FAT Shaming

Haven't really read this thread, so I could be totally off base as to what is being discussed.

The thing with obesity is that there's plenty of people who do eat normally or even relatively clean yet are overweight or obese. Yes there are people that are overweight or obese simply because of their eating habits and/or lack of activity. However, there's also a huge chunk of people that just can't lose weight due to a multitude of medical reasons. Weight is controlled my multiple systems in our body (our Endocrine system and Nervous system come to mind). Some people don't produce the proper hormones, some people don't respond to the hormones that our body produces that control appetite, weight, etc. The medical field always debates if obesity is a disease. It's trending to accepting obesity as a disease and having insurance cover certain medications that can alter hormone production such as insulin to regulate weight. There's been a lot of relatively new drugs that have shown a significant amount of weight loss. However, once these patients come off these medications they regain the weight, even if they keep a clean diet.

What's interesting is if you want to be PC in the medical field you are taught to say someone has obesity instead of that he/she is obese. By wording it this way you treat obesity as a disease rather than defining a person as obese.

She Speaking Facts Or She Mad People Won’t Date Her? Big Chick Shaming Men For Having Dating Preferences

I'm not dating a fat girl. Chubby is unlikely and not completely ruled off, but I'm not dating a fat girl.

If this woman don't get TF outta here with this FAT acceptance BS !!!! You cannot force someone to be attracted to a fat woman. I'm tired of seeing this BS propaganda put out there. How about fat people stop being fat if it's such a problem for them when it comes to dating. Otherwise go find you someone that's the same size as you. And then she had the nerve to throw black people into the mix as if we have anything to do with the fact that she can't stop putting a fork to her mouth.

Lol @ “eat normally” and obese. Yeah ok. Keep lying to yourself.

Not here to convince anyone, but it's way more complicated for some than just eating right and exercising. For example, there's people that literally have issues with their hypothalamus which is a portion of the brain that regulates so many things that happen in the body, one of these things is energy balance. These people don't respond to a hormone called Leptin that regulates hunger and metabolism. There's way more networks at play as well.

I was able to work in this field of research and medicine for a few years.. The medical community already defines obesity as a disease. I believe this was officially done in 2013.

Yeah that’s the exception and not the norm though. Take 1000 obese people and put them in a fat camp for 1 year where all they do is eat healthy and do normal levels of exercise and 9,900+ of them will look dramatically different and have lost significant weight.

Just because doing that is unrealistic / tough / not possible in the real world doesn’t mean the “science” changes or that some large percentage of people have the sort of issues you’re talking about. A lot of people think they are being healthy and active when it’s really self biased reporting of what they do and don’t do.

The thing with obesity is that there's plenty of people who do eat normally or even relatively clean yet are overweight or obese. Yes there are people that are overweight or obese simply because of their eating habits and/or lack of activity. However, there's also a huge chunk of people that just can't lose weight due to a multitude of medical reasons. Weight is controlled my multiple systems in our body (our Endocrine system and Nervous system come to mind). Some people don't produce the proper hormones, some people don't respond to the hormones that our body produces that control appetite, weight, etc.

i need you to quantify for us how big this problem in the fat community? no pun intended lol

does it affect 10% of them? 20%? 1%? .00005%?

Haven't really read this thread, so I could be totally off base as to what is being discussed.

The thing with obesity is that there's plenty of people who do eat normally or even relatively clean yet are overweight or obese.
Yea but what did they do BEFORE they STARTED to eat clean? :lol:

RE: Big Girl

Am I the only one that took what she was saying as satire?

Maybe it's just me but I don't think she was being serious at all.

giphy.gif

I've worked in gyms for quite a while in the past.

Over time i got a sense for when people were cappin about what their dietary habits and as a result struggled to lose weight.

But some people i worked with it clearly wasn't as straight forward as diet and exercise.

I think this is a good explanation by Peter Attia (physician) of why some people legitimately struggle to manage their weight.

Back
Top Bottom