Talk About Funny/Frustrating Stories That Deal With Your Parents Computer Illiteracy

Teaching my mom how to attach an attachment to an email.
mad.gif

I was living on campus so I just couldn't do it for her. It took me like an hour to get her to attach a letter to her email.
tired.gif

She got it down now though. She still doesn't understand itunes and ipods and such.

My pops is a lost cause. I won't even try with him.

my friend was telling me how his grandma is 10x more technologically literate than his parents which is pretty sad

one time she got some new meds. the family asked they were for, what they do etc. her answer was, "google it"
laugh.gif

my parents are dumb as hell. they work all day in front of computers too and they still dont know how to use the damn thing at home

my friend was telling me how his grandma is 10x more technologically literate than his parents which is pretty sad

one time she got some new meds. the family asked they were for, what they do etc. her answer was, "google it"
laugh.gif

my parents are dumb as hell. they work all day in front of computers too and they still dont know how to use the damn thing at home

I do NOT even wanna get into this
laugh.gif

MY life is revolving around getting them out of their technical squabbles.

My mom has to go to work in the early morning and before she goes she does some work but allllways gets stuck with the printer or something. She wakes me up like 5AM to help her.

She always ends up deleting all of her work or whatever changes she makes to a document, or if she's researching something she comes waking me up panicking talking about how she lost all of her websites.
Then I've gotta go and look back into the history and get everything again.
Basically I have to walk her through everything dealing with the computer.

Cable box is turned off the night before, she turns on the TV in the morning and nothing shows up and now she wakes me up saying
"I think they cut off the cable, I paid the bill though"
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

And let us not even talk about her now getting a BB Curve. She hasnt ever even used the internet on the thing.
I have to admit its kind of annoying.
Im not even going to get into specific situations

I do NOT even wanna get into this
laugh.gif

MY life is revolving around getting them out of their technical squabbles.

My mom has to go to work in the early morning and before she goes she does some work but allllways gets stuck with the printer or something. She wakes me up like 5AM to help her.

She always ends up deleting all of her work or whatever changes she makes to a document, or if she's researching something she comes waking me up panicking talking about how she lost all of her websites.
Then I've gotta go and look back into the history and get everything again.
Basically I have to walk her through everything dealing with the computer.

Cable box is turned off the night before, she turns on the TV in the morning and nothing shows up and now she wakes me up saying
"I think they cut off the cable, I paid the bill though"
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

And let us not even talk about her now getting a BB Curve. She hasnt ever even used the internet on the thing.
I have to admit its kind of annoying.
Im not even going to get into specific situations

LOL @ the responses. It sounds like you guys are in better shape then me.

My mom can probably turn on the computer. I think thats where it stops.

She's been saying for 5 years now that she was going to get a computer and learn how to use it.

I've tried to teach her but I don't have the patience

LOL @ the responses. It sounds like you guys are in better shape then me.

My mom can probably turn on the computer. I think thats where it stops.

She's been saying for 5 years now that she was going to get a computer and learn how to use it.

I've tried to teach her but I don't have the patience

My mom has had an iphone for about a year.  Last week i showed her how to turn it to vibrate.  She though you just hit volume down to the bottom.  there are literally 4 buttons on the phone.  She never touched the slider on the side.....fail

images

My mom has had an iphone for about a year.  Last week i showed her how to turn it to vibrate.  She though you just hit volume down to the bottom.  there are literally 4 buttons on the phone.  She never touched the slider on the side.....fail

images

my dad got his old computer a virus, so i ran a full scan of the computer, and it previewd pictures and documents...and i saw mad shemale photos and i called dude out and hes like "ahh this one !+!%*$ up friend emailsme this $%%# all the time"

my dad got his old computer a virus, so i ran a full scan of the computer, and it previewd pictures and documents...and i saw mad shemale photos and i called dude out and hes like "ahh this one !+!%*$ up friend emailsme this $%%# all the time"

Originally Posted by bns1201

laugh.gif
sick.gif
alien.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
sick.gif
alien.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

- My mother only highlights and then deletes text, she doesn't use Backspace EVER
30t6p3b.gif

- doesn't know how to attach documents into an email
- doesn't know when to right click
- and teaching her how to repair a wireless connection is like teaching a goat how to speak German

My neighbor is 10x worse than my mother even but luckily she pays me everytime I come over to fix her computer

- My mother only highlights and then deletes text, she doesn't use Backspace EVER
30t6p3b.gif

- doesn't know how to attach documents into an email
- doesn't know when to right click
- and teaching her how to repair a wireless connection is like teaching a goat how to speak German

My neighbor is 10x worse than my mother even but luckily she pays me everytime I come over to fix her computer

My mom can't even turn a computer on
laugh.gif

My dad bought a laptop last year and he has the basics down, not much more than turning the damn thing on and surfing the web. Every time I come home he be on YouTube looking at vids
laugh.gif

My mom can't even turn a computer on
laugh.gif

My dad bought a laptop last year and he has the basics down, not much more than turning the damn thing on and surfing the web. Every time I come home he be on YouTube looking at vids
laugh.gif

alien.gif
indifferent.gif

alien.gif
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom