I JUST MET GENTRY!!!!!!! no pics - INFO!!!!

Originally Posted by 2396Bulls

what did the medial side of the shoe look like? in what ways was it different than the lateral side in the leaked pic? Would really appreciate any info on details of the shoe we have NOT seen. Hopefully the whole nike air thing ends up happening because me and alot of other people are going to be pissed at the mention of it and then it doesnt happen. Was there nike air on the XXIII? It seems I remember some people on this forum saying it would be. As for the colors of the XXIII, where on the leaked pic were the colors he showed you guys? You know, like where was the red, where was the black, what part was university blue, what part was grey? Thanks for the info.
black/red- black upper, looked all black(not sure if the color of the stitching was black or grey...), red accent on tongue. looked to have patentleather on them... very shiny. i would have loved to see more red... white/black/red-white upper with red stitching. these were the nicest imo. classic ajfeel... grey/caro- grey upper, caro sticthing. carolina midsole. these are kinda cool because of the carolin midsole...its like a gummy material from what isaw. by the way, black/green ray allen pe 8's were nuts. the cool grey spizikes have a clear sole...im not sure if u could tell from the pic that wasposted a while ago...

thats cool. i wish i could talk to his punk#%+!. air some stuff out you know. try and understand his logic. because i dont get it
nice info, thanks!

I seriously think HOV would crumble and ask simple questions and not ask anything abrasive.

First it would be stupid to do so. Next... everyone wants to blame Gentry for a Tinker design? Thats just odd... Tinker worked on these for TWO years. Thatsdouble the time all other designers get for MULTIPLE releases of a shoe.

Next, how come MJ doesn't get blame for oking a shoe bearing his signature and name? He IS the one who says yes or no to it... remember?

For all those complaining ABOUT the XX3... I am still wondering.. What WAS it supposed to look like?

its funny how you put "no pics" in the title like you were posting in General
roll.gif

ALL THESE YOUNG "OLD COLLECTOR" KIDS SAY THE DARNEST THINGS.... WHY WOULD YOU TALK SHI! TO GENTRY. AND IF YOU DID... WHAT IS YOUR POINT. YOU REALLYTHINK HE CARES ABOUT YOU... WE CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT, ALL WE CAN DO IS COMPLAIN AND MAYBE SPARK SOMETHING UP.

I didnt like the spizikes, but I could see how someone could like the cg spizikes Gentry showed us, those being the best colorway if they came out. they had aclear gum bottom as well.

Ah...I found out about this happening literally as it was already starting but I had an exam to go to. I had no idea he'd be showing pics of upcomingstuff...ugh!
mad.gif

Hey, Black Ice...

Describe them Barons 1's in more details...
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Did the Cool Grey Spizike's have patent? Anybody got pics?

no pics allowed or we couldnt see the shoes...it was in held in a class room, not audiroium, so it was very private...

i wasnt feelin the cg spizikes, so im not sure if they had atent...id say no but im not sure, i as to busy focusing on the ray allen pe...

i iwsh i had photoshop but im on my macbook...ill be home on friday and will photoshop soemthings there...

baron 1's

all black. white jumpman on back. white stitching. possible "baseball stitching"

pinstripes in toebox. made of canvas. patent leather nike sign. im not 100% but he said something about stats being on the shoe? idk whyd theyd ever do that...

You mean you think he did this out of the kindness of his heart? It didn't cost him a thing, and he probably got paid. Now sure, Part of his job is to make money and increase profits for the company, but it is also about catering to you're consumers (all of them!! Not just trendy hypebeasts who will go away in a few years), which he simply does not. He doesn't respect collectors, or the people who were buying the shoes religiously for 18 years before he started whoring them out with cheap production and horrible colorways. And not asking him questions about why he makes the decisions he does, especially in a business class, is going to just make him think he's doing the right thing.
naw he didnt get paid for it...a friend of mine named kenneth moreland asked him to come down. The two talk every week and have been cool witheach other for about a year(he also gets some kicks for free). Blackice got in kinda late, but what Gentry was telling us is that they didnt become a 70million dollar company to a 180+ million dollar company just by trying to please OG collectors. At the end of the day the brand is a business, and he has toanswer to certain investors who see numbers, not shoe collectors who see just the shoes. And he spoke about websites like pickyourshoes.com and air-randy, andother websites that have the shoes before they release and overpirce them, and he really didnt like how they overprice the shoes, etc.

oh yeah the 23s are suppose to drop 23 hours 23mintes and 23 seconds before the all star game or something of that nature...dont totally qoute me on that
I believe just on the all start 23s on the side of them is Michael Jordans Signature "MJ" everywhere

Wow, i feel like i just came back from the grave. Niketalk has been revamped. Nice story, wish i could have seen the PE 8's.

im not 100% but he said something about stats being on the shoe? idk whyd theyd ever do that...

Mike was weak as hell in baseball...
laugh.gif

But it was a humbling experience for him, And it was a part of his career, So hey...

They should put em on there.

the heel had two bats crossing each other with another logo in between but i couldnt really make it out

Sounds interesting....as a matter of fact what ever happened to snuggals mcduggal????

68325e6e00bc0d95a54184edc39c28ef222fbbb.pjpg

Im amped to find out that these will be released to the public.
What really makes me mad is that I have no doubt that Ray's pe's are dope, but yet we (the general public) get stuck withsome putrid navy/orange,white/orange, chutney, brown, and other horrid color combos as opposed to the simple yet elegant primary color combo.
For once give us a pe colorway that an NBA player would actually wear to a game, and I dont mean stuff like XXII pe or team J's. Give us a numbered Jordanin a particular team colorway ex. Boston, Sacramento, San Antonio (knowing damn well you could never go wrong with a classic black/white combo), or Detroit (noNew Orleans).
Also putting a special touch such as pe stiching wouldnt hurt ex. Ray, Rip, Bibby etc.

^ yup those are exactly how the CG spizikes looked...and the bottom of the 23s are jordans fingerprint if you didnt know that already

blackiceblaze-the way you describe the grey/carolina pair is exactly how i've always pictured it in my head. i bet the carolina color really pops. ican't wait to see pics of these
eek.gif

^^ Mike was good at baseball. I was a pretty good Quad A baseball player, and I would not have been able to hit .100 in Double A or maybe even Single A forthat matter. People don't understand that those "crappy" players were the best of the best in high school and were good in college.

Hey thanks for the info, sounds cool.
how about going through your post and editing it and making a list of stuff instead of a huge jumbled up bunch of info... If you could take the time to edit it and make it into a list and have stuff spaced out that would be helpful to alot of people on here...
How about ppl just do a little reading. If you cannot make sense of this "jumble" it may be indicative of a larger problem.

I seriously think HOV would crumble and ask simple questions and not ask anything abrasive.

You wish bro. If I can get in a conference room and argue with the CEO of a Fortune 500 company over the terms of my client's acquisition of his company,I can certainly get in a room with Gentry "The Hypocrite" Humpbank Whale and lay into him about how he turned a company that defined what excellencemeans into a company that defines what following trends means. Trust me, I've got the questiosn ready to go.

Back
Top Bottom