Question about Chinese food

Originally Posted by Shoryuken

I used to bring these for snack/lunch back in elementary school. People would run up and be like, "Yo %@+ is in that !*$#??".

Hit them with the
eyes.gif
and carried on..
Douche.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Shoryuken

I used to bring these for snack/lunch back in elementary school. People would run up and be like, "Yo %@+ is in that !*$#??".

Hit them with the
eyes.gif
and carried on..
Douche.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wcghost

there are two kinds of bbq pork buns. steamed & baked.

532981246_cc2f13b03b.jpg

03-Baked-BBQ-Pork-Bun-Fuji-Bakery.jpg

pimp.gif

oh and Xiao Long Bao ("little dragon buns" - pork soup dumplings) from Din Tai Fung are the TRUTH. 1.5 hr wait was totally worth it.
Growing up, I'd always get the steamed ones because the dim sum place we frequented had really amazing ones. The baked ones were good but never really impressed me (being Chinese, food culture becomes ingrained in you from an early age 
laugh.gif
.) This summer though, I went to Hong Kong and had the baked bbq pork buns at Tim Ho Wan (Michelin-starred dim sum restaurant and cheapest Michelin-starred restaurant in the world.) I was made a believer.
40382_10150250088460147_860730146_14199985_5574267_n.jpg

About as close to perfect as you can get.

532981246_cc2f13b03b.jpg

03-Baked-BBQ-Pork-Bun-Fuji-Bakery.jpg

pimp.gif

oh and Xiao Long Bao ("little dragon buns" - pork soup dumplings) from Din Tai Fung are the TRUTH. 1.5 hr wait was totally worth it.
Growing up, I'd always get the steamed ones because the dim sum place we frequented had really amazing ones. The baked ones were good but never really impressed me (being Chinese, food culture becomes ingrained in you from an early age 
laugh.gif
.) This summer though, I went to Hong Kong and had the baked bbq pork buns at Tim Ho Wan (Michelin-starred dim sum restaurant and cheapest Michelin-starred restaurant in the world.) I was made a believer.
40382_10150250088460147_860730146_14199985_5574267_n.jpg

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Yeah, it was always the steamed version for me... frankly, I was never a fan of the baked ones.  
Guess I'll hafta check out that Tim Ho Wan sometime... how long was the wait?

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Yeah, it was always the steamed version for me... frankly, I was never a fan of the baked ones.  

Originally Posted by SinnerP

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
The place opens at 10am. Our hotel was only a couple blocks away, the Langham Place Hotel in Mongkok, so my buddy and I decided to go there at 8am (camping out for dim sum
30t6p3b.gif
.) By the time the restaurant opened, the line was easily fifty deep. The place only seats like twenty people too. Definitely worth the experience though. If you go at any random time during the day, I hear the wait can easily exceed two hours (although you can walk away and come back.)

Originally Posted by SinnerP

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
The place opens at 10am. Our hotel was only a couple blocks away, the Langham Place Hotel in Mongkok, so my buddy and I decided to go there at 8am (camping out for dim sum
30t6p3b.gif
.) By the time the restaurant opened, the line was easily fifty deep. The place only seats like twenty people too. Definitely worth the experience though. If you go at any random time during the day, I hear the wait can easily exceed two hours (although you can walk away and come back.)

Boys Noize wrote:

30t6p3b.gif
.)
By the time the restaurant opened, the line was easily fifty deep. The place only seats like twenty people too. Definitely worth the experience though. If you go at any random time during the day, I hear the wait can easily exceed two hours (although you can walk away and come back.)

Can't say I've ever done that before... or will in the future... 
laugh.gif

Boys Noize wrote:

30t6p3b.gif
.)
By the time the restaurant opened, the line was easily fifty deep. The place only seats like twenty people too. Definitely worth the experience though. If you go at any random time during the day, I hear the wait can easily exceed two hours (although you can walk away and come back.)

Can't say I've ever done that before... or will in the future... 
laugh.gif

Whats the name of those fried crispy balls (pause) with sesame seeds on the top and pork inside? 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
those are straight crack. 

Whats the name of those fried crispy balls (pause) with sesame seeds on the top and pork inside? 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
those are straight crack. 

^ banh cam? Isnt that viet food? Usually its mung bean in there thoI love being asian....baked banh bao is the bestwhen i have dim sum i always order baked bbq pork bao and custard bao. That fried taro cake with minced pork is amazing too.And ha cao, xiu mai, cha gio, xoi man, baked taro cake, chicken feet, xa xiu, lol

^ banh cam? Isnt that viet food? Usually its mung bean in there thoI love being asian....baked banh bao is the bestwhen i have dim sum i always order baked bbq pork bao and custard bao. That fried taro cake with minced pork is amazing too.And ha cao, xiu mai, cha gio, xoi man, baked taro cake, chicken feet, xa xiu, lol

Mei Li Wah Bakery
62-64 Bayard St.
NYC - 212-966-7866

Baked Roast Pork Bun (Siopao) or Steam Roast Pork Bun (Siopao) are just $0.80 each

Mei Li Wah Bakery
62-64 Bayard St.
NYC - 212-966-7866

Baked Roast Pork Bun (Siopao) or Steam Roast Pork Bun (Siopao) are just $0.80 each

Originally Posted by envasian

Mei Li Wah Bakery
62-64 Bayard St.
NYC - 212-966-7866

I love you.

Originally Posted by envasian

Mei Li Wah Bakery
62-64 Bayard St.
NYC - 212-966-7866

I love you.

Back
Top Bottom