Talk About Funny/Frustrating Stories That Deal With Your Parents Computer Illiteracy

When moms first started using the Internet she clicked on EVERY one of those "you've won" ads. Called me one day like "I'm getting an xbox and an iPod!". I was like smh what r u even gonna do with an xbox. Of course all she got was a ton of spam lolAlso I think she could solve a rubiks cube faster than she could transfer pics from a camera to her computer

When moms first started using the Internet she clicked on EVERY one of those "you've won" ads. Called me one day like "I'm getting an xbox and an iPod!". I was like smh what r u even gonna do with an xbox. Of course all she got was a ton of spam lolAlso I think she could solve a rubiks cube faster than she could transfer pics from a camera to her computer

my parents cant to anything.

my mom is worse then my dad, but once he discovered photoshop its been hell. this dude calls me everyday on skype just to ask simple questions about photoshop. one time he asked me how to copy and paste picture.
30t6p3b.gif

other than that my moms is pretty bad too. one time she was trying to check her online bank statement and the computer lagged a little, she had to shut down the whole computer, unplug it, wait 10 mins and restart the whole process. she basically told me that she didnt want any hackers looking at her account.
laugh.gif

and for the dude who has the dad with the shemale pron.
family_guy_thats_nasty1.jpg

my parents cant to anything.

my mom is worse then my dad, but once he discovered photoshop its been hell. this dude calls me everyday on skype just to ask simple questions about photoshop. one time he asked me how to copy and paste picture.
30t6p3b.gif

other than that my moms is pretty bad too. one time she was trying to check her online bank statement and the computer lagged a little, she had to shut down the whole computer, unplug it, wait 10 mins and restart the whole process. she basically told me that she didnt want any hackers looking at her account.
laugh.gif

and for the dude who has the dad with the shemale pron.
family_guy_thats_nasty1.jpg

i forgot

my dad was on the internetz and you ever see those "chat" things that pop up on the bottom right of your screen? got him. it wasnt even an adult site though i was right next to him. so many damn viruses he had to buy a new comp
laugh.gif

which brings us to now. he bought a new desktop with all these damn specifications that he doesnt even know what they do

what the *$%+ you need 12gb of ram and an i7 processor for when your just surfing thegolfwarehouse.com and ebay?
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

i forgot

my dad was on the internetz and you ever see those "chat" things that pop up on the bottom right of your screen? got him. it wasnt even an adult site though i was right next to him. so many damn viruses he had to buy a new comp
laugh.gif

which brings us to now. he bought a new desktop with all these damn specifications that he doesnt even know what they do

what the *$%+ you need 12gb of ram and an i7 processor for when your just surfing thegolfwarehouse.com and ebay?
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by hieu23

my dad knows his basics like internet and email, but my mom...she doesn't even know how to get past the homepage

same here!
My mom picked up the mouse and pointed it the screen like a TV remote control.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by hieu23

my dad knows his basics like internet and email, but my mom...she doesn't even know how to get past the homepage

same here!
My mom picked up the mouse and pointed it the screen like a TV remote control.
sick.gif

My dad is pretty good. He actually taught me a lot on how to use computers way back when.

He's got a FB account, checks his email on the daily and be surfin youtube n stuff. Even pays his bills online.

My mom on the other hand....

My dad is pretty good. He actually taught me a lot on how to use computers way back when.

He's got a FB account, checks his email on the daily and be surfin youtube n stuff. Even pays his bills online.

My mom on the other hand....

my mother went on facebook and started post all these articles of clothing she wanted to buy...not realizing facebook was still logged into my account
indifferent.gif

she also loaded a bunch of music onto my itunes so she could listen to it. i didnt know and synced my ipod. found myself listening to The Beegees the next morning on the train
indifferent.gif

my mother went on facebook and started post all these articles of clothing she wanted to buy...not realizing facebook was still logged into my account
indifferent.gif

she also loaded a bunch of music onto my itunes so she could listen to it. i didnt know and synced my ipod. found myself listening to The Beegees the next morning on the train
indifferent.gif

Everytime time my mom gets on the computer, I expect to be called on. She complains about receiving too many e-mails but then proceeds to not delete & let them be. When she goes on again, she calls me & asks me why the e-mails are still there. I tell her in the calmest manner that you have to delete them yourself. What I would really like to say is "@$++!, this ain't a magic trick. The computer can't read your mind as to which e-mails to delete."

Everytime time my mom gets on the computer, I expect to be called on. She complains about receiving too many e-mails but then proceeds to not delete & let them be. When she goes on again, she calls me & asks me why the e-mails are still there. I tell her in the calmest manner that you have to delete them yourself. What I would really like to say is "@$++!, this ain't a magic trick. The computer can't read your mind as to which e-mails to delete."

Originally Posted by maddog345

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by maddog345

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I guess I'm not the only one.

My mom would ask " (my name) why is the mouse always going off the window."
Me: "Mom you're suppose to direct it onto the area you want to left-click to."

She's gotten a bit better now and actually has wireless internet. But I'm in for one hell of a time tutoring her again
ohwell.gif
, when I see her during the holidays.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I guess I'm not the only one.

My mom would ask " (my name) why is the mouse always going off the window."
Me: "Mom you're suppose to direct it onto the area you want to left-click to."

She's gotten a bit better now and actually has wireless internet. But I'm in for one hell of a time tutoring her again
ohwell.gif
, when I see her during the holidays.

My parents are luckily OK with computers. Don't have to tutor them that much.

Something my dad told me he heard at work though:

"Did you find that on the internet?"
"No, I found it on Google"

My parents are luckily OK with computers. Don't have to tutor them that much.

Something my dad told me he heard at work though:

"Did you find that on the internet?"
"No, I found it on Google"

I don't think anything can top my dad opening up Microsoft Word & typing his websites onto a blank page thinking it's the browser 
indifferent.gif

He used to do it literally everyday & still get mad when nothing happened.

I don't think anything can top my dad opening up Microsoft Word & typing his websites onto a blank page thinking it's the browser 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by ChineyRoyal

indifferent.gif

Wow
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ChineyRoyal

indifferent.gif

Wow
roll.gif

Reading your stories just reminded me of some.

Everytime my dad loses his wireless internet connection he always asks me to fix it.
He never even loses his connection he just accidentally switches the wifi switch off.
Even time I switch it back he's like

Back
Top Bottom