What’s it like to work at stockX? I quit after 1 day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen on Twitter. Just came here to see if a mane really type this

So what’s the next move?

Last edited:
Listen, Idk know about you op but 18/hr with guaranteed overtime is not that bad, especially with how easy you made it sound.

I currrenty work at a Pepsi warehouse in central pa making 21 an hour with unlimited overtime, before taxes I’m making 72k-75k a year.

When I first started I thought the same thing as you about my job, that it was brutal, didn’t have enough training and the hours were long, but not I’m 9 months in and have saved up 22k and been able to pay all of my bills and then some.

Just saying you prolly shoulda stuck with it for a lil longer just to see how things really were and to see if you could find your groove.

From the sound of it all you had to do was the bear mim at least til you had another job lined up, and also warehouse jobs arn’t career type jobs, they’re get in and get out type jobs. No longer then 5 years max
If you're getting away with this, I can only image what folks higher up the chain are getting away with

Everybody in here bashing OP but rarely commenting on the authentication process that he shared with us.

No wonder fake and used shoes get past the process. You only have 1 minute to to cut open the box it was shipped in, examine the shoe, put the tag on, and move on to the next. That leaves like 30 seconds to actually authenticate the shoe. And there's no template to go by, so who knows how many fakes of non-hyped shoes get past the process.

And nobody mentioned how they just threw him in there with no sort of orientation? So a regular *** Joe Schmoe starts examining shoes people buy on his very first day on the job with no training? Uhhhhhhh.

Last edited:
Sounds terrible

Authenticating process is a joke

No orientation?

Good thing I never copped off there

Thanks for sharing OP, I felt the part when u cried, moving your whole life aroubd for a new gig just to be dissapointed first day, it happens keep your head up and keep it moving

Happy thanksgiving every1

Also Corrections might not be the move for you, seriously

Last edited:
Everybody in here bashing OP but rarely commenting on the authentication process that he shared with us.

No wonder fake and used shoes get past the process. You only have 1 minute to to cut open the box it was shipped in, examine the shoe, put the tag on, and move on to the next. That leaves like 30 seconds to actually authenticate the shoe. And there's no template to go by, so who knows how many fakes of non-hyped shoes get past the process.

And nobody mentioned how they just threw him in there with no sort of orientation? So a regular *** Joe Schmoe starts examining shoes people buy on his very first day on the job with no training? Uhhhhhhh.
Most of us are at a point in our lives where we stopped collecting shoes

No offense but that’s a pretty shortsighted and ignorant comment homie. If the company you work for can’t pay its debts, it goes bankrupt...

....then the company can’t pay you anymore (so....it kinda is your paper).

Homie Bernie madoff with the money got irs probelms don't take his comments too serious.

Sounds terrible

Authenticating process is a joke

No orientation?

Good thing I never copped off there

Thanks for sharing OP, I felt the part when u cried, moving your whole life aroubd for a new gig just to be dissapointed first day, it happens keep your head up and keep it moving

Happy thanksgiving every1

Also Corrections might not be the move for you, seriously
whether what OP says is true or not.. im done copping off there

I only copped twice and had to legit check em a few times myself before even ripping off that tag but im good on playing Russian roulette.

rather shop through goat where they take 10x longer authenticating shoes and actually taking pictures of every single angle

It’s clear that this thread has run its course. Thank you for all of the feedback. NT is a cold place. A lot of internet tough guys.

kQBEnn.gif

No offense but that’s a pretty shortsighted and ignorant comment homie. If the company you work for can’t pay its debts, it goes bankrupt...

....then the company can’t pay you anymore (so....it kinda is your paper).
Eh worrying about it won’t help matters

I think most of us can say we been there before. I was 22 with a kid trynna support a 3 person family off $11 a hr at the most miserable job I’ve ever had. Cintas plant, washing dirty linen, mats and towels. 90 degree days in the plant opening a bag of dirty towels and aprons a restaurant left out back that smells like death and full of maggots and old food. After 2 years I had a break down and just dropped my uniforms off and walked out. I was really becoming a terrible person outside of work because of how miserable I was. Luckily got plugged with another job the same week sitting in a office doing nothing for a lil more money until I could figure it out.

U 30 b, I’m not saying oh u a loser but u can’t be sitting around feeling bad for yourself. Figure it out! Come up with a plan and get it done. Having a kid kept me motivated even when I was unemployed broke and depressed, I knew I couldn’t sit around and do nothing. I’m making the most money I ever made doing the least amount of work I ever done and still trynna figure out other ways to get the bag. Stand on ya own 2 and figure this **** out OP.

So you rather risk your life with some criminals than sniff some shoes.

I love NT!

Warehouse work ain't for everyone, but there's absolutely no reason to be sobbing in your car after a day's worth of factory work. Mom put me to work when I was 16 to pay my own university fees. I worked part-time in the summer in a factory for 4 years. Sometimes they would ask us if we wanted OT and offer us Saturday & Sunday shifts. I did it, learned from the experience and progressed in life.

Now the homie wants to be a corrections officer? j rain j rain you're gonna be in a world of hurt dealing with some of the lowest forms of life. Your colleagues/peers are gonna be jaded as hell and not gonna comfort you either.

I asked earlier but is StockX really moving such a high volume of sneakers? According to him, the 40 cats that were working that day processed [55 (shoes) x 12 (hours) x 40 (people)] 26,400 pairs of shoes. Do these numbers make sense to anyone because with 200 staff that's about 132,000 pairs of sneakers a day. :stoneface: :stoneface:

They received 4,000+ shoes on Monday. The 40 people i stated includes the 20 or so that strictly cut boxes. They don’t touch the actual sneaker. They cut the box open, put it on the carrier, and keep it moving.

There was probably 10 total sneaker authenticators. A handful of streetwear authenticators.

I will address any questions regarding the job. The personal attacks on my willpower as a man are not necessary.

It was bizzare to me that they had so few employees in a massive warehouse. The joint was the size of a football field. So much open space. The warehouse has been open for a couple months now.

Makes me wonder. Are people just not applying? Because they need bodies desperately. Or is the job that miserable that employees are dropping like flies? I can’t be the only one that bailed with the quickness.

Last edited:
j rain j rain Do you fam, but corrections officer is no joke. Do your research on that.

I do appreciate your insight on this StockX scam though. 6,600 pairs of shoes a day among those 10 employees is ludicrous. They ain't verifying 'ish. :smh::smh:

Correction officer possibly. I took the test back in January. Should be getting the call any month now.
Man good luck.... If you couldnt handle a warehouse job, I would think being a corrections officer would be more physically and mentally demanding but I digress

good luck

My Dad was a correction officer. He’s been on me for years to take the test. I’ve heard it’s not that bad. Prisons aren’t what you see on tv/movies.

Not saying I’m going to do it. It’s just an option.

if getting a little ribbing about your emotions is cold, imagine having to turn a blind eye to guys getting raped in the shower or their faces beaten in cause they not in a gang.

federal camps might not be bad but most everywhere else you go, you’re gonna see some bad **** go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom