The Official NBA Thread: PLAYOFFS

He's is an obviously charismatic and funny on screen performer.

He's not writing for ESPN insider
he not here to give you super intelligent basketball analysis

his job is to be entertaining on TV while being a credible basketball expert.
playing in the NBA so he's going to seem credible to most viewers, and he's funny and charismatic.

no matter how much smarter than Perk you think you are I guarantee he's a better on screen performer.
Yall wildin, got me agreeing with Osh today. Perk is good at what he does and his coworkers seem to like him. I don’t understand what’s y’all issue with personality in your sports journalism.

Ain’t NOBODY else available? All these retired players and you keep the dumbest one who doesn’t even understand the game he played? 🤦🏽‍♂️

Been telling y'all that ESPN isn't for us. See below.

He's is an obviously charismatic and funny on screen performer.

He's not writing for ESPN insider
he not here to give you super intelligent basketball analysis

his job is to be entertaining on TV
while being a credible basketball expert.
playing in the NBA so he's going to seem credible to most viewers, and he's funny and charismatic.

no matter how much smarter than Perk you think you are I guarantee he's a better on screen performer.

We are not "most viewers" :lol: (That wasn't directed at you Osh, just speaking on this thread as a whole). They really just provide surface level information for casuals. You don't need pay top dollar or carry a heavy roster to do that. As a few folks have said, I doubt viewership will be affected in the long run as a result of these firings.

Jalen is entertaining when he's in a more laid back setting with Bill Simmons on podcast for example.

But when he's in a studio show, in broadcaster mode, he's stiff and corny.
But his responses were mostly always on point. His take on alot of situations were definitely appreciated.

Was listening to the Dan Patrick radio show this morning when the JVG and J Rose news dropped. He said ESPN has historically purged certain on air talent from time to time. He said it’s just about saving money. They dump people with seniority who get paid a lot because they don’t think anyone is irreplaceable.

Kendrick Perkins replacing J. Rose is a joke. His takes are awful, no sense in allowing this man to get them out during primetime.

Kendrick Perkins replacing J. Rose is a joke. His takes are awful, no sense in allowing this man to get them out during primetime.
Perkins says dumb **** that people talk about and gets views. Also he’s prob paid less than jalen.

For example max was getting 5 mill. I’m assuming malika, perk Molly etc are nowhere near that

Back
Top Bottom