NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Originally Posted by JimiLebowski

Pliny the elder 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Best beer I've ever had

Someone here mentioned many pages back, Home brew.. Initially, it seems like a total uphill battle and daunting to no end, but a good friend of mine got some equipment, we found a local brew shop with ingridients, and 5 batches later, we are producing some above average stuff. One book (complete joys of home brewing) and many you tube videos later, we feel we have a solid grasp on the ale portion of beer making. I say it's daunting because you have all these websites and books talking about lace, carbonation, head, aroma, color, taste, and texture. Then you have different methods of brewing and the true chemistry compositional side of things. It can really throw you off. Some just want beer without much to do. I dont want to say we don't want quality, but at this point, we aren't too deep into it. Yet we are getting quality results with little to no time to learn.

Looking back, it's crazy how small of a niche home brewing still is. If only people knew how easy and over time, how cheap it is to produce quality beer, we would have a nation of beer experts.

Any maybe it's region based, do not under estimate local breweries.. Many give out free tours and free tasting. Some are still so small on that micro level, that any sort of attention their way, they are more than happy to go all out for you.

Someone here mentioned many pages back, Home brew.. Initially, it seems like a total uphill battle and daunting to no end, but a good friend of mine got some equipment, we found a local brew shop with ingridients, and 5 batches later, we are producing some above average stuff. One book (complete joys of home brewing) and many you tube videos later, we feel we have a solid grasp on the ale portion of beer making. I say it's daunting because you have all these websites and books talking about lace, carbonation, head, aroma, color, taste, and texture. Then you have different methods of brewing and the true chemistry compositional side of things. It can really throw you off. Some just want beer without much to do. I dont want to say we don't want quality, but at this point, we aren't too deep into it. Yet we are getting quality results with little to no time to learn.

Looking back, it's crazy how small of a niche home brewing still is. If only people knew how easy and over time, how cheap it is to produce quality beer, we would have a nation of beer experts.

Any maybe it's region based, do not under estimate local breweries.. Many give out free tours and free tasting. Some are still so small on that micro level, that any sort of attention their way, they are more than happy to go all out for you.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

I've homebrewed a few times but want to get into it more

You got any sites/blogs/etc that I could look into?

I've homebrewed a few times but want to get into it more

You got any sites/blogs/etc that I could look into?

How much cheaper would you say is it than buying a six pack of good beer for like 10 bucks? Annually?

Sorry for the questions but Ive always wanted to do it, just didnt know if it was worth the trouble, time, and money.

How much cheaper would you say is it than buying a six pack of good beer for like 10 bucks? Annually?

Sorry for the questions but Ive always wanted to do it, just didnt know if it was worth the trouble, time, and money.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Much thanks to the dude who posted up about the BREWSTER APP

I been on a IPA fix the last year or so, but I have difficulties keeping track of the ones I tried and liked and didnt like. Hopefully this app will keep me from ordering the ones I didnt care for.

Hell yea man. Ive been on this thing all day at work hahaha. I often forget which beer ive had and havent had. Especially seasonals. Unless it was just blow my socks off amazing I found it hard to keep track.

Originally Posted by troublebound666

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

Ive always wanted to try this. What effect does the aging process have on beer? Is it different depending on the style of beer?  
Aging will change the flavors of the beer, and it is different depending on the style.

This will explain it far better than I can: http://blog.beeriety.com/2009/07/13/an-introduction-to-aging-beer/

pimp.gif
 Thanks man. I'll read up on this tonight.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Much thanks to the dude who posted up about the BREWSTER APP

I been on a IPA fix the last year or so, but I have difficulties keeping track of the ones I tried and liked and didnt like. Hopefully this app will keep me from ordering the ones I didnt care for.

Hell yea man. Ive been on this thing all day at work hahaha. I often forget which beer ive had and havent had. Especially seasonals. Unless it was just blow my socks off amazing I found it hard to keep track.

Originally Posted by troublebound666

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

Ive always wanted to try this. What effect does the aging process have on beer? Is it different depending on the style of beer?  
Aging will change the flavors of the beer, and it is different depending on the style.

This will explain it far better than I can: http://blog.beeriety.com/2009/07/13/an-introduction-to-aging-beer/

pimp.gif
 Thanks man. I'll read up on this tonight.

Back
Top Bottom