Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
With these ‘85s supposedly being released in such large numbers this time around, I doubt they’re gonna be in super amazing quality like we’d dream. Not saying they’ll be bad quality, but I can’t see these being both the largest produced 1, and being the pinnacle of quality. The messed up thing is that regardless of how “OG” these really turn out to be, in 3, 4, 5, how many years until they rerelease them again, they’ll again be deemed as being an even closer representation of the originals. And the bad part about this is that people like us will need to buy each iteration, as they’re always deemed as being closer to the originals, therefore still limiting them being able to be acquired by everyone. If they rereleased them every once and a while, but they were just the same each time (like Chucks or Air Forces), eventually everyone would be able to get a pair, as collectors and shoe nerds like ourselves wouldn’t have that added necessity to get each release with its different details/features.

aj1b4.jpg

I opened NT and i was wondering how there were like 200 new comments :wow: ofcourse its cause the breds were just announced lol. Hope i can get atleast 1 pair.

With these ‘85s supposedly being released in such large numbers this time around, I doubt they’re gonna be in super amazing quality like we’d dream. Not saying they’ll be bad quality, but I can’t see these being both the largest produced 1, and being the pinnacle of quality. The messed up thing is that regardless of how “OG” these really turn out to be, in 3, 4, 5, how many years until they rerelease them again, they’ll again be deemed as being an even closer representation of the originals. And the bad part about this is that people like us will need to buy each iteration, as they’re always deemed as being closer to the originals, therefore still limiting them being able to be acquired by everyone. If they rereleased them every once and a while, but they were just the same each time (like Chucks or Air Forces), eventually everyone would be able to get a pair, as collectors and shoe nerds like ourselves wouldn’t have that added necessity to get each release with its different details/features.

Yo, if they released all the 85' remasters with H2H quality I'd be IN for each one. My no dbl up rule would have to have to be challenged. What's funny is that we've all talked about JB doing this years before Folk broke the news. Either way though, if they're done right I'm in.

Buying at least 2 breds retail or resell.
I’ve only worn my ‘16s once 4 months ago so I can only imagine the glitter surprise when i open the box lol.

But shout out to those that put me on to the meguiar’s wipes

I can see this becoming a trend, continue to pump out Jordan 1 Retro High Blk/Red every 3 years because Jordan Brand knows, they will sell regardless because we will want every iteration of it since each offer something unique and different. Or JB will finally place this color way in the vault Like Gentry said he would do the Jordan 3.

Back
Top Bottom