Kobe Bryant wins 2007-2008 NBA MVP

If another person says that CP3 deserved it more because he was more valuable to the Hornets, I'm gonna lose my mind. First of all, both of them areequally valuable. Second if they weren't it's the NBA MVP. Who was more valuable to the league???

Originally Posted by JsindaA

If another person says that CP3 deserved it more because he was more valuable to the Hornets, I'm gonna lose my mind. First of all, both of them are equally valuable. Second if they weren't it's the NBA MVP. Who was more valuable to the league???

nobody would be mad if paul won so let's give it a rest.

i think kobe would prefer the finals MVP and i think his team can help him do that
pimp.gif

AJ23ToKB24 wrote:

...Since I'm at it, Kobe needs to stop copying Jordan's styles and moves. Kobe needs to be himself, I mean c'mon he's got the exact fade away jumper just like Jordan. He shoots free throws just like Jordan, he does The Fist when he hits a buzzer beater just like Jordan and sad but it's true that he also walks down the court just like Jordan.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

As a little kid, you didn't try to emulate MJ in the park/playground?

WHY wouldn't you want to be like the GOAT?

Congrats to Kobe. He def. deserved it this year without a doubt.

Now hopefully, he'll get bounced in the second round. Let's go Jazz
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Congratulations to some Lakers fans on your championship.
nerd.gif

Let's not get ahead of ourselves
laugh.gif

I hope you're right though

Originally Posted by Roscoe P Wallace

But..... it would be a travesty if Kobe never won one.... so I suppose congrats to KB

But damn did CP3 have a season, and a playoff.... and.... damnit.

that gif got me dying

Heres one thing that gets me about the way people think on how this award should be given nowadays...

I am sick of the way the media dictated people into thinking how this award should be given. Them giving 2 mvps to nash is what ruine this award. This is theMVP award not the most valuable point guard award. They are awarding point guards for DOING THEIR JOB so easily now... Wheres John Stockton's award? If youfeel so bad about Chris Paul not getting it why dont you feel the same way for John Stockton and Jason Kidd because obviously they were robbed as well right?

BullsRepeat:

Seems like me and you were the only two having a civil conversation in that other thread...but here's what I was gonna reply.......The criteria has tochange according to the year. I don't think it would have been an issue of them changing so much as realizing who had the best year or did the most for theleague. I've noticed that since Jordan it's hard to accurately pin what exactly makes someone MVP of the LEAGUE. Part of that blame has to go on Stern.He's so busy trying to MAKE another Jordan he won't let someone become that.

nyk buc:
nobody would be mad if paul won
Are you high?
laugh.gif

Just kidding.

But there's no way you honestly believe that.

- If Kobe wins, then pro-Paul, pro-LeBron, pro-Garnett, anti-Laker, and anti-Kobe fans are mad.
- If Paul wins, then pro- Kobe, pro-LeBron, and pro-Garnett, fans are mad.
- If LeBron wins, then pro-Paul, pro-Kobe, pro-Garnett, and anti-Eastern Conference fans are mad.
- If Garnett wins, then pro-Paul, pro-Kobe, pro-LeBron, and anti-Eastern Conference fans are mad.

To anyone that doesn't believe those 4 statements are true: welcome to NikeTalk. How'd you find out about us?
happy.gif

cant argue with Lakers fans cuz you know they dont know anything outside of the Lakers and they argue with base on the teams that play with the Lakers. theyalso think bynum is the best center.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

nyk buc:
nobody would be mad if paul won
Are you high?
laugh.gif

Just kidding.

But there's no way you honestly believe that.

- If Kobe wins, then pro-Paul, pro-LeBron, pro-Garnett, anti-Laker, and anti-Kobe fans are mad.
- If Paul wins, then pro- Kobe, pro-LeBron, and pro-Garnett, fans are mad.
- If LeBron wins, then pro-Paul, pro-Kobe, pro-Garnett, and anti-Eastern Conference fans are mad.
- If Garnett wins, then pro-Paul, pro-Kobe, pro-LeBron, and anti-Eastern Conference fans are mad.

To anyone that doesn't believe those 4 statements are true: welcome to NikeTalk. How'd you find out about us?
happy.gif

This is true. if paul won, kidsskillz would be the first to be banned
laugh.gif

From the other thread...
you can't be MVP for 76 games when another guy is MVP for 82. according to NBA.com, the Lakers never went as bad as 2-4 throughout any 6 game stretch of the entire season, not even immediately after Bynum went down and they had to adjust to the injury.
To be fair...

Dec 02 vs. ORL L 97 - 104
Nov 30 @ UTA L 96 - 120
Nov 29 vs. DEN W 127 - 99
Nov 27 vs. SEA W 106 - 99
Nov 25 vs. NJN L 100 - 102
Nov 23 @ BOS L 94 - 107
Nov 21 @ MIL L 103 - 110

Jan 31 @ DET L 89 - 90
Jan 29 vs. NYK W 120 - 109
Jan 27 vs. CLE L 95 - 98
Jan 25 @ DAL L 105 - 112
Jan 23 @ SAS L 91 - 103
Jan 21 vs. DEN W 116 - 99
Jan 17 vs. PHX L 98 - 106

Not sure which NBA.com page you were referring to...

rocboys:
cant argue with Lakers fans cuz you know they dont know anything outside of the Lakers and they argue with base on the teams that play with the Lakers. they also think bynum is the best center.
= "I really have nothing intelligent to add, so I'm going to throw out this really original generalization that no one has ever usedbefore."

Originally Posted by rocboys

cant argue with Lakers fans cuz you know they dont know anything outside of the Lakers and they argue with base on the teams that play with the Lakers. they also think bynum is the best center.

smh.gif

That was the stupid and ignorant statement of the day. What does seem true is that rocboy always trashes the Lakers and their fans for reasons only heknows. Grow up!

Originally Posted by rocboys

i'm not a Lakers fan, but i find it funny that it's you of all people trying to stir the pot with those comments.

do we really have to bring up a list of all the foolish statements you've made?

and that's just in S&T alone, not to talk of your brilliant posting record in General

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

rocboys:
= "I really have nothing intelligent to add, so I'm going to throw out this really original generalization that no one has ever used before."

Don't worry about Rock-O, he is one of the "BIG" Laker haters on this board now. Always has to get his point in no matter how ignorant.

Originally Posted by JsindaA

BullsRepeat:

Seems like me and you were the only two having a civil conversation in that other thread...but here's what I was gonna reply.......The criteria has to change according to the year. I don't think it would have been an issue of them changing so much as realizing who had the best year or did the most for the league. I've noticed that since Jordan it's hard to accurately pin what exactly makes someone MVP of the LEAGUE. Part of that blame has to go on Stern. He's so busy trying to MAKE another Jordan he won't let someone become that.

the thing with MJ was that he was the best player in the league, but he was also playing on the best team in the league (except for '88). Same withMagic & Bird.

It seems like it's different now, but it's always been the same. There might have been some questionable decisions, but they've been consistentover the years with the voting.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]this is from the other thread

Nowitness wrote:[/color]
And if you can't see why 2 years Lakers fans have that argument and today they don't.....you'll never understand basketball...ever.
The thing is, I've never bought into the 'more with less' crap. If your team isn't one of the best teams in your conference, you have no business being in the discussion. Period.

It's just funny that you dudes wanted to pitch that as an excuse for 3 years, and now it's "Kobe's team got the 1-seed. There's no way he shouldn't have won it!"

Fact is, hardly anybody thought the Hornets were a playoff team at the beginning of this year. If they made it in, most people thought it would be as a 7 or 8... They held the 1-seed most of the year, and EVERYBODY thought they would fall off come back to earth. They never did.

And why do yall keep bringing up the last 6 games? I'm sure I can go back and find a stretch of 6 games where CP3 clearly outplayed Kobe Bryant. The only reason yall think it's relevent is because it was the end of the year. If that same stretch happened a month ago, and the standings ended the exact same, it would be irrelevent.

I don't have a problem with Kobe winning it, but IMO the thought that it was just "his turn" pushed the decision his way.

the hornets barely missed the playoffs last year in a tight race for the last seed with paul being injured almost all year. so why is it a surprise that theymade it this year? the same could be said for the lakers. no one thought they would be in the playoffs let alone at the top of the west. so idk why thatcriteria fits for paul and not kobe.

About the Hornets not being picked to make the playoffs: you guys are misremembering. Or something.

One of the dude's on NBA Fastbreak (I'm 99.9% positive it was Tim Legler) had them actually winning the West back in the preseason.

Only an idiot would have said that they were NOT going to make the playoffs (so maybe... Woody Paige and Peter Vecsey excluded them. And maybe Skip Bayless.)

I know this is off topic but the reason Nash and Norwitzki (I know that wrong I dont care) messed up the MVP, is because it made people believe you could winthe award and not play ANY defense.

I am happy if this is the case for a few reason.

1-I love the Lakers, and Kobe represents the Lakers.

2-The MVP is now not only given to the best player of the year but the best player on one of the best teams in the league.

3-Kobe is my favorite player in the League

4-Kobe is the man

5-Kobe is the underdog for this award I bet the voters were looking for reasons NOT to give him this award but couldn't because then it would render theMVP voting a joke for SURE!

I wouldn't have been upset if CP3 won it, I think he had a fantastic year and is one of the best players in the league. Really he came out of nowhere.Don't get me wrong I knew he would be good but didn't know he could be that good.

Back
Top Bottom