NT I Need Your Help...Car Accident

So pretty much I was in an accident on my birthday. I wasn't even out of the house for 5 mins when I was rearended (pause) WHILE WAITING AT A STOP SIGN. Iended up hitting the car that was in front of me and I sustained pretty much the only damage in the accident. So I go to various body shops around town to getquotes and they're all telling me that the car is totaled, but honestly in my opinion the damage is minor. Sure the hood is dented up and the bumpers aretoo, but the car runs fine and everything. The guy who hit me was a 18 year old, and his dad wants to handle things without getting his insurance companyinvolved (he says his cousin has a body shop that could fix my car), however these quote #'s are looking very good for a recent college graduate in arecession. SO my question to you guys is: Should I report it to the insurance company and get all the money I can, or should I just try to get the car fixedand leave it at that?

Cliff Notes:
Got in an accident
Not my fault
Guy offers to fix car through private body shop
I go get quotes and they're $$$$
I need $$$$
Should I let him fix the car or get the $$$$?

insurance!! u cant really put that much trust into someone you hardly know as sad as that is.

Like everyone else said, go through the insurance company. It could possibly be totalled. Hoods, and bumpers are expensive to replace. If you take it to hiscousin, he will most likely take the cheapest route to get your car to how it was.

I think you're already %$%* out of luck.
Still better to report now but it will turn into a he said she said. Should've called the cops and obtained an accident report if the damage requiredrepair in a body shop.

they're all telling me that the car is totaled,
what exactly are the damages.
not what you THINK are the damages

if the body shops are telling you the car is totalled...if you go through insurance... most likely they will total it.
and you'll be out of a car

Back
Top Bottom