The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

If the Sixers dont win it all within the next year or so, would you consider the "process" a failure?

I say yes. Failed top 3 picks, numerous busts drafted, not one ECF or FInals appearance to show for 5+ years of tanking.

I honestly think that it's not a fair question to ask.
  • Hinkie was forced out by Adam Silver and they brought in Colangelo
  • Colangelo was awful then was fired
  • Sixers ownership promoted a yes man in Elton Brand
  • Elton Brand opened up the ESPN trade machine and used up all the flexibility and assets collected within 6 months.
  • Brand picks the wrong person to hand out the max to
  • Morey comes in and his first two years was about cleaning up the mess Colangelo and Brand made
If anything OKC has the ability to see this thing through and they will be a more appropriate team to determine if their "process" was a failure or success.

317751860_6473375702690899_1768013943310130943_n.jpg

What is a failure?

Cause I was told Lebron going to LA was a failure for only winning 1 ring and now I'm getting told the Process by Philly was a success cause now they're a perennial upper middle of the pack contender.

May you please provide receipts of the bolded? We all knew 18-19 was a wash, 19-20 they won, 20-21 they were hobbled, 21-22 was a dumpster fire due to the off-season, 22-23 isn’t looking better. So in 5 seasons (including this one) he only has had really only two real shots at a title and he won during one of them. Considering the alternative I would say it was a success for both him and the Lakers. Also, below….

Not saying it was the wrong move.

To miss on picks in the top 3 and in the top 10 in 5 years with no ECF or Finals appearance to show for it makes it a failure.

Ironically the Lakers were headed down this path until Bron saved them :lol:

Kinda shows regardless of who your scouting department consists of, how much luck is involved in the drafting process.

That's arguably 5 failed drafts

2013: Michael Carter Williams
2014: Joel Embiid
2015: Jhalil Okafor
2016: Ben Simmons
2017: Fultz
2018: Zhaire Smith
In 2013 I wanted CJ over everyone lol
2014, luck swung our way with Embiid foot
2015, Lakers pulled the okie doke and took Ratsull and KP didn’t workout for us. Circumstances
2016, Simmons was the right pick
2017, Fultz was the right choice. No one expected him to break his shoulder
2018, I still go back and forth between Bridges and Zhaire + the pick, just no one expected Zhaire to almost die from a peanut

Considering the FAs and other picks (Cov, Dario etc), it gave the flexibility to swing for stars (Stringer and Officer Jim) but bad luck again (bubble guts and 5 bounces/Jim hammy and Jo breaking his face)

Nia should be mad at Ime and no one else. He chose to do what he did, accepted the consequences and regardless of whether they wanted it private or not...when he doesn't show up for work it's obviously going to become public regardless. Duh. Unfortunately when you're a celeb and your spouse is trash the world gonna know.

Back
Top Bottom