Is It Rude/Pretentious To Request Guests To Take Their Shoes Off Upon Entering Your Home?

Is It Rude/Pretentious To Request Guests To Take Their Shoes Off Upon Entering Your Home?

• Total voters
I have house shoes I use inside my house, I don't wear shoes inside. But if i'm inviting company over, I'm not going to ask grown adults to take their shoes off. If I'm that worried about my floors getting dirty, I'm not inviting people over.

Exactly!

Imagine your elders walking around with socks, slipping and sliding everywhere.

So if it’s not DS it goes in there? But now it’s only, what’s in your rotation.

Yeah sure, my home is cleaned every night.

Do you drive shoeless? So you don’t get those piss shoes in your car?
You sweep and mop 7 days a week?

I have house shoes I use inside my house, I don't wear shoes inside. But if i'm inviting company over, I'm not going to ask grown adults to take their shoes off. If I'm that worried about my floors getting dirty, I'm not inviting people over.
I don't understand why them being grown somehow makes "asking" them to take their shoes off such a crime/disrespectful request.

You sweep and mop 7 days a week?

That’s not normal?

well excuse me then. If I didn’t have crib cleaned every night, I wouldn’t want people walking around in shoes.

dudes talking bout no shoes in the crib, but it’s the same dudes sitting bare *** on public toilet seats.

Come on man.

Nobody sweeps/mops SEVEN days a week.

That is almost as bad as the, "I take a shower after EVERY bowel movement" dudes on here. :lol:
Even if you had a maid, imagine paying a maid to come to your place to sweep and mop 7 days a week.

Exactly!

Imagine your elders walking around with socks, slipping and sliding everywhere.

My parents don't allow shoes in their house either so it wouldn't be a problem with them taking them off at mine. If you have carpet and still wear shoes in the house that is even worse.

My parents don't allow shoes in their house either so it wouldn't be a problem with them taking them off at mine. If you have carpet and still wear shoes in the house that is even worse.

carpet? Hell no. I wear slides at hone that don’t touch outside. But I’m not gonna make my parents take their shoes off when I can easily clean the floors.

Depends on the situation TBH. If I have a few people over for dinner, I don't think asking them to de-shoe would be too outrageous.

If I'm having a graduation party and there's heavy traffic in and out of the house, it's less feasible to get everyone to take them off.

Back
Top Bottom