Which J's are you waiting to be retroed so you can get OUT of the shoe game?

Pretty please, with right shade and size of elephant print.  And Nike Air goes without saying.

aj3.jpg

I'm closing in at the point of my life now that collecting/wearing Air Jordans is not what it used to be. I mean as mentioned, we get shoddy quality, price increases, and at times risking our livelihood to obtain something as realistically insignificant as a pair of shoes (Concord XI).

I'm tired of the hassle and my interest has waned quite a bit over the last couple of years when I started to realize that this retro craze has been Jordan Brand's way of extorting us. I did pick up all of the OG colorways of the III's last year, Bordeaux VII's (a childhood favorite), Wolf Grey V's, and the Playoff XIII's....and my lady picked up the Concord XI's for me overseas....since it was beyond mayhem trying to pick up a pair anyplace else including online...

Obviously this is good news for those still intrigued with Jordan Brand products when someone is contemplating leaving the "game". But with over 150 shoes roughly, most of which don't get worn that much if at all (ds)...I'm preparing for a very drastic decline in the amount of Jordan's I buy...Chicago X's and Playoff XII's are the only Jordans really I'm fully interested in.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

I'm closing in at the point of my life now that collecting/wearing Air Jordans is not what it used to be. I mean as mentioned, we get shoddy quality, price increases, and at times risking our livelihood to obtain something as realistically insignificant as a pair of shoes (Concord XI).

I'm tired of the hassle and my interest has waned quite a bit over the last couple of years when I started to realize that this retro craze has been Jordan Brand's way of extorting us. I did pick up all of the OG colorways of the III's last year, Bordeaux VII's (a childhood favorite), Wolf Grey V's, and the Playoff XIII's....and my lady picked up the Concord XI's for me overseas....since it was beyond mayhem trying to pick up a pair anyplace else including online...

Obviously this is good news for those still intrigued with Jordan Brand products when someone is contemplating leaving the "game". But with over 150 shoes roughly, most of which don't get worn that much if at all (ds)...I'm preparing for a very drastic decline in the amount of Jordan's I buy...Chicago X's and Playoff XII's are the only Jordans really I'm fully interested in.
I'm in the exact boat as you. I pretty much obtain all my grails with the exception to the Titanium 23's (I'll guess I'm not getting those based on the prices
sick.gif
). After 2012, it appears that I'm pretty much done. Or if anything, I'll buy between 1-2 Air Jordan's a year. All I need is City Series 10's and Sport Blue 6's, Maroon 6's and Black toe 1's to release in "High Top" this time. 
I'll still buy the obsidian and playoff 12's (I have both OG's). Chicago 10's (about time
pimp.gif
), military 4's (I did not buy the 2006 pair), white cement 4's (still have the 1999's) and columbia 11's (have 2 pairs of the 2001's). It just came down to a point that JB is re-releasing everything again which is good for those who did not have the previous retros.

Just like you, I have about the same amount of sneakers as you have. Although, I wore about 60% of my collection, I do not wear Jordan's as much as I used to since 2005. The reason for the shoes that I have DS is for the doubles that I have in my collection and some of them I did not just get around to.

i cant decide on wat pair of Xs, but im only getting one pair of those, XIIs are my favorite so im probably going to get all of the cws for that, and i MIGHT get teh cement 4s, are the black 4s coming out? if so then those and them im out for good, not to mention my style is changin the more and more i shop, not even into name brands, but jb is gettin out of hand with the pricing and i will be spending my money elsewhere

Originally Posted by slickp42189

i cant decide on wat pair of Xs, but im only getting one pair of those, XIIs are my favorite so im probably going to get all of the cws for that, and i MIGHT get teh cement 4s, are the black 4s coming out? if so then those and them im out for good, not to mention my style is changin the more and more i shop, not even into name brands, but jb is gettin out of hand with the pricing and i will be spending my money elsewhere
Chicago X's my friend. That's all you need right there.

Also, I left out another shoe that I'm gonna want when retroed (especially if they come with the briefcase). If they're more than the orignial $200 price tag then forget it:

air-jordan-xvii-white-varsity-red-charcoal.jpg

i technically will not be out but i just wouldnt buy any as often as i did back in the day..all i need is SEPTEMBER(not sport blue???) BLUE 6s, OLYMPIC 6s and WHITE AND NAVY 16s.. once this happens ill just be copping for my twin boys.. thatll be the only way ill stay in the game..LOL..

^^It is officially Sport Blue VI, despite the bastardized use of September due to people misinterpreting the acronym on the box. Those would be amazing to see retro'd honestly but so would midsole swapping some clean OGs.

It's kinda a strange question to me cuz whatever doesn't retro, I'll just buy the oldest, wearable pair I can find, be it OG or first retro depending on the case. Knocked off 1992 Playoff VIIs, 2002s as well this year, OG & 2001 Playoff XIs, OG Playoff, Taxi & Flu Game XIIs as well as an '04 pair of Playoffs, 2000 Fire Red Vs, Infrared VIs and even landed a pair of Indiglo XIVs a week ago, along with many others in under a year.
That said, I don't rely on retros at all, due to the terrible quality & changes made. I don't hate them & buy occasionally but look forward to *some* of the new CW's over OG CW's simply because most OGs can be obtained one way or another.
Chicago X's are an exception, as finding '95s is difficult (although if I do, I'll buy em) so I'll probably end up with a pair of retros in a couple weeks. They're also literally the only X's I like. As for the '01 Royals, unless they get the Ban Hi 1 treatment with leather quality, Nike Air on the tongue and everything else, it's not worth waiting for a re-retro when '01s are attainable.

All that said, I have a grip of shoes I need before I call it quits, although nearing 100 unique pairs of J's (small potatoes compared to some in here) but I don't rely on new retros to complete my list.

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

Originally Posted by slickp42189

Chicago X's my friend. That's all you need right there.

Also, I left out another shoe that I'm gonna want when retroed (especially if they come with the briefcase). If they're more than the orignial $200 price tag then forget it:

air-jordan-xvii-white-varsity-red-charcoal.jpg
yea i like them, but not as much as everyone hypes them up to be, i already have the Xs from the cdp so idk, i might just pass on these, if the steel greys were coming out i would get those no doubt

iono if i'll ever be out of this game. Everytime i think i'll be done jordan brand hits us with another shoe i been feenin for. I hate it but i love it.

I dont think I could ever stop buying jordans but I pass on most of the new colorways and just stick with retro's

The J's I wanted to retro (white/cement III's), did.

I'm out of the "collecting J's" shoe game (no XI's, upcoming WC IV's, X's).  I, however, cop other stuff (New Balance, Saucony, etc.).  So I'm not leaving the "game" anytime yet.

Peace,
F Sharp005

You guys are mistaken. There is no escape I've tried time and again to get out and now over 400 pairs being married with kids and all and i still cannot get out. I've actually brought my family IN so now I gotta cop me and my daughters and wife !!!! Smh it only gets worse with time guys so don't even think about getting out. I must say tho I now only cop what I like not what is hot and new right now. So I guess we never get out just mature in the game.

Coming up on 33 soon and joining the Air Force as an Officer has me rearranging my priorities a great deal.  Add to that the fact that I am getting married soon and have a daughter plus a few more kids planned in the future (healthy and happy God willing), I'm ready to get out.
I pretty much have everything I have ever wanted and then some, so very grateful for that.  There are however a few more kicks I desire and once I have them I will basically be done with "collecting."

The ones I still would like to have to round everything out are (and to my joy the majority of them are being retrod in the next year):

Chicago X's

White Cement IV's

Playoff XII's

Aqua VIII's

Charcoal "Raptor" VII's (will only purchase the upcoming retro if they resemble the 2002 retro)

New York X's

CDP V's

That's it.  I don't really even care if I don't end up with them all eventually.  I'd rather be saving that money and buy some suits and clothing and dress shoes.  Treat my kids and my wife.  Travel.  Keep up the maintenance on my car, get a new Mac etc etc...

Nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel for sure tho...
laugh.gif

I won't get out of the shoe game but I would love the maroon 6's. I had the og's when I was in 6th grade and I loved them.

grape Vs, Olive 9s(otherwise i hate 9s), aqua 8s, gucci 1s, college blue 17s, bred 19s, of course columbias

Word life...

Patiently waiting for the OG rendition of the Infrared sixes.

Then im done like lumber.

Man... can't wait for the 3m and nubuck to percolate the landscape of the 6's, not the
travesty of releases that 2010 saw.

I ain't ginuwine, but i was SO ANXIOUs... i had to turn my pair of Laker sixes and voila:

Infralake 6 just for kicks :tongue:

If the retros are done right i will sweep up what i mixed but as far as the new jordans go im good on those

Back
Top Bottom