I’m starting to see why GM cars get the bad reputation that it gets.....

20151109_121220.jpg

6 speed manual
all time 4 wheel drive
i go offroad weekly/monthly for work
driven this to mexico and canada
220k and all i have ever changed is oil/tires

...i get it tho...the jeep is a classic...i had 5.0s growing up in highschool, but once i got into japanese cars i never bought anything else...they are very good quality cars and very reasonably priced

Last edited:
I like new fords, I’d buy one.

c6/c7 corvette are dope

new jeeps are trash but the old ones are tanks. As marikomorose marikomorose said those straight 6 are bulletproof.

old Chevy trucks are great as well.

I’d never get any budget American car these days. It will just be junk.

I’m not going to act like they’re all trash though because they aren’t. That new bronco is going to make jeeps up their game.

20151109_121220.jpg

6 speed manual
all time 4 wheel drive
i go offroad weekly/monthly for work
driven this to mexico and canada
220k and all i have ever changed is oil/tires

...i get it tho...the jeep is a classic...i had 5.0s growing up in highschool, but once i got into japanese cars i never bought anything else...they are very good quality cars and very reasonably priced
I’ve always wanted one these. Never even seen the interior on one. Definitely a bucket list vehicle for me though.

before my current car, i had a 2006 tacoma. it's still running great with no major problems. over 270k miles.
i was actually waiting for it to give up on me to get a new whip but i got antsy during the pandemic with all the deals and just copped one. i know the tacoma is gonna keep on doing it's thing for a while.

Jeep’s are cool for snow, off-road, and cruising around with the top/doors off in the spring/summer. Besides that they are boring, terrible driving refrigerators. Daily driving a jeep just sucks. Ideally they are a second or third car.

In case some of y’all wanna join us :smile:
Here’s mine
7A81C59E-F6AC-4181-A896-6262F6DF8843.jpeg

Jeep’s are cool for snow, off-road, and cruising around with the top/doors off in the spring/summer. Besides that they are boring, terrible driving refrigerators. Daily driving a jeep just sucks. Ideally they are a second or third car.
Yea I def don’t recommend them as a daily...I drive a Honda Civic as a daily. Plus they not family friendly. 1 kid cool, 2 or more nah the wrangler ain’t it.

Yea I def don’t recommend them as a daily...I drive a Honda Civic as a daily. Plus they not family friendly. 1 kid cool, 2 or more nah the wrangler ain’t it.
Yeah I got rid of mine when my son got into the rear facing convertible seat. That back seat is so shallow that like half the car seat hung off:lol:

I do really want to get a jku as a weekend car to throw the dogs in when hiking, take the top off, drive the kids around in the summer, etc. once this market calms down I may.

I’ve always had a Japanese whips too with the exception of a few gti’s. I have a mk7 gti now. It’s been great so far, zero issues.

my 4runners have all been tanks, Nissan Frontier was hot garbage had to replace then engine with 90k on it.

rx7 obviously it wasn't reliable, some old accords I had were great.

I want another 3rd gen 4runner but they are too rusty at this point. I don’t like the new ones. Too soccer mom’ish for me.

Toyota trucks/suvs retain their value and in most cases appreciate in value...i had a FJ80 LandCruiser that I sold to buy my FJ...that car was really nice and they are really valuable now, look at the money 90s/00s tacomas get...its crazy!

I bought the new 4runner as a family car...the explorer is the same $ but i doubt it retains its value or lasts as long
20180906_142100.jpg

ive always liked fords (5.0s...especially the notchbacks and the f series trucks)

I’m not in the business of defending American cars, but I’ve owned an ‘01 Lincoln, an ‘09 Taurus, and currently a ‘15 300. Between all three cars, the only issues I’ve had are a fuel pump (Lincoln, it was 10 years old) and a heated seat that stopped working (Taurus). But otherwise, all I’ve done is routine maintenance. My Dad had an Acura TL that had more problems in like a 2 year period than all of my cars combined :lol:

To me it seems like a lot of talk about car reliability is just confirmation bias. Obviously if you have a bad experience you’d never want that brand again, which is totally understandable, but I don’t necessarily buy into there being this huge gap in reliability.

Now if you’re talking about the COST of maintenance to fix the same problems, that’s a different conversation :lol:

I have a rav4 and it’s been good for me. 65k miles in and I’m probably like $1300 in, 800 of it was cause I f’ed up and ripped the bumper off

next car I think I want a 4Runner
Or a x3, x5, q3, q5 :lol:

Back
Top Bottom