish mcbites, asked me if I wanted to try some. I said, "I sure do!". He put the bites on my tray and gave me a packet of tartar sauce too. I said, "Hold on, homeboy" slid him a 5 spot like it wasn't nothing. Told him "Thanks for the extraordinary service."

Sat down, and another cat was wiping down a table next to me. All I had left was a 20, so I let him have it. Told him, "Here man, keep the change. Keep up the good work, son".

This is an everyday thing for me. I bet you broke boys don't even tip your professors. :smh:

NT's obsession with tipping is mystifying.  

and no I never tip on carry out/pick up, that doesn't even make sense...

Last edited:
This man gets it.
pimp.gif

I was just thinking about you broke boys today. I was at McD's (you know, the ones attached to the gas station), ordered my food ($4.87
pimp.gif
), tipped the cashier $3 because she said she was having a bad day but took my order with expediency and 95% accuracy (I said dine in, not to go).

Anyway, I get my food and my mans was giving out free samples for the fish mcbites, asked me if I wanted to try some. I said, "I sure do!". He put the bites on my tray and gave me a packet of tartar sauce too. I said, "Hold on, homeboy" slid him a 5 spot like it wasn't nothing. Told him "Thanks for the extraordinary service."

Sat down, and another cat was wiping down a table next to me. All I had left was a 20, so I let him have it. Told him, "Here man, keep the change. Keep up the good work, son".

This is an everyday thing for me. I bet you broke boys don't even tip your professors.
mean.gif
lol, sound like lies too me just to say that you got money... u know well that you aint tipping your professors... lol thats call bribing they aint taking that

How much you tip your mailman? I been thinking $100 a week should suffice.

This man gets it. :pimp:

I was just thinking about you broke boys today. I was at McD's (you know, the ones attached to the gas station), ordered my food ($4.87 :pimp:), tipped the cashier $3 because she said she was having a bad day but took my order with expediency and 95% accuracy (I said dine in, not to go).

This is an everyday thing for me. I bet you broke boys don't even tip your professors. :smh:
:rofl:

This was one of those reads where from the beginning up until the end I was like :rolleyes >D :smh: :x :lol: :rofl: :rofl: in that order. I really had to let it sink in to get all those lulz. That last sentence got me dying.

Last edited:

How much you tip your mailman? I been thinking $100 a week should suffice.

yeah let me know so I can get my route changed LOL

I sense a few sarcasm in here... Just shows their immaturity. The logic against tipping waiters is obscene!

How are you not banned after that picture you posted in the other tipping thread

i always thought you guys were exaggerating, but the mods really don't care about black people
pretty much.... One Asian twip and it's permaban....

My carryout does not deliver to my door nor does the pizza man. I live in a high rise and they only deliver to the front door, do you still tip in that situation? Toughts?

I don't, but according to NT you should since he has a crappy job (even though I get charged a delivery fee).

My question is if you are charged the tip in the bill do you still tip on top of that?

I don't, but according to NT you should since he has a crappy job (even though I get charged a delivery fee).

My question is if you are charged the tip in the bill do you still tip on top of that?
I think the idea is that you're supposed to tip because the delivery fee doesn't go to the delivery person.

If tip is added to a bill, I don't need to add more. They should tell you in the menu how much they add for gratuity. I think most places I've seen add 18%. 

I think the idea is that you're supposed to tip because the delivery fee doesn't go to the delivery person.

If tip is added to a bill, I don't need to add more. They should tell you in the menu how much they add for gratuity. I think most places I've seen add 18%. 
A waitress tip is subjective though (bad service no tip, good service better tip) a delivery drivers tip is for what? A service I paid for in the delivery fee and he gets paid to do???? He's not providing better service (I have to go downstairs to the curbside and get the pizza in the cold.... If he brought it upstairs then he would be providing an extra service he isn't paid to do and deserving if a tip.

How does a delivery driver not earn a tip????

A waitress tip is subjective though (bad service no tip, good service better tip) a delivery drivers tip is for what? A service I paid for in the delivery fee and he gets paid to do???? He's not providing better service (I have to go downstairs to the curbside and get the pizza in the cold.... If he brought it upstairs then he would be providing an extra service he isn't paid to do and deserving if a tip.

How does a delivery driver not earn a tip????
I think you answered your own questions.

Tip whoever makes your food plus the server, especially if they (cooks) can see you from their station.

We remember faces, and how much, and what you order.

If you're fat and crush an inconsiderate amount of food, and DONT tip, aw man, thats your *** next time around.

Working to make your food is hard work and stressful, especially with a consistent load at the time.

Ive seen cooks throw pancakes around the kitchen, half cooked fish stepped on, steaks/burgers dragged through the bottom of a grill, spit in salads, know that blacc **** around the rim of a sink? guess what was in your coffee.

Please tip.

Tip whoever makes your food plus the server, especially if they (cooks) can see you from their station.

If you're fat and crush an inconsiderate amount of food, and DONT tip, aw man, thats your *** next time around.

Working to make your food is hard work and stressful, especially with a consistent load at the time.

Ive seen cooks throw pancakes around the kitchen, half cooked fish stepped on, steaks/burgers dragged through the bottom of a grill, spit in salads, know that blacc **** around the rim of a sink? guess what was in your coffee.

Please tip.
The idea that not tipping warrants the immature and disgusting behavior outlined above is beyond absurd. Restaurant workers don't earn the right to do whatever they want to a customer's food because the customer chooses to not tip (a valid option when dining).

Please tip.

I do believe in tipping... but this type of behavior is unacceptable. :smh:

The idea that not tipping warrants the immature and disgusting behavior outlined above is beyond absurd. Restaurant workers don't earn the right to do whatever they want to a customer's food because the customer chooses to not tip (a valid option when dining).
Tell it to them.

Back
Top Bottom