Mature Topic: Can people born gay?

I always argue that people were born gay

You can't help the way you feel or who you like

Originally Posted by F A Y B A N

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

Originally Posted by F A Y B A N

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

ask 100 homosexuals if they chose to be homosexual and i am absolutely sure not a single one would say they chose to be gay.

That's the dumbest reasoning I've ever heard, plus it's besides the point. The question is whether the individual is born gay or is affected by subsequent external factors. This is a crude comparison, and I in no way intend to offend homosexuality, but are pedophiles, necrophiliacs, and those with other sexually abnormal traits born that way, do they choose that behavior, or is it a result of their upbringing, lifestyle? I don't think anyone knows the exact answers to any of these questions. Debate is fine and all, but don't act like people are idiots because they disagree with your opinion. None of the questions have been resolved, research is still being done to find answers.
what i say is dumb but comparing homosexuality to sexual deviants and criminals is a proper comparison? you my friend are ******ed. how is it beside the point to ask members of the population of concern the question? it's like asking white people about the struggles of growing up black

You know what I meant. Would you be happier if I listed podophilia and differentiated between those attracted to children and those who actually molest children? I clearly stated sexually abnormal traits, the ones I chose just happen to be well known ones.

And your second sentence doesn't even make sense.

"how is it beside the point to ask members of the population of concern the question? it's like asking white people about the struggles of growing up black"

If members of the population of concern in this post would be homosexuals, then wouldn't that equate to asking a black person about the struggles of growing up black? I'm lost.

You just jumped in the post acting like this is some cut and dry debate that isn't worth having when you weren't even on topic, just adding some random coment that didn't add to the post. And ironically, then in response to my thread you didnt even address my main point.
thats exactly what i meant. ask the people of concern the question rather than a message board full of prepubescent virgins that have a multitudeof biases. or do a pubmed, ovid, medscape search for any of the hundreds of peer reviewed scientifically supported articles on the matter

It's not a choice to be gay. It's a choice to be fabulous.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kim1

They don't choose to be gay, you can't help who you're attracted to
this. you can choose to live a gay lifestyle...but you can't choose to be gay. you can choose if you want to act on your attraction to thesame sex, but you can't choose who you're attracted to.

i never said to myself, i CHOOSE to be attracted to chicks. i just am attracted to them. its natural. im sure it's the same way for gay people.

its a combination of genetic, hormonal, and environmental influences. therefore it can't be a choice you either have it or you don't.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

this. you can choose to live a gay lifestyle...but you can't choose to be gay. you can choose if you want to act on your attraction to the same sex, but you can't choose who you're attracted to.

i never said to myself, i CHOOSE to be attracted to chicks. i just am attracted to them. its natural. im sure it's the same way for gay people.

agree

YES. people are born gay just like people are born ******ed. I personally think its the same thing. Ya know the wiring is all wrong.

I think it depends on the environment they live in and who they hang out with.I've never believed people are born gay.

Originally Posted by J23Diego

I think it depends on the environment they live in and who they hang out with.I've never believed people are born gay.

then how do you account for all those people in rural towns who have strict straight parents, never seen or met a gay dude, but desperately wants to kill hisdad and runn away to the village in NY. its not environmental stress or choice unless they are sexualy abused or something. Even then I still think thewiring is off

im in med school right now, and we discussed this recently. once certain hormones are set after your first few years of life, your sexual orientation doesntchange. so for most people, sexual orientationa it is determined at birth

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

this. you can choose to live a gay lifestyle...but you can't choose to be gay. you can choose if you want to act on your attraction to the same sex, but you can't choose who you're attracted to.

QFMFT.

It's not a choice man. When you had your first crush, did you ever decide whether or not you want to like girls or boys?

Originally Posted by datprepboivinc3

I Think Being gay Might not having proper parenting I.E: Single Mom, Dad Who Doesnt Not Care or Something Along Those Lines.
Huh?

I don't think the entire gay population is gay because of genetics or because of their environment. I really think it's a little bit of both.

Originally Posted by 18key

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Topic has been brought up a couple of times, but there is no way people are born gay. Its just not part of human nature, penis + vagina makes kids not p+p or v+v.

Its a personal choice.
No actually it's a chemical imbalance that leads to people becoming gay, but thanks for furthering the ignorance movement.
Hopefully that's big enough for people to see.

Well atleast you guys can see that they can't help being gay and it is natural but I wouldn't go as far as saying there's a CHEMICAL IMBALANCE.Scientists don't yet know the neurophysiochemical mechanisms that lead to someone being gay. I'm sure it hormonal and neurochemical in some way.....butlet's leave that till some further research is conducted.

The only scientific reasons I can give are based on genetics research that has been done, based on a molecular biological level and on familial inheritance.

Originally Posted by juggy4805

Originally Posted by datprepboivinc3

I Think Being gay Might not having proper parenting I.E: Single Mom, Dad Who Doesnt Not Care or Something Along Those Lines.
Say word? How might improper parenting lead to someone being gay? If single parent homes lead to gayness, wouldn't it make sense thatsocieties that have a high prevalence of single parent household would have a higher prevalence of homosexuality?

Basically what u said up there would essentially mean that homosexuality is more prevalent among black/ low income/socially disadvantaged groups. Is thistrue?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Most people think about homosexuality vs heterosexuality as being on a digital scale.. But the truth is it's probably analog.. So you may be born gay if you're far on the *#%* side.. But you could also "turn" gay thru choice and environment/events if you're somewhere mid-scale. I liken it to the 2 party system you guys have. Some are staunch Dems, some are hardcore Repubs, some can go both ways, and some moderates switch sides midway through.
I'm gonna summarize what you said right here by saying sexuality is a continuum. Human sexuality is not black and white.

Again I would replace the word choice with "attraction". The only people that have choice who they are attracted to are bisexuals.

A straight man/ straight man does NOT choose between men and women

Back
Top Bottom