Post Your Bicycle vol. I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Can someone point me in the direction of a nice, decent road bike?? I'm not looking to do marathons or anything. Just wanna have something to get to the bank, haircut, etc. Preferably no more than $200 (is that even possible?). I'm in San Jose if that helps.

No fixed gear bikes please.

200 should be able to get you a more than decent bike man

look into some used treks on CL

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

my cousin asked to borrow my Dyno XR a few years back, asked for it 2 years ago... found out his pops sold it to a crackhead... smh

edit:

I found this bike on craigslist as "like new"

I'm 200 lbs and 5' 10"... should I be messing with this?
laugh.gif

Like I said I used to have a GT dyno XR and could do jumps and what not when I was 175lbs, is this comparable?
thanks in advance!

http://www.thecyclepeople...oductdetails.asp?id=2402
gt_compe_10.jpg

thats a new school set-up, only thing to get use to is the smaller gearing.

I'm 240lbs, my bike is a tank.

ff6d5t.jpg

LOL i notice that all these pics are somewhere in SF/ Bay Area
WORD TO NORCAL!!!
just got back up to the bay and got new tires and front derailer.......
next in line is a new chain ring.....
any recommendations?

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Can someone point me in the direction of a nice, decent road bike?? I'm not looking to do marathons or anything. Just wanna have something to get to the bank, haircut, etc. Preferably no more than $200 (is that even possible?). I'm in San Jose if that helps.

No fixed gear bikes please.

200 should be able to get you a more than decent bike man

look into some used treks on CL

This.

Picked up an old school GT mountain bike yesterday off Craigslist.  I got my kids some bikes and needed to keep up w/ them.  Also picked up wifey exactly what she wanted...  a purple beach cruiser (also off Craigslist).

I'll take some pics soon.

Great bikes everyone.

btw...  i'm not too big on fixies.  I like being able to coast.
laugh.gif
  But more power to ya.  Fixies look pretty sick when done up correctly.

where can i get the cheapest fixed gear with the most basic parts? or what's the best way to go about it?

what about a vintage 70's, 80's fixed gear?

2010 Trek 2.1, i rode fixed for awhile but decided i wanna get serious about riding so i picked this up a couple weeks ago. I wanted to get out of the whole hipster scene too, these dudes out here in LA that ride fixed are what give bikers a bad rep from drivers. Training right now to do a century this summer.
img20991.jpg

Is this '07 PK Ripper Looptail with Z-Rims too much money? dude that selling it wants $450.
Just trying to get a second opinion on the price because I'm not that informed on BMX.

2lwrh53.jpg

1zfa7b.jpg

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

2010 Trek 2.1, i rode fixed for awhile but decided i wanna get serious about riding so i picked this up a couple weeks ago. I wanted to get out of the whole hipster scene too, these dudes out here in LA that ride fixed are what give bikers a bad rep from drivers. Training right now to do a century this summer.
img20991.jpg
What century are you doing?
I've got one on May 22 down in San Diego, rode one in Palm Springs back in February.

Are those platforms or do you have shoes/clips?

Originally Posted by Redrum

Is this '07 PK Ripper Looptail with Z-Rims too much money? dude that selling it wants $450.
Just trying to get a second opinion on the price because I'm not that informed on BMX.

2lwrh53.jpg

1zfa7b.jpg
Should I cop?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by VINTAGE SOLE 737

where can i get the cheapest fixed gear with the most basic parts? or what's the best way to go about it?

what about a vintage 70's, 80's fixed gear?
bikesdirect.com

70s, 80s track bikes are fine, but the frames alone will be expensive. dont get a road bike, stupid heavy. copp off bikesdirect.com (kilo tt
pimp.gif
)

Im looking to get a fixie. Anyone care to explain what a flip flop hub is? Also all the sizing things are confusing me anyone know a easy way to figure out what size bike i need? Thanks.

where did you pick up those Chub Hubs and how much!??? lace em and sell em to me brah !

and dude wit the Madison knows whats up, love those frames. not too heavy not too light. smooth.

heres my baby. ..

my padre's. ..

im looking to buy a japanese road bike any one can recommmend me to a good site or a good bike? im 6'0 160 help me out tryna be green friendly.

Back
Top Bottom