I asked how much they'd give me if I traded one in

$30

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

you guys are knocking gamestop for the dumbest reasons. you guys are going in there with old games and expect to get half of what you put in it. like really? If a kid walks in the your place and wants to sell you uncharted 3 right now and get $20 for it, would you do it? especially since most people who are going to play it already have and already purchased it so you have a small chance of turnaround.

these guys are the worst

over here running PR for gamestop just to be different.

i bought nba 2k12.

played it five minutes

realized it was trash

took it to gamestop,

they offered me 25 bucks

this is the day after it came out

defend that, too, crumb

(put it on craigslist and ended up getting 45 for it the next day)

you have no business sense at all. how much are they supposed to buy the game for?
i swear you guys say they resell it for $50 or whatever and act like its a guarantee they sell it. but you just think they sell it that second to somebody dont you crumb

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Not gonna compare a one time event with a video game.  you can see a football game and have the chance to see something special in person that very few people could ever experience.  Im not going to argue a one time experience with a video game.

But i understand when people go in with madden 2012 the week before 2013 comes out and gamestop says um..we will give you 83 cents.  But you end up with 2 brand new releases they just happen to be opened with no recipt and they will be like "um hows $15 dollars".  And you will say oh but Skyrim came out yesterday? its right there on the shelves for 60 dollars and you sell the used version for $55.  I don't use gamestop trade it anymore, but i also buy 2 video games a year at this point (PES, 2K)
im just saying your spending money to entertain yourself and spend your time. $60 for 20+ hrs on a video game is not that bad compared to the 60+ dollars for a single sporting event ticket that lasts 3hrs. at the end of the day video games are over priced like everything else in the world but you still get the "most" for your money.

And who actually goes to gamestop the day after a release with out a receipt. if they are doing that then they deserve to be ripped off
roll.gif
Like curb said.  Some times you play a game and realize it sucks.....its opened and used now....i think we all can agree there are wayyyy better outlets to sell games then gamestop.

Football game to video games is apples to oranges.  human experience > virtual experience hard to monetize that
i love how when people can't defend their argument they say apples to oranges. when it clearly isn't

Originally Posted by Fresh Like Will

you guys are knocking gamestop for the dumbest reasons. you guys are going in there with old games and expect to get half of what you put in it. like really? If a kid walks in the your place and wants to sell you uncharted 3 right now and get $20 for it, would you do it? especially since most people who are going to play it already have and already purchased it so you have a small chance of turnaround.

It's mostly because they're taking your game for $8 and selling it for $40+. And if there is an alternative who is going to give you more for your game and give you cash. Why are people going to GameStop? That's all I said. But people will allow themselves to be ripped off over brand loyalty/brand recognition.
ok so its the peoples fault and not the company. if somebody offered you a DS pair of space jams for 100 you would just pass it up
roll.gif
come on they are running a business and succeeding.

Originally Posted by CurbYourEnthusiasm

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

They told me they'd sell me a 4GB USED Xbox for like 180

$30

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

these guys are the worst

i bought nba 2k12.

played it five minutes

realized it was trash

took it to gamestop,

they offered me 25 bucks

defend that, too, crumb

you have no business sense at all. how much are they supposed to buy the game for?
i swear you guys say they resell it for $50 or whatever and act like its a guarantee they sell it. but you just think they sell it that second to somebody dont you crumb

Its NBA 2k12 of course they gonna be able to resell it

TRADE-INS
13) This is a really harsh point to people. This is the source of more shouting and anger (and even threats) than any hot-title shortage ever. All of our trade-in values boil down to two factors; sellability and demand for that title.

The Gamestop trade-in business is based on on key tenet; we hardly turn down ANYTHING. For all the rage and screaming we take from people getting one dollar for years-old Madden games, you need to remember one key fact; we are taking in games that are often unlikely to EVER resell.

Most trade-ins we ever receive are not recent or desirable games. We take games in awful shape, without original cases, and that are years-old and so saturated that they will never, ever sell. Every gamestop is drowning in used Madden NFL 2001-2007's as we speak. Old sports titles have no resale value, and we offer a small amount for them with the understand that we will probably never make that back on its sale. The point here is, simply, that there is no sense in decrying Gamestop's trade-in values for games that you are unlikely to sell anywhere else.

Not all trade-ins are like this, however. Games in high demand are, appropriately, worth much more. This doesn't just mean RECENT games like Bioshock and Halo 3. Super Smash Bros for the Gamecube is still trading in for fifteen dollars at the time of this writing; much more than any other Gamecube game. Games or items we are likely to resell are worth far more than ones that are incomplete, in poor shape, unpopular, or overly plentiful. Always bear this in mind. Some tips for trading in;

14) Many Gamestops don't take DVDs any more, and the company as a whole is phasing them out. DVDs are worth very little and you shouldn't bother.

15) Used accessories are split into two values; one for the official first-party versions (Sony, Nintendo, etc official controllers and parts) and one for off-brand models. First-party accessories and parts are always worth much more; they are generally higher quality, always more compatible and faster to sell. Some name-brand controllers are worth up to twice as much trade-in value as their off-brand counterparts.

16) Sports games come out annually and decline in value instantly. Never count on a good value from them.

17) Outdated consoles are traded in every day. Almost every gamestop literally has fifty or more used Xboxes and Gamecubes in stock at any time. They do not sell and we get one at least every day, so they are worth very little. The new slim PSP is in much higher demand than the original, and so the trade-in value on the old model has since dropped. If you want the hot new version of anything, trade in as far before its release as you can stand so you can get the peak value.

18) We can't simply 'trade' one game for another in stock. I know it sounds silly, but its a very very common misconception from children to adults that we simply swap one for another of your choosing. It simply can't work that way.

19) Don't be afraid to sell things on your own! The going resell rates for any current games or accessories online is usually close to what we resell for. If its a much newer title and you don't mind listing and shipping it, you could make a small handful more selling it online yourself. Ebay and Amazon.com are obvious choices, but you may find other outlets that work for you.

20) Most importantly, take good care of your games! We simply can't take mangled games, and games with some damage or no cases generally aren't worth as much because they either need repairs or will be unlikely to sell without case/manual. I'm always grateful to anyone who brings in a trade of good products in good condition, because it always nets them more value and is better for the store all around.

thought i would post this from an article i just read and here is the source http://consumerist.com/20...op-shift-supervisor.html
CurbYourEnthusiasm and kramer should pay attention to number 16

Gamestop is the reason I have a bunch of SNES, PS, N64, PSP, and Gamecube games in a box. I figure 30-40 more years from now some of them will be classic status and worth a few grand.

Haven't been in a Gamestop in years. I'd rather go to a Bestbuy or some other store and play one of those games for a few minutes.

I never understood why people #*!@% about things like this. THEY'RE A %%##@%% BUSINESS.

They've never done me wrong. I usually trade in with Amazon simply because it's a better "business" decision but I return stuff at Gamestop occasionally. Got over 30 for MW3 in December. Got 30 for Madden 12 in November which I only payed 24 for (EA hook up)
pimp.gif

If you don't like it take your business elsewhere.

Originally Posted by Retro707

I have a EA hook up, and I get free games and multiple copies of each.  I used to deal with gamecrazy inside of the hollywood videos.  They would give me 35$ for a 60$ brand new game and would take multiple of the same.  Gamestop would give me 20$ and only takes one game, per console, per day if it's the same title.  Gamecrazy went out of business in my area but they definitely helped with my holiday shopping
pimp.gif
.  I traded in like 15 copies of Dragon Age and cashed them out
roll.gif
  I had to go back the next day to get the rest of my cash.  I kept seeing them get flooded with certain titles, most of which I brought.  
laugh.gif
  Dudes closed down, and eventually had all those games for like 10$.  BTW if anyone is looking for EA games, let me know!  I'am sitting on 10 copies of battlefield limited editions for ps3 and 360 brand new sealed
grin.gif

anyways, Gamestop is weeeeeak

-UNDFT-
hook it up with a PS3 copy
nerd.gif

and gamestop is unappreciated however i was able to trade in a ps3 with the blu ray player broken (can't read games) and a towel tricked RROD 360 for $185 in store credit (promo where they were giving out extra $50 per system in store credit) which i turned around and used on the PS3 bundle with 2 games on black friday for $199. ending up getting a brand new ps3 and two games sealed that i could probably resell for around $45 in exchange for two broken systems and $15.

I don't entirely fault Gamestop for their used game model, because it has to be the way it is to be profitable, but the new game in an open box bull is over the line.

I bought Tourist Trophy on PS2 and decided after a day it sucked. Went to Gamestop to trade it in and dude said $15. I took it, then waited until he was busy, put an Xbox 360 controller in my bag and walked out the door. There didn't use to be choices. Now there is Best Buy, Amazon, etc. and if you still use Gamestop its your own fault.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

They told me they'd sell me a 4GB USED Xbox for like 180

$30

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

these guys are the worst

i bought nba 2k12.

played it five minutes

realized it was trash

took it to gamestop,

they offered me 25 bucks

defend that, too, crumb

roll.gif

how much you make a year to run PR for gamestop, b?

they offer you 20 dollars for a 2 day old game they sell for 55 that  i can and do sell on craigslist for 45 that same day

you're beyond salty

roll.gif

only reason theyre still open is the non-gamer will go there first to buy things for the gamer

example my last two games (fifa and skyrim) were bought by my girlfriend.....at gamestop.

i buy all my games and game accessories on craigslist....for less than half price...always.

but keep up that PR career you got going....

roll.gif

It's mostly because they're taking your game for $8 and selling it for $40+. And if there is an alternative who is going to give you more for your game and give you cash. Why are people going to GameStop? That's all I said. But people will allow themselves to be ripped off over brand loyalty/brand recognition.
ok so its the peoples fault and not the company. if somebody offered you a DS pair of space jams for 100 you would just pass it up
roll.gif

yet imma go out on a limb and say you cry about prices at flight club, tho

*waits for him to disagree just because i said it*

LMAO HES DEFENDING GAMESTOP TO MULTIPLE PEOPLE

roll.gif

Most trade-ins we ever receive are not recent or desirable games. We take games in awful shape, without original cases, and that are years-old and so saturated that they will never, ever sell. Every gamestop is drowning in used Madden NFL 2001-2007's as we speak. Old sports titles have no resale value, and we offer a small amount for them with the understand that we will probably never make that back on its sale. The point here is, simply, that there is no sense in decrying Gamestop's trade-in values for games that you are unlikely to sell anywhere else.

Not all trade-ins are like this, however. Games in high demand are, appropriately, worth much more. This doesn't just mean RECENT games like Bioshock and Halo 3. Super Smash Bros for the Gamecube is still trading in for fifteen dollars at the time of this writing; much more than any other Gamecube game. Games or items we are likely to resell are worth far more than ones that are incomplete, in poor shape, unpopular, or overly plentiful. Always bear this in mind. Some tips for trading in;
again, you're not even addressing the complaints

the complaint is, if i bring in a HIGH DEMAND, HIGH-VALUE-RETAINING game like, say way of the samurai 3...which, you guys are still selling for 30 dollars....and its 20 bucks on digital download....but thats besides the point...its almost 2 years old, and you guys still sell it for 30.....im gonna guess you give about 4.50 on trade in value, huh?

roll.gif

you keep saying "we take undesirable games"

2k11 two days after it comes out isnt a "undesirable" game

roll.gif

FIFA 11 remaining full price, even used copies (that dont even come with the EA pass to play online) remaining 50 bucks until the week of FIFA 12s release is undefendable.

you cant defend it

trying will make you look ridiculous.

i love how you make a complaint and dudes argue with points they created in their imagination just to have something to argue

nobody is in here crying about the trade in value of last years madden

laugh.gif

THEN HE POSTS THIS, PROBABLY FROM THEIR EMPLOYEE WEBSITE

Don't be afraid to sell things on your own! The going resell rates for any current games or accessories online is usually close to what we resell for. If its a much newer title and you don't mind listing and shipping it, you could make a small handful more selling it online yourself.

HEY EVERYBODY LOOK HOW GREAT OUR TRADE-IN PROGRAM IS!

WE'RE ADVISING YOU TO SELL THE THINGS YOURSELF...YOU COULD MAKE MORE

THE EXACT SAME CRITICISM OUR ******ED EMPLOYEES DEFEND LIKE THEIR MOTHER'S REPUTATION

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

"their trade in program is awful, you can do better on craigslist yourself"

"NO, YOURE DUMB. READ THIS ARTICLE THAT SAYS OUR TRADE IN PROGRAM IS AWFUL AND YOU COULD DO BETTER ON YOUR OWN"

roll.gif

roll.gif

right.

im not sure if you didnt read "the day after the game came out" or if you're just slow...or what

they dont hold value to the customer, but they hold value to gamestop?

25 for me, 55 for yall?

roll.gif

not in 2013.....

two days after it came out in 2011.

roll.gif

ITS 40 DOLLARS NOW, THEY WERE SELLING IT USED FOR 50 FOR ALMOST A MONTH SINCE THE PRICE DROPPED TO 40

ive been in gamestops before where the brand new copy is 10 dollars less than the used price......because the system hasnt corrected the used price yet

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

DEFEND THAT TOO

roll.gif

these guys are the worst

i bought nba 2k12.

played it five minutes

realized it was trash

took it to gamestop,

they offered me 25 bucks

defend that, too, crumb

roll.gif

how much you make a year to run PR for gamestop, b?

they offer you 20 dollars for a 2 day old game they sell for 55 that  i can and do sell on craigslist for 45 that same day

you're beyond salty

roll.gif

only reason theyre still open is the non-gamer will go there first to buy things for the gamer

example my last two games (fifa and skyrim) were bought by my girlfriend.....at gamestop.

i buy all my games and game accessories on craigslist....for less than half price...always.

but keep up that PR career you got going....

roll.gif

roll.gif

yet imma go out on a limb and say you cry about prices at flight club, tho

*waits for him to disagree just because i said it*

LMAO HES DEFENDING GAMESTOP TO MULTIPLE PEOPLE

roll.gif

again, you're not even addressing the complaints

the complaint is, if i bring in a HIGH DEMAND, HIGH-VALUE-RETAINING game like, say way of the samurai 3...which, you guys are still selling for 30 dollars....and its 20 bucks on digital download....but thats besides the point...its almost 2 years old, and you guys still sell it for 30.....im gonna guess you give about 4.50 on trade in value, huh?

roll.gif

you keep saying "we take undesirable games"

2k11 two days after it comes out isnt a "undesirable" game

roll.gif

FIFA 11 remaining full price, even used copies (that dont even come with the EA pass to play online) remaining 50 bucks until the week of FIFA 12s release is undefendable.

you cant defend it

trying will make you look ridiculous.

i love how you make a complaint and dudes argue with points they created in their imagination just to have something to argue

nobody is in here crying about the trade in value of last years madden

laugh.gif

THEN HE POSTS THIS, PROBABLY FROM THEIR EMPLOYEE WEBSITE

Don't be afraid to sell things on your own! The going resell rates for any current games or accessories online is usually close to what we resell for. If its a much newer title and you don't mind listing and shipping it, you could make a small handful more selling it online yourself.

HEY EVERYBODY LOOK HOW GREAT OUR TRADE-IN PROGRAM IS!

WE'RE ADVISING YOU TO SELL THE THINGS YOURSELF...YOU COULD MAKE MORE

THE EXACT SAME CRITICISM OUR ******ED EMPLOYEES DEFEND LIKE THEIR MOTHER'S REPUTATION

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

"their trade in program is awful, you can do better on craigslist yourself"

"NO, YOURE DUMB. READ THIS ARTICLE THAT SAYS OUR TRADE IN PROGRAM IS AWFUL AND YOU COULD DO BETTER ON YOUR OWN"

roll.gif

roll.gif

right.

im not sure if you didnt read "the day after the game came out" or if you're just slow...or what

they dont hold value to the customer, but they hold value to gamestop?

25 for me, 55 for yall?

roll.gif

not in 2013.....

two days after it came out in 2011.

roll.gif

ITS 40 DOLLARS NOW, THEY WERE SELLING IT USED FOR 50 FOR ALMOST A MONTH SINCE THE PRICE DROPPED TO 40

ive been in gamestops before where the brand new copy is 10 dollars less than the used price......because the system hasnt corrected the used price yet

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

DEFEND THAT TOO

66d16d44c6b8cd37370ce4ea804a45db73d2403a.gif

only non gamers shop there
roll.gif
roll.gif
kill your self
i will take this PR position and you can stay getting kicked in the balls
I have never shopped at flight club. not that serious about shoes bruh. i buy when they release and if i miss out oh well
was i only supposed to defend gamestop to you
i swear you cant comprehend supply and demand when you talk about samurai 3 and only getting $5 when its multiple years old
and gamestop waits a week or two after the release to sell the games used. so after that time yes most games are not high demand because the hipsters like you have to have them release day
yeah bruh you obviously can't read the source i posted definatly nothing was from a employee site

you are such a closed minded moron you will never see the points i make. you probably expect the government to give you bail out money and voted obama because your friends did. look outside of your closed minded head and learn a high school level on business.
It costs a damn pizza joint around 30 cents to make your large pizza that they sell you for $17. why don't you complain about that but raping your taking.
Im sure when you step outside of your mothers basement and support yourself you will realize every thing you post proves you have no knowledge of the subject other than your mad bro

years ago i would sell games there all the time. got a good amount of money too.

my final straw was when devil may cry 4 came out. paid 60 for it. 64.19 with tax. beat it in 2 days and wanted to sell it back. the employee said 20 dollars.
30t6p3b.gif
right out the store

roll.gif

I wouldn't pass that up. Of course not. What are you even getting at? And how did you even get that from what I posted? How is (impossibly) finding a deadstock pair of Space Jams for $100 even relatable or relevant to what I posted?

If anything, trading in at GameStop is the equivalent of paying MORE for sneakers. You get a smaller return. And it's a gift card or store credit, which isn't enough to buy anything in the store so you have to spend your own money so that store credit doesn't go to waste. I understand it's a business. Never once did I not. I didn't say anything was anyone's "fault." I'm just talking about consumers who don't know any better who will allow themselves to be short changed over brand recognition and brand loyalty. Who doesn't like to get more return? And cash that you can spend anywhere?

And I'm not talking about PS2 games, sports games, or PS3 games that released 5 years ago. I was going to trade in GTA IV soon after it released. (Didn't really like the game.) Called up EB Games (GameStop owned/equivalent in Canada) and wasn't sure if I wanted what they offered for this $69.99 (games in Canada are expensive, after tax it's closer to $80) game I recently bought that they sell for like $5-10 under retail used. And they were telling me they only give store credit/gift cards. I saw a flyer in the mail from Future Shop. Never knew they did trade-in's, and they offered me like $15 more than EB in CASH.

We know GameStop is a business and looking out for their best interest. Consumers could do the same though. I don't know what your rolling smiley is about. How are you laughing at someone selling DS Space Jams for a price that low and promoting/defending (or whatever you're doing) someone trade-in the games for lower prices too. If you have DS Space Jams, you're going to sell them for as much as you can get. Why not trade in your game where you'll get more money? And just like sneakers, you can't expect to be able to fetch a lot of, or as much money for a missing case (box), scratched disc (scuffs, yellowing, beat up, etc.), or less a desirable game (old team Jordan's). But if you have a desirable game. Get the most you can.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

So, any suggestions on where I should sell my games? I'm tryna get more than $5 for them.
amazon, best buy, or sell them yourself.

Used to buy a used game, play it for 6 days and return it for another used game before the week return period was up. Repeated like 10 times before they told me to chill.

Being my lil rascal self I told the guy at the counter "uh-uh buddy, you gotta let me cuz thats how corporate works" and then yelled "see you next week!" as I walked out the store
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom