Kobe Bryant wins 2007-2008 NBA MVP

Finally!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

L A L A K E R S

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

LOL how the hell can u root for the Lakers and Warriors?
sick.gif

i been rooting for both since the mid 80's. aint nothing wrong with that. lakers/warriors never had a rival.... leave that crap to baseball... alotof you new warrior fans think this on some nor cal so cal rivalry... it aint.... this aint giants vs dodgers... you got no reason to hate on the lakers...

anyone else at this CP3 vs Kobe for MVP game?

this capped his MVP imo, and the MVP chants were loud as hell(maybe the loudest) @ Staples because of that electricity from that Kobe dunk

CP3 did have 15+ assists that game though...
laugh.gif

YES! was definitely down to either kobe or paul, happy kobe got it this year. very deserving.

im waiting for kobe and the rest of the lakers to bring home another trophy
pimp.gif

but him winning an mvp is definitely APPRECIATED
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
glasses.gif

You alllreaady know
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Congrats to the kid, very much deserved. I'm hoping this movtivates him to keep playing at the same level he's been playing, & that he realizesthat playing team ball can lead to great things, the MVP is a prime example.

Lets goo.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by acidicality

L A L A K E R S

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

LOL how the hell can u root for the Lakers and Warriors?
sick.gif
i been rooting for both since the mid 80's. aint nothing wrong with that. lakers/warriors never had a rival.... leave that crap to baseball... alot of you new warrior fans think this on some nor cal so cal rivalry... it aint.... this aint giants vs dodgers... you got no reason to hate on the lakers...
Screw this norcal socal rivalry garbage... how about a 2 teams in the pacific division rivalry. As a true Laker fan for all of my life i say you'rea fraud.

Well deserved, it could have really gone either way. But it has to be that much more gratifying for fans who watched his career from '97 until now and tofinally see him grow to the complete player he is today AND Kobe himself realizing what needed to be done this year.

So the official announcement is next week? that means he won't get his trophy @ Staples until Game 2? or it'll prolong until the Conference Finals ifthey make it?

Thank god, now we can stop hearing all the whining about how he hasn't won it yet.

Deep down inside...most of the people who thinks CP3 should have won it...just don't like Kobe forreal.

Yeah! About damn time, but honestly, I don't think it matters THAT much if he wins the MVP. In the end, it's all about the championship. Butregardless, I'm glad one of my favorite players is getting the MVP. All candidates this year were quite deserving. MVP's got Utah up next, I'mlooking forward to it.

Originally Posted by lakerz4sho

why do people assume that cp3 plays with a bunch of nobodies and brought up from the trenches to the #2 seed?

he plays with the best shooter in the league in peja (repeat all star)
he plays with the best offensive rebounder and great shotblocker/overall rebounder in tyson
he plays with an all star power forward in david west
he plays for a top notch coach in b scott.
he plays with a solid bench
ALL of the starters played 70+ games (this is huge)

kobe started off w/ the same team as the past 2 seasons, but the development of bynum and acquisition of fisher allowed them to stay in the top half of WC teams
he has a shredded up ligament in his hand that most other players would have opted to have surgery on.
they didn't acquire pau gasol until january, and THEN he missed a bunch of games due to an ankle injury
bynum has been out since january (missing 30+ games)
ariza breaks his foot
fisher has a torn ligament in his foot
walton had hamstring issues all season
mihm hasn't been around for 3 years

kobe plays with 1-time former all star in pau gasol.
lamar has never made an all star team.

there were 3 current or former all stars on the hornets this year (paul, west, peja) and tyson is deserving of a backup nod.

the hornets have a good team and were healthy all year.

kobe started the season with the team in disarray and no gasol. he fought through not only his own, but injuries to teammates, and helped the lakers to finish #1 in the tough western conference and the BEST RECORD AGAINST ELITE TEAMS amongst the top 8.

why is it really that questionable for him to get the mvp? he definitely deserved it.. got everybody involved, sacrificed his offense, upped his rebounds and assists, brought back that killer defense he's capable of. ppl always knock kobe's accomplishments.

pimp.gif

Kobe is not my favorite player but good for him for getting the MVP award.

...Since I'm at it, Kobe needs to stop copying Jordan's styles and moves. Kobe needs to be himself, I mean c'mon he's got the exact fade awayjumper just like Jordan. He shoots free throws just like Jordan, he does The Fist when he hits a buzzer beater just like Jordan and sad but it's true thathe also walks down the court just like Jordan.

Back
Top Bottom