NOT AS BAD AS GAMESTOP

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

Originally Posted by CurbYourEnthusiasm

only non gamers shop there
roll.gif
roll.gif
kill your self
i will take this PR position and you can stay getting kicked in the balls
I have never shopped at flight club. not that serious about shoes bruh. i buy when they release and if i miss out oh well
was i only supposed to defend gamestop to you
i swear you cant comprehend supply and demand when you talk about samurai 3 and only getting $5 when its multiple years old
and gamestop waits a week or two after the release to sell the games used. so after that time yes most games are not high demand because the hipsters like you have to have them release day
yeah bruh you obviously can't read the source i posted definatly nothing was from a employee site

you are such a closed minded moron you will never see the points i make. you probably expect the government to give you bail out money and voted obama because your friends did. look outside of your closed minded head and learn a high school level on business.
It costs a damn pizza joint around 30 cents to make your large pizza that they sell you for $17. why don't you complain about that but raping your taking.
Im sure when you step outside of your mothers basement and support yourself you will realize every thing you post proves you have no knowledge of the subject other than your mad bro
roll.gif

hes serious, too.

i swear you cant comprehend supply and demand when you talk about samurai 3 and only getting $5 when its multiple years old
and gamestop waits a week or two after the release to sell the games used. so after that time yes most games are not high demand because the hipsters like you have to have them release day
he says it like a.) it addresses my point at all, b.) its even reality

theyre STILL selling samurai 3 used for 30 dollars...that was my point, dork..."its multiple years old" LMAO

its 20 bucks on digital download on xbox live....LMAO

i told dude who worked there its 20 bucks from microsoft, he said "that sounds like a better deal than coming here"

roll.gif

AMAZING STORE

its multiple years old, i shouldnt expect more than 5 on a trade in, so why is it 10 dollars less than.....any game that came out before christmas? oh. you can buy MW3 used for 54.99 OR NBA 2k12 used for MORE THAN IT IS NEW (40 new 44 used, still) and then buy a 3 year old game for....30?

roll.gif

if their pricing followed any sort of complicated "supply and demand" chain, why in the world would they sell brand new copies of NBA2k12 for 39.99 and sell their used copies for 44.99?

roll.gif

THEY STILL SELL RED DEAD UNDEAD NIGHTMARE FOR 19.99! ITS 4.99 ON XBOX LIVE

roll.gif

most games are not in high demand? waits a week after release? you serious?

nba 2k12 was sitting on the self for 54.99 the day they offered me 20 bucks, 2 days after it came out...

see the funny thing is, we're saying "theyre terrible, which is why we dont shop there"

YOURE the ONLY one crying about some "LEAVE THEM ALONE, THEY ARE A BUSINESS, OBAMA OBAMA IM MAD"

roll.gif

last time i posted pics of where i live to a kid on twitter who was talking out of his $*%, he  responded "YOU DONT REALLY LIVE THERE. YOUR PARENTS LIVE THERE."

LMAO

It costs a damn pizza joint around 30 cents to make your large pizza that they sell you for $17. why don't you complain about that but raping your taking.
BUT IM THE ONE CRYING

roll.gif

30 cent pizzas!

LMAO

IM THE ONE WHO NEEDS TO GO TO SCHOOL FOR BUSINESS

NOT THE HIGH SCHOOL EDUCATED GAMESTOP EMPLOYEE

roll.gif

Only tried to trade a few games once when they were funcoland lol. But common sense told me I can get a lot more elsewhere

You do know that gamestop can not give you a lot of money for used games because those games could sit and more. They need to turn a profit on it, hasn't anyone been to a pawn shop? Consoles aren't selling like they used too because everyone who wanted one has one by now so they cant give you 50% of the its brand new value.

The mark ups are higher then online sites because their cost are higher
Employees
Brick and motar stores

hence all this criticism is valid.

when you come in to defend the store you validate all our criticism.

you know that, right?

please say yes.

"you know, they give you !*!@%% prices because they cant give you not !*!@%% prices"

"you can make more off used games on craigslist"

LMAO

you acting like it matters if its "their fault" or not

LMAO

ITS A BUSINESS

There's nothing to discuss. Gamestop has been ripping people off for YEARS.

The bigger picture is the millions of dollars game companies are losing through this "buy/sell used games program". They don't see a dime.

Either way gamestop is not going to exist in 5 years. Brick and mortar game stores are going to be as ancient as an NES. Digital downloads are going to be the norm with Steam growing at a unreal rate and most games breaking Steam sales records.

exactly.

then these PR dudes will be out of a job that pays nothing.

LMAO

yo, alex, you got a promo for steam? thats the free jawn, right?

my dude was trynna get me one but his link was dead

just like i said, the game is 4.99 online download and 19.99 in the store

what a joke.

I hate Gamestop. That place was so great... when I was 12 and didn't know anything about video games.

When I bought MW2, I looked around at prices online. Gamestop still selling it for $55 when almost EVERY other retailer, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Amazon had it for like $30. Not to mention their trade in policy is dumb as hell. So you're going to sell a used Xbox 360 for $180 when you buy them for less than $50?

That entire store is junk. Stick to Amazon.

Of course, I'm not bashing on their policies. They have every right to rip people off, it's a business. There's a reason why they're still doing it. Because people are dumb enough to give them business. Can't hate on them for taking advantage of people who don't know any better, I'm sure we'd all do the same.

Originally Posted by scshift

Can't hate on them for taking advantage of people who don't know any better,

roll.gif

ITS THE AMERICAN WAY

eyes.gif

Gamestop still selling it for $55 when almost EVERY other retailer, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Amazon had it for like $30.

omg bro, but you buy pizza for 17 that costs 30 cents to make

laugh.gif

i remember my dad bought me a neo geo gold system with king of the fighters 95 and art of fighting 2 and world heroes perfect. he paid like a g n change 
sick.gif
i played it for like 2 months and then decided what i can get for it so i went to funcoland on queens blvd which is now gamestop. a dude in there was like ill give u 75 for the system and 25 for each game lulz. i was like my dude each game at that time went for like 500 bucks smh thieves

Originally Posted by scshift

Can't hate on them for taking advantage of people who don't know any better,

roll.gif

ITS THE AMERICAN WAY

eyes.gif

Gamestop still selling it for $55 when almost EVERY other retailer, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, Amazon had it for like $30.

omg bro, but you buy pizza for 17 that costs 30 cents to make

laugh.gif

Seriously. Like yeah, I'll buy a $17 pizza. Not the $35 one that Gamestop sells
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This thread makes me realize how much I hate that place. I haven't set foot in their stores for over 5 years.

I know the people running the show there think they're economic masterminds cause they found people willing to trade in $60 games and get $10 in return just to have the copy thrown back on the shelf for $50, but that makes me mad. Like this ice cream place in my town which sells ice cream cones for like $4. People can just walk down the street and get a pint of Haagen Dazs for $2.50.

Sure, get your money. But that doesn't mean your place sucks
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

How can people even defend Gamestop. That place is grimy as hell and their prices absolutely suck
30t6p3b.gif

they want attention and they want to be different.

there is no defense.

you can MAKE a pizza for around 8 bucks....

the pizza spot definitely isnt doing *+$% with 30 cents

it was hyperbole to help his weak argument.

at least the pizza place is doing something for the difference we pay (i.e. making a pizza, bringing you the pizza)

whereas gamestop is just a hub.....LMAO that makes more than any other party involved LMAO for doing absolutely nothing

actually they do less than nothing because their employees are so obnoxious.

i mean, seriously, how is NBA2k12 40 bucks BRAND NEW and 44.99 USED, ever? (they do this with every sports game when the price first drops except fifa, which stays 55 dollars until the day the new one comes out)

LMAO

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

So, any suggestions on where I should sell my games? I'm tryna get more than $5 for them.
amazon, best buy, or sell them yourself.

I'm doing the trade-in program thru Amazon.....

I mean, a lot of people in here complaining are just foolish.

Why would you drop $60 on a game that you can beat in < 2 days to begin with?

This is why you should just abuse their used game policy.

You can literally rent games for a week for free from GameStop.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

They told me they'd sell me a 4GB USED Xbox for like 180
I asked how much they'd give me if I traded one in

$30

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

i hope your joking about that trade in price

you know that, right?

please say yes.

"you know, they give you !*!@%% prices because they cant give you not !*!@%% prices"

LMAO

LMAO

ITS A BUSINESS
ok genius so they should go out of business so you can be happy and get great deals.

yall fools are dumb for tryna knock gamestops hustle. its not like your forced to sell games to them. stop hatin and take your business elsewhere...

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

They told me they'd sell me a 4GB USED Xbox for like 180
I asked how much they'd give me if I traded one in

$30

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

you guys are knocking gamestop for the dumbest reasons. you guys are going in there with old games and expect to get half of what you put in it. like really? If a kid walks in the your place and wants to sell you uncharted 3 right now and get $20 for it, would you do it? especially since most people who are going to play it already have and already purchased it so you have a small chance of turnaround.

these guys are the worst

over here running PR for gamestop just to be different.

i bought nba 2k12.

played it five minutes

realized it was trash

took it to gamestop,

they offered me 25 bucks

this is the day after it came out

defend that, too, crumb

(put it on craigslist and ended up getting 45 for it the next day)

LOL Its not gamestops fault YOU dont like the game

you know that, right?

please say yes.

LMAO

LMAO

ITS A BUSINESS
ok genius so they should go out of business so you can be happy and get great deals.

roll.gif

thank you for realizing my genius

Originally Posted by notoriousPAT

i bought nba 2k12.

played it five minutes

realized it was trash

took it to gamestop,

they offered me 25 bucks

defend that, too, crumb

yeah, that's the problem, me not liking the game.

roll.gif

you'd think the reading comprehension on a message board would be higher

laugh.gif

i bought nba 2k12.

played it five minutes

realized it was trash

took it to gamestop,

they offered me 25 bucks

defend that, too, crumb

roll.gif

laugh.gif

....i dont get it though? i mean, ive seen you ridicule and mock certain companies and business models for the way they do business. you place the blame on them in a fashion that basically calls it unfair or taking advantage. well, when is the consumer held responsible to make a more educated choice in who they do and dont do business with?

....these places are in buisness and continue to do business for a reason.

"yeah, that's the problem, me not liking the game."

^ yeah, thats exactly the problem. actually better yet, the specific problem is "me not liking the game, taking it to gamestop and expecting them to pay me what i want for my game"
ohwell.gif

......for example i HATE those predatory lending places you see in urban communities. but im not mad one bit at those making money off it. why? because people need to educate themselves on economics as to make better financial choices.

.....i HATE Gamestop too. so you know what i did? I STOPPED GOING TO GAMESTOP. simple.........SIM-ple. if those who feel the same act like it, places like these wouldnt last long at all.

a motto of mine always has been SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND VOTE WITH YOUR DOLLARS!  <-- it really does work.

i bought nba 2k12.

played it five minutes

realized it was trash

took it to gamestop,

they offered me 25 bucks

defend that, too, crumb

^ and this is another part of the problem. buying games brand new the day they come out. isnt GameFly a cheaper alternative?

...with so much going on in everyday life, (i try) but i have a hard time finding time to game. for this, i never buy games brand new or on release day no matter how bad i want to play it. it just really is NOT that serious to me. but if it was, id sure try and find a cheaper alternative to get my fix thats for sure.

...and if i chose NOT to find a cheaper alternative, it surely wouldnt be the fault of Gamestop?
roll.gif

....and you walking around here calling people crumbs? 

0c82557e4c6c4d134b26c42abddaad80947cbef.jpg

...stop it.

The only beef I have with the Gamestops around my way is that the stores are always trashed beyond all recognition. Hard for me to go in and just browse around for anything good. As well as that they always seem so under staffed or the staff just is slow. I don't really trade anything in unless there is like a bonus trade in towards a game, and that's if I'm just too lazy to sell the game privately.

yawn. you're too eager to flex on niketalk, b.

the post is a "i dont like gamestop" post.

posting reasons why you dont like gamestop is the entire reason for the post.

its not "hey, all this criticism of gamestop is unfair!" post, is it?

LMAO @ you saying things you dont mean to strengthen your argument.

you're not mad at predetory check cashing places?

right.

LMAO

this is the dude who rants about BET

LMAO

i dont shop there.....i said that my first post. you were so eager to tell me to not shop there you didnt realize that i dont shop there.

yeah, im calling dudes crumbs for coming to the defense of something thats not defendable.

LMAO yes, the problem is i dont like the game. you got it.

LMAO

"isnt gamefly a cheaper alternative"

LMAO

again, making my argument that much stronger, that gamestop is a joke....an online startup thats a spinoff of a blockbuster idea + netflix is an infinitely better option than walking into gamestop....thank you for agreeing with us, in this post, even though you think you dont.

even people in defense of gamestop say "dont shop there, its a ripoff"

LMAO

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BUYING GAMES THE DAY THEY COME OUT IS A PROBLEM IN THE VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY?

LMAOOOOOOOO

i am the one who needs to stop it tho?

LMAO

because YOU have too much going on to get games when they come out, somehow MY decision to buy games the day they come out is wrong?

LMAO

im supposed to wait a couple weeks cause its not that serious to you? because you're busy?

LMAO

again, they offered me 25 for a 2 day old game they sold for 55 used the very second they were offering me 25 for it.

i sold my copy on craigslist for 50....cash.

but dont let me talk about that, cause they're a business and its my fault they operate in a fashion which loses customers for them

okay.

yawn

like alex said, gamestop will be bankrupt in 3 years anyway

LMAO

on another note, i found an indie game store in columbus. met the owner. cool dude. i will be supporting him.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

roll.gif

laugh.gif

....i dont get it though? i mean, ive seen you ridicule and mock certain companies and business models for the way they do business. you place the blame on them in a fashion that basically calls it unfair or taking advantage. well, when is the consumer held responsible to make a more educated choice in who they do and dont do business with?

....these places are in buisness and continue to do business for a reason.

"yeah, that's the problem, me not liking the game."

^ yeah, thats exactly the problem. actually better yet, the specific problem is "me not liking the game, taking it to gamestop and expecting them to pay me what i want for my game"
ohwell.gif

......for example i HATE those predatory lending places you see in urban communities. but im not mad one bit at those making money off it. why? because people need to educate themselves on economics as to make better financial choices.

.....i HATE Gamestop too. so you know what i did? I STOPPED GOING TO GAMESTOP. simple.........SIM-ple. if those who feel the same act like it, places like these wouldnt last long at all.

a motto of mine always has been SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND VOTE WITH YOUR DOLLARS!  <-- it really does work.

i bought nba 2k12.

played it five minutes

realized it was trash

took it to gamestop,

they offered me 25 bucks

defend that, too, crumb

^ and this is another part of the problem. buying games brand new the day they come out. isnt GameFly a cheaper alternative?

...with so much going on in everyday life, (i try) but i have a hard time finding time to game. for this, i never buy games brand new or on release day no matter how bad i want to play it. it just really is NOT that serious to me. but if it was, id sure try and find a cheaper alternative to get my fix thats for sure.

...and if i chose NOT to find a cheaper alternative, it surely wouldnt be the fault of Gamestop?
roll.gif

....and you walking around here calling people crumbs? 

0c82557e4c6c4d134b26c42abddaad80947cbef.jpg

...stop it.

I currently use GF and pay like $20 a month for a couple of games during the months where I actually play my system like now with 2K12.  I got a family member that swears by Gamestop and he's constantly trading games with coupons and gettin a decent buck for them.

you know that, right?

please say yes.

LMAO

LMAO

ITS A BUSINESS

roll.gif

thank you for realizing my genius
good reply bro good one
indifferent.gif

lmao @ what do you expect

i dont expect them to give me 20 bucks for a brand new game the week of release that theyre still selling for 55.99 when the msrp is 59.99 brand new.

....you really do need to learn some business sense to go along with all of these wonderful ideas you have about how businesses should work in your favor all the time.

roll.gif
  @  "i dont expect them to". well, thats YOUR problem.

anyone with any business sense would understand Gamestop has bills to pay, like any other business.

THAT MEANS, one should expect to recieve the absolute minimum for traded in games so the company can make the most profit. its how most businesses do business.

is it fair? no.

do we like it? no.

...but that doenst mean we should expect more.

yawn. you're too eager to flex on niketalk, b.
eek.gif
   real life?

LMAO @ you saying things you dont mean to strengthen your argument.

you're not mad at predetory check cashing places?

right.

LMAO

this is the dude who rants about BET

....i have a problem with BET and that somehow means im not supposed to like payday cash places?

laugh.gif
 @ "saying things i dont mean"

...dude, you have NO IDEA what i mean when it comes to BET which is why you keep bringing it up.

LMAO

i dont shop there.....i said that my first post. you were so eager to tell me to not shop there you didnt realize that i dont shop there.

yeah, im calling dudes crumbs for coming to the defense of something thats not defendable.
.....and thats your classic egotistical personality. i was never telling YOU to not shop there. i was saying not shopping there is the solution....for YOU or anyone else.

LMAO

"isnt gamefly a cheaper alternative"

LMAO

again, making my argument that much stronger, that gamestop is a joke....an online startup thats a spinoff of a blockbuster idea + netflix is an infinitely better option than walking into gamestop....thank you for agreeing with us, in this post, even though you think you dont.

even people in defense of gamestop say "dont shop there, its a ripoff"

LMAO

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

roll.gif
  @  'your argument'. no one in here is claiming doing business with Gamestop is a fair deal or even a bargain, so who are you arguing with exactly.  thats right, yourself as always (since you have a habit of not listening)

LMAO

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BUYING GAMES THE DAY THEY COME OUT IS A PROBLEM IN THE VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY?

LMAOOOOOOOO

i am the one who needs to stop it tho?

LMAO

......there's that point again, flying right over Curb's head, see it?

......*CORRECTION*: BUYING GAMES THE DAY THEY COME OUT, THEN TRYING TO RETURN THEM TO GAMESTOP THE NEXT DAY EXPECTING FAIR MARKET VALUE IS A PROBLEM IN THE VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY.

...and you have the NERVE to accuse another of having comprehension issues
laugh.gif

LMAO

because YOU have too much going on to get games when they come out, somehow MY decision to buy games the day they come out is wrong?

LMAO

im supposed to wait a couple weeks cause its not that serious to you? because you're busy?

LMAO

again, they offered me 25 for a 2 day old game they sold for 55 used the very second they were offering me 25 for it.

i sold my copy on craigslist for 50....cash.

but dont let me talk about that, cause they're a business and its my fault they operate in a fashion which loses customers for them

okay.

no one is calling your choice of buying games when they come out wrong....

no one is telling you to wait 2 weeks.....

these are just choices available to YOU since you're complaining.

...what WE ARE saying is its foolish to buy a game on release day, try to trade it in the next day, and expect anything more than the offer you recieve......from a national chain that has bills to pay.

roll.gif
  @  "loses customers for them". yeah, i guess thats why they've been in business for so long huh?

business sense bruh....get some.

on another note, i found an indie game store in columbus. met the owner. cool dude. i will be supporting him.

...see, there you go, you found an alternative, and you're choosing to support it instead of compaining about it on a messageboard....thats the spirit, thats voting with your dollars.

^ if more people did that Gamestop would have BEEN out of business. Gamestop aint going NO WHERE because people complain but still shop there.....

Originally Posted by Retro707

I have a EA hook up, and I get free games and multiple copies of each.  I used to deal with gamecrazy inside of the hollywood videos.  They would give me 35$ for a 60$ brand new game and would take multiple of the same.  Gamestop would give me 20$ and only takes one game, per console, per day if it's the same title.  Gamecrazy went out of business in my area but they definitely helped with my holiday shopping
pimp.gif
.  I traded in like 15 copies of Dragon Age and cashed them out
roll.gif
  I had to go back the next day to get the rest of my cash.  I kept seeing them get flooded with certain titles, most of which I brought.  
laugh.gif
  Dudes closed down, and eventually had all those games for like 10$.  BTW if anyone is looking for EA games, let me know!  I'am sitting on 10 copies of battlefield limited editions for ps3 and 360 brand new sealed
grin.gif

anyways, Gamestop is weeeeeak

-UNDFT-

Yo, still got any games? Im looking for a FIFA 12 online code...hook me up

Back
Top Bottom