Evidence that Jordan is slipping - The Air Jordan VI retro

Originally Posted by scarru

Originally Posted by lildawgryan

Originally Posted by blco02

Originally Posted by Kneesh

Jordan Brand made $143 million in December 2009 off the Space Jams alone.

Let that simmer in right quick before you say Jordan is slipping on sales.

This figure is completely and utterly false.

Im making this number up but it will see how close Kneesh was right. Say JB made $100 profit from every pair of space jams they sell. They would have to sell 14,300,000 of them in December to make a profit of $143 million. It was a limited release right
roll.gif

Did you mean $10 profit on every pair? 14,300,000 x 100 = 1,430,000,000. Maybe he was talking Gross Revenue...but still $143M at $175 a pair means they sold 817,142 units......waaaaay too high

You really think that's too high?
laugh.gif

Think of every state in America. That's like, what, 12-13,000 a state?

That's nothing. Stop it.

I really wish dudes would stop comparing the VI to the Space Jams as a way of saying that, the VI quality is ok. I think some of you are just repeating stuff you saw someone else say or you're salty that you didn't get the Space Jams.

If they weren't supposed to resemble the infrareds, they wouldn't have made the GS durabuck.

And the paint was plain sloppy on the VI, and on the box it sure doesn't say retro +

I agree with many people on this board. Just look at what happened with the military IV's....they didn't sell fast and when that happened they were gone very slowly. A few month past and everyone forgot about them. But wait, they start going up in price because all of a sudden there is a demand?! This happens all the time. JB has people to run the numbers, and numbers don't lie. Just because shoes don't sell out don't mean they won't sell out. It's inevitable with the amount of shoes its hard for the consumer to purchase all the shoes, but JB wants to create those consumers. They want you to buy, buy, buy, so you don't buy other sneakers, thats how the business is run folks. LOOK AT IT FROM THE INSIDE, many of us look at it from the outside. If you were Jordan yourself you would want to do the same thing. I know I would....Case closed. You either like it or don't, someone else will, keep it movin' dough buddies

Originally Posted by Magic1978

I really wish dudes would stop comparing the VI to the Space Jams as a way of saying that, the VI quality is ok. I think some of you are just repeating stuff you saw someone else say or you're salty that you didn't get the Space Jams.

If they weren't supposed to resemble the infrareds, they wouldn't have made the GS durabuck.

And the paint was plain sloppy on the VI, and on the box it sure doesn't say retro +
If you don't think the Varsity Reds are better quality than the SJ's then I don't know what to tell you. And for the record, I'm not salty anymore that I didn't get these. In the end, I dodged a bullet. Are you salty sir that you dropped $175+ on a shoe that should be discounted on the sales rack in my Nike outlet? Let's not go there my dude, I have a great pair of '01 Black/Red that will outlast your SJ's in every aspect. And made to resemble the infrareds? What mainly black colorway of the VI's has released in tumbled leather? Don't worry, I'll wait. As far as the paint, mine look fine. The only pairs that I have seen with horrible paint jobs are the kids and infant sizes, which you all beasted over. Face it, you and a slew of others made it up in your own minds that these were supposed to be something that they aren't and weren't produced to be. Maybe some people don't want to wear hot pink and would rather wear red. I don't mind either and will cop the infra pack if it does indeed release. 

STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT QUALITY AND SIMPLY DON'T BUY, NO NEED TO HATE, KEEP IT GOING, JB IS DOING FINE W/O ALL YOU HATERS.

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

Originally Posted by Magic1978

If you don't think the Varsity Reds are better quality than the SJ's then I don't know what to tell you. And for the record, I'm not salty anymore that I didn't get these. In the end, I dodged a bullet. Are you salty sir that you dropped $175+ on a shoe that should be discounted on the sales rack in my Nike outlet? Let's not go there my dude, I have a great pair of '01 Black/Red that will outlast your SJ's in every aspect. And made to resemble the infrareds? What mainly black colorway of the VI's has released in tumbled leather? Don't worry, I'll wait. As far as the paint, mine look fine. The only pairs that I have seen with horrible paint jobs are the kids and infant sizes, which you all beasted over. Face it, you and a slew of others made it up in your own minds that these were supposed to be something that they aren't and weren't produced to be. Maybe some people don't want to wear hot pink and would rather wear red. I don't mind either and will cop the infra pack if it does indeed release. 

THIS!!  I LOVE these shoes, I am 31 and remember the OG release AND the retro, didnt get either because I didnt want to wear black and pink shoes.  When I seen these, I jumped on them with a quickness because the 6 is one of my favorite Jordans and the FINALY made it with regular red...

Most of you guys don't understand the quality issue but that's ok. The OG III's were incredible - so comfortable! As well as the OG 4-5 & 6. The retros just don't compare in comfort unfortunately. Unless you count the 1994 retro III's, those were nice too! The first retro 4's and 5's and 6's were pretty decent too. I dont remember the exact year when JB started making the shoes seem like Fake Jordans, but it was a disappointment seeing a Jumpman instead on Nike Air. They looked and felt like Fake Jordans! I remember buying a pair of V's which were grey and green, the 3M reflective ones. Remember those? I couldn't even wear them they were so incredibly uncomfortable! OUCH!!! It's too bad people still buy which I dont think they do as much as they did say 6 years ago when the retro craze was going on. The early retros were pretty good. People say, don't complain to me all the time, just quit buying them. Ok, I don't buy anymore but I can complain if I want. I wish everyone would complain more so things would go back to the way they were. Unfortunately though, that's life. Fast food restaurants slip too. Arbys used to be delicious! Now, I can barely eat them! The quality of meat is terrible. A place called Runza where I live used to have the best burgers in town but now they are terrible! And the prices are higher! So I don't eat at these places anymore. They are still in business but they aren't as busy and a lot of people I talk to agree that the quality sucks! Applebees used to have great chicken strips but they suck now! Everything around me is getting worse! Even Jordan brand - worse quality and comfort and higher prices! So sad! This is just my opinion and you can disagree with me and that's fine. You can keep buying Jordans and I buy some once in awhile just not as many.

What JM said.

$143 Million bruh? Really? lolol

You guys should really leave speculating to the Stock Market.

I dont think many of you realize Jordan sells ALOT of their Team Shoe Inventory. .... just not on day one. Yet that doesnt make them a flop.

eBAY will never constitute the success of a shoe or otherwise. Jordan and Nike makes what Buyers order. Once thats done.. sales are made and so is the money. They dont lose if product doesn't sell. The Retailer does.

Some of you should take a Business Class.

People are still trying to recover from the space jams I copped 4 pairs plus copped one pair of XII's before that so I don't have the funds to copp right now.

Originally Posted by arc9802

Jordan is slipping - It is very telling when the Air Jordan VI is selling for less than retail with free shipping on Ebay. The last time these released they were selling for double on Ebay!
The Jordan shoe game isn't as high anymore because I remember every single week the price of a new release would be higher and higher but now they are lower

Lol...A real Jordan head would remember when the sneakers were $125 and sat in stores longer then they do now....So is jb really slippin?? or u talking quality? If u dont like the quality dont buy the shoe! find sumthin thats up to your standerds. But imo i think jb is making more money then eva. Back in the day jb didnt drop kicks back to back to back like they do now or have 3 pairs drop at once. Its jus that they drop 5 shoes in 2months so of course they will sit. Just think there over doin it..to many release around the same dates!

saw two pairs of retro VI at the nike outlet in nj today for 99.00 each they were a little scuffed though only near the top but still seems pretty quick for them to be in an outlet.

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

IMO they did a good job with the Varsity Reds. Same thing with the white/red XII's. Nice quality. The same people *****ing about these were the same people huddled up to by those horribly made Space Jams. If JB is slipping, then so are we as consumers.

for a worse product.  the dumbing down of america.

Exactly! America is becoming dumber and blinder to corporate BS every year.

And this goes for more than just jordans....music, films, etc are all dumbed down and still being accepted just fine.

this vi must be the most hated shoe in JB history. personally i think this vi is great and is one of my favs.

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

The varsity red 6 didn't sell Well because they used suede. Atleast that's why I didn't buy them. And the white red 12 released at the worst time possible. Right before space jams. People were staying tight on funds to save for the jams
qft. i didn't mind that the 6 weren't infrared but the fact that it was suede made me pass. if the space jams weren't releasing, i may have considered copping the white/red 12 (although i would much rather own the OG).

OGfiend wrote:
for a worse product.  the dumbing down of america.

Exactly! America is becoming dumber and blinder to corporate BS every year.

And this goes for more than just jordans....music, films, etc are all dumbed down and still being accepted just fine.

I agree, nicely said people need to open there eyes.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by homer420

this vi must be the most hated shoe in JB history. personally i think this vi is great and is one of my favs.
the vi is one of the most appreciated shoes in the line bro, and I stand by my oppinion that these are hot...

Originally Posted by arc9802

Jordan is slipping - It is very telling when the Air Jordan VI is selling for less than retail with free shipping on Ebay. The last time these released they were selling for double on Ebay!

Really? Do you clearly remember using eBay back in 2000??? Over in London they Infrared VI never sold (it was when Jordan's in original colours were exclusive to Footlocker) and I still kick myself occassionally for not buying THEIR WHOLE STOCK, as they were on sale at £20 )$40 ++#) a pair. I got my first pair on 02 in Japan, for like £130 and people thought I was crazy when I came back with them. They only started generating hype around the mid-2000s, which is when the price went up. Anyways, new VI is a completely different shoe, so I have no idea where your point lies...

Back
Top Bottom