Pros & Cons Of The New NT Format

is this happening o anyone else....this is general but theres a buy sell post

1jn32d.jpg

Did someone say no gifs ? Thats no bueno.

Gif check...

Edit: NVM Gifs work

Cant really judge how much I like the new format yet, but I have to say pages are loading MUCH faster.

Although... When I type a reply the lag before I can see what I typed is way too long though. Ill litterally get through 2 sentances before anything shows up in the screen. Whats the deal with that ?

Last edited:
When I was on over on sneakertalk trying to make sense of all this, I saw an off/on button to change the themes at the top. So can't we just have that on here, on being this theme and off being the old classic NT.

Edit:smh:h my join date is messed too

Last edited:
2 Cons that I'm not sure have been mentioned yet (also not sure if the new site CANT do this, or just hasnt yet):

-Threads arent shaded differently if you have clicked them already.
-No stickied threads that stay at the top (had trouble finding the official MLB thread in S&T thats normally right on the top)

The ads are annoying but whatever. Glad they already fixed the birds problem. My god was that an eyesore earlier today. Everything else seems to be running great though. I like the new layout, minus the ads. Could turn out to be a fantastic change. Like the single quote option as well.

looks cool, will take time getting used to, happy i can actually post now & for ad's just use chrome or firefox and get ad-blocker

It has been like a day people. Relax and see how it goes?

I am on the fence right now too but i think once i get used to it everything will be fine. All i care about is functionality really. Yuku with its deleting posts and last pages of threads not appearing and all sorts of other chaos. I just hope this functions better

the reason i liked NT the most was that it was simple and straight to the point and had a "retro" feel which made it rare in the world of the internets

cons: the new get up is cool but its too much stuff in between i could care less about but i can see where its going

best thing of all is I finally get to use an avi instead of the blue no face circle head thing

*insert smokin smiley here*

2 Cons that I'm not sure have been mentioned yet (also not sure if the new site CANT do this, or just hasnt yet):

-Threads arent shaded differently if you have clicked them already.
-No stickied threads that stay at the top (had trouble finding the official MLB thread in S&T thats normally right on the top)

The ads are annoying but whatever. Glad they already fixed the birds problem. My god was that an eyesore earlier today. Everything else seems to be running great though. I like the new layout, minus the ads. Could turn out to be a fantastic change. Like the single quote option as well.
THIS. To me too, at least. I mean, I know there's a green arrow that directs to the first unread post, but I liked the unbolded thread look. 

The ads don't bother me as much unless it'll help build revenue or something. Free, new NT hat? :pimp:

It's only been a day but I'm used to it already.
The layout remained black/red so im gooooood... there's just random threads everywhere.

my only complain are the ads, their just a little in your face thats all..
but i remember when meth asked about ideas for the new site, and someone made this
color layout, and meth did do it that way. i appreciate that. :pimp:

Has anyone figured out a way to have the threads you viewed greyed out, so you can keep track of what you have and haven't viewed.

This is the only real "con" I have for the new site.

The multiquote option is muy bueno. No more having to open multiple tabs to quote more than one person.

Edit: still testing...still cant see smileys/pics....someone show me the way(droid)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom