WHATS YOUR FIST PAIR OF JORDANS AND STORY BEHIND IT

OG infrared VI's...was in 4th grade...got two teeth pulled then went to JCP and bought my first pair of $100 jordans...wish we could do that again...

I remember hating getting dragged along to go shopping with my mom back in the day, just hours on end waiting in stores. One day she drags me to go I'm 10 or 11 and we end up hitting Nordstrom Rack. Walking through the store I stop and see a pair of Carmines on the rack. Long story short those J's were copped and that's where it all started. Guess getting dragged along had to pay off sometime haha.

I remember hating getting dragged along to go shopping with my mom back in the day, just hours on end waiting in stores. One day she drags me to go I'm 10 or 11 and we end up hitting Nordstrom Rack. Walking through the store I stop and see a pair of Carmines on the rack. Long story short those J's were copped and that's where it all started. Guess getting dragged along had to pay off sometime haha.

Back in 96/97 I witnessed Jordan dominate the basketball world and I loved watching him play and when they had some closeups on the bench I saw them, the Air Jordan XII Taxi.  I was about 10 at the time and had only owned Wal-Mart kicks for my entire life.  I never was into the shoe game as I am now but in 2002 I saw the first pair that I needed, the
Air Jordan XVII.  Eventually in 2003 I found a pair on eBay back when it was fresh and fair.  They were used and I spent half my paycheck, a whole $60 and some change on them.  From my standards today they were probably a 5/10 but I was beyond pumped back when I got them.  I beat the snot out of them for a year and then I tried out for my high school team in them and I was skating everywhere.  Everyone else had some new sneaks but I still managed to make it on to the team.  Since then I have held kicks in high regard, back when I was younger I never had the luxury of abercrombie and fitch or nike shox like the cool, rich kids; so now I take care of my shoes and to me they represent a status symbol to at least let me know many people have it much harder than me.  So the things I do have I take care of.  Still dont have a pair of Taxis though. 
frown.gif

Back in 96/97 I witnessed Jordan dominate the basketball world and I loved watching him play and when they had some closeups on the bench I saw them, the Air Jordan XII Taxi.  I was about 10 at the time and had only owned Wal-Mart kicks for my entire life.  I never was into the shoe game as I am now but in 2002 I saw the first pair that I needed, the
Air Jordan XVII.  Eventually in 2003 I found a pair on eBay back when it was fresh and fair.  They were used and I spent half my paycheck, a whole $60 and some change on them.  From my standards today they were probably a 5/10 but I was beyond pumped back when I got them.  I beat the snot out of them for a year and then I tried out for my high school team in them and I was skating everywhere.  Everyone else had some new sneaks but I still managed to make it on to the team.  Since then I have held kicks in high regard, back when I was younger I never had the luxury of abercrombie and fitch or nike shox like the cool, rich kids; so now I take care of my shoes and to me they represent a status symbol to at least let me know many people have it much harder than me.  So the things I do have I take care of.  Still dont have a pair of Taxis though. 
frown.gif

I watched all my friends get their annual $100+ Jordans.  My mom wouldnt buy them for me, so I had to wait until I was older.  I ended up buying my first pair at the Nike factory store for $60!!!!  They were the white royal 18's. 
pimp.gif
  I just stared at them for days.  30 pairs later, those are still sitting deadstock in my closet!

I watched all my friends get their annual $100+ Jordans.  My mom wouldnt buy them for me, so I had to wait until I was older.  I ended up buying my first pair at the Nike factory store for $60!!!!  They were the white royal 18's. 
pimp.gif
  I just stared at them for days.  30 pairs later, those are still sitting deadstock in my closet!

Bordeaux VII's when I was in 3rd grade. The family made a trip to Kings Plaza ( we are from queens) and we got lost getting there. i want to say I got them from Buster Browns, but I was 8 so I don't really remember. Jordan's were a mystery to me as a little kid. I'd see some of the older kids with them on at school and I would be amazed by them. My older bro even had the IV's, but I didn't know what J's really were until the VI's dropped. that's about it

Bordeaux VII's when I was in 3rd grade. The family made a trip to Kings Plaza ( we are from queens) and we got lost getting there. i want to say I got them from Buster Browns, but I was 8 so I don't really remember. Jordan's were a mystery to me as a little kid. I'd see some of the older kids with them on at school and I would be amazed by them. My older bro even had the IV's, but I didn't know what J's really were until the VI's dropped. that's about it

Summer of '98 (Right before Sophomore yr of High School) --> Black/ Red 13's

My first job (manual labor) included yard work, light construction, clean up, etc. Bought those j's a month after release with my first paycheck at Footaction in the Poughkeepsie Galleria. My parents thought that was crazy to spend $150 on some shoes (and also use my whole paycheck).

I hooped in those til there was a hole in the sole. I still have them somewhere.

I bought the '04 Retroes but this time around they get light duty. They're deep in the rotation.

Can't wait for the white/ red 13's and playoffs to drop.

Summer of '98 (Right before Sophomore yr of High School) --> Black/ Red 13's

My first job (manual labor) included yard work, light construction, clean up, etc. Bought those j's a month after release with my first paycheck at Footaction in the Poughkeepsie Galleria. My parents thought that was crazy to spend $150 on some shoes (and also use my whole paycheck).

I hooped in those til there was a hole in the sole. I still have them somewhere.

I bought the '04 Retroes but this time around they get light duty. They're deep in the rotation.

Can't wait for the white/ red 13's and playoffs to drop.

Ya'll are mega young. Its nothing tho, but my first joints were OG playoff VIIIs in the Spring of 1993. I was in second grade and I played a lot of Street Fighter II. That is all. Bronx Up.
smokin.gif

Ya'll are mega young. Its nothing tho, but my first joints were OG playoff VIIIs in the Spring of 1993. I was in second grade and I played a lot of Street Fighter II. That is all. Bronx Up.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by TaskforcePlus2

smokin.gif

lol nice.

i'm older than you though. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TaskforcePlus2

smokin.gif

lol nice.

i'm older than you though. 
pimp.gif

Steel X's in the 2nd grade. My uncle bought them for me after I made the honor roll. Size 9.5 Men's haha. I had no idea what they were back then, I didn't get into Jordans until 6th grade with the black/red XIII's.

Steel X's in the 2nd grade. My uncle bought them for me after I made the honor roll. Size 9.5 Men's haha. I had no idea what they were back then, I didn't get into Jordans until 6th grade with the black/red XIII's.

Jordan XII taxis and the white/red ones in 1st grade, dont really have a story i just remember that i really wanted the obsidians but they didnt make em in small sizes
ohwell.gif

Jordan XII taxis and the white/red ones in 1st grade, dont really have a story i just remember that i really wanted the obsidians but they didnt make em in small sizes
ohwell.gif

OG XIV's last shots about 7 years ago, the bro had em on ice and gave em to me for provincial finals..(im canadian hehe) still have em, and still love em to death !

OG XIV's last shots about 7 years ago, the bro had em on ice and gave em to me for provincial finals..(im canadian hehe) still have em, and still love em to death !

Raptor 7 in 92', man I was only 6. Felt just like Mike would run around jumping like I was dunking, good memories..

Raptor 7 in 92', man I was only 6. Felt just like Mike would run around jumping like I was dunking, good memories..

Back
Top Bottom