Why did you and your ex break up?

Once I realized the type of person she really was, I was disgusted, couldn't believe how I fell for someone like that
Did everything exactly opposite of what I asked/expected, acted like she cared about my opinion, constantly lied to get her way, etc.

+!** her, I already met a GOOD girl
grin.gif

Honestly, I don't know.

It was long distance, but not that far away. She claimed that was difficult for her, with her still being in school and all.

Honestly, I just think she lost feelings. But I will never know because she tried to hard to protect my feelings when I would confront her on the subject.

I'm pretty sure she's moved on...I totally haven't. She was a good girl and had a lot of qualities that I look for in a woman.

But that is the game.

I did everything I could do in my power to respect her, be with her whenever I could, etc.

However, one thing that I think may have played a big factor in the break up was my unhappiness, negativity and anxiety, not towards her, but towards the rest of my life. I need to make serious changes about how I live,  but it's hard to do. even harder when you thought you had someone there for you but one day that just up and leave.

Well, we were at an arcade. She spent about an hour looking in this huge tube of beads that you span around. It was full of red and yellow beads and there was ONE purple bead. They were tiny. Next to it, it said there was a 1/1,000,000 chance of finding this purple bead. So she's looking, and looking, and looking. I walk up, innocently, and in seconds flat, I just happened to find it. Not braggin, i just got lucky.
Well, I've never seen anyone throw such a hissy fit. Huge fight ensued, as i drove her home she got out the car. I kept it moving and didnt look back.
Dated for 11 months.

Breaking up over the one in millionth bead
laugh.gif

Seriously though, best bead to ever happen to me.

Originally Posted by IluvJordanXI

She was promiscuous.
Too Clingy
a habitual liar
Annoying
Untrustworthy
lack intelligence
My ex was downright not right for me. We shared nothing in common but she was cute and that was it.

Originally Posted by FuzzyRobot

Well, we were at an arcade. She spent about an hour looking in this huge tube of beads that you span around. It was full of red and yellow beads and there was ONE purple bead. They were tiny. Next to it, it said there was a 1/1,000,000 chance of finding this purple bead. So she's looking, and looking, and looking. I walk up, innocently, and in seconds flat, I just happened to find it. Not braggin, i just got lucky.
Well, I've never seen anyone throw such a hissy fit. Huge fight ensued, as i drove her home she got out the car. I kept it moving and didnt look back.
Dated for 11 months.

Breaking up over the one in millionth bead
laugh.gif

Seriously though, best bead to ever happen to me.

roll.gif

roll.gif

Mine's got a bit of a story behind it. But I had really wanted to see Shutter Island when it came out and my girl did not want to see it at all and wanted nothing to do with it. My friend who was a girl wrote on facebook about seeing it, next day my girl say's she'll see it with me....
eyes.gif
I think I know what happened there. So I see it with her and I wanted to see it again, she didn't like it, so I knew not to even ask her. The friend who is a girl asked me to go and my girl was in class so I thought why not. Of course I didn't tell her cause she would get mad. But I had NEVER done anything with this other girl, she was almost like a sister to me at the time. Of course she hated my girl tho cause she was kind of crazy and always accused me and her of being more than just friends, so she made her status that she was at the movies with me. Hey when my girl asked what I was doing I didn't lie
roll.gif
I still don't think I did anything wrong but oh well, we were together for 3 years too.

The ironic part is she started dating this other guy like 3 months later, and then I saw on facebook she went to see a movie with this other guy I know while in the relationship..... damn hypocrite

I needed to break up with her, but then she got pregnant.

She got that pill that is pretty much the abortion pill (she was drinking so.....)

after that i stuck around to comfort her, she went through rough times.

then she cheated on me (saw it coming)

got hurt, and moved on

she still hits me up, and honestly wouldnt mind smashn and skeeting all over here face (semi srs)

but im with a better girls now ...

broke up about 8months ago

Originally Posted by Cole World

I needed to break up with her, but then she got pregnant.

She got that pill that is pretty much the abortion pill (she was drinking so.....)

after that i stuck around to comfort her, she went through rough times.

then she cheated on me (saw it coming)

got hurt, and moved on

she still hits me up, and honestly wouldnt mind smashn and skeeting all over here face (semi srs)

but im with a better girls now ...

broke up about 8months ago

It's scary how much this sounds EXACTLY like my friends situation. I had to check some of your other posts to make sure you weren't him
roll.gif
by the look of the best song from Cudi I can confirm you are indeed a different person.
roll.gif

She wouldn't give me a masssage
She had manly hands
She ate one pea at a time
She likes the commercial I hated

1st love,managed to stay together 3 yrs, then she moved away,she fell for sum dude,she visited,i smashed,she claimed she loved other dude yet still let me smash couple times, later found out she !!!%+% like 5 other dudes, relized she a $$#$*, moved on

Originally Posted by What up

For the dudes whose girlfriends cheated on them, how did you find out?

at this point she had moved away to a different state.so i hit her up one day and her mom picks up. i ask for her. shes like "watch out or this guy **** is gonna take her from you" i confronted on who that was. 1st she claimed it was just a "friend". which is what EVERY GIRL says when they get caught. eventually she felt like it was more serious wit tat other dude than me so she walked. worst part is that she wasnt even the one who told me bout this dude. had to hear it from her mom
30t6p3b.gif

this happend like 3 yrs ago and to this day she still hits me up and still lets me smash and stuff. basically i think this girl really dnt know what she wants or she just a w.h.o..r..e idk man this chick really likes to f.u.u.c.k. wit my head so now i just keep it like watevers. she looks good tho

she got pregant by somebody else while i was deployed!! lol glad she messed up and not me... still begs me to take her back W T F lol... with someone better now!!!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JayzOnMyToes

she got pregant by somebody else while i was deployed!! lol glad she messed up and not me... still begs me to take her back W T F lol... with someone better now!!!
pimp.gif

this actually happened to some guy i knew. only he already had a kid wit her. he married her tho regardless, and now takes care of both kids. and if only he knew what she still does wen she goes out wit her girls
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Ernesto4

Originally Posted by JayzOnMyToes

pimp.gif

this actually happened to some guy i knew. only he already had a kid wit her. he married her tho regardless, and now takes care of both kids. and if only he knew what she still does wen she goes out wit her girls
eyes.gif

yea i heard of someone doing that too but i refuse to put myself in that situation... i dont know what guys be thinking when they still chose to stay with ol girl...
ohwell.gif

happens all the time when we are deployed and when we down in iraq/afghan the married women be still getting it in down there.. regardless where you at in the military if yall split for 15 months most likely one of yall or both finna be smangin someone else...
tired.gif
 you gotta stay strong in that situation  

Real talk I feel as tho this has turned out to be one of NT's best threads, pure honesty in here... with that said:
I started noticing the fact that she would call a lot of my boys "Cute", may not be a big deal to some, but this started out of nowhere though... One day me, her, and my boy were eating and I noticed her giving him that look, you know that deep intimate look that girls give (googly eyes) so I was like %%%? to myself.. She's way too flirty, and she started to use my mild insecurity to her advantage like bringing up random guys while we were having a convo that had nothing to do with them etc just to make me mad or get back at me for whatever... So I cut that ++#!$. Dont like wondering what or who my girl might REALLY be thinking about.

Originally Posted by PoloLax

Honestly, I don't know.

It was long distance, but not that far away. She claimed that was difficult for her, with her still being in school and all.

Honestly, I just think she lost feelings. But I will never know because she tried to hard to protect my feelings when I would confront her on the subject.

I'm pretty sure she's moved on...I totally haven't. She was a good girl and had a lot of qualities that I look for in a woman.

But that is the game.

I did everything I could do in my power to respect her, be with her whenever I could, etc.

However, one thing that I think may have played a big factor in the break up was my unhappiness, negativity and anxiety, not towards her, but towards the rest of my life. I need to make serious changes about how I live,  but it's hard to do. even harder when you thought you had someone there for you but one day that just up and leave.
bro i think i had the same problem also.....ive been through alot of personal issues within the last year and half that completely changed my outlook on life, i think all the negative energy pushed my girl away......
Im back on doing things i love now and trying to emit positive vibes....people like that.....

Been with my girl for 6 years but the girl before I thought was something serious, only with her for a month but then she started with the whole not picking up her phone then calling back 2 hrs later when I knew she wasn't doing anything, then she went to some party and called me but hung up so I called back she didn't answer then I called again and some dude answered and said she's busy stop calling I pretty much knew what was happening she called me back right after saying nothing is happening I dropped her a couple days later then about a week after that I found out she was cheating at that party, after I got with my girl now she was hitting me up daily giving me the whole crying bit and give me a chance deal

Depends on the ex in question you are referring to but the general answers seem to be:
Ongoing Miscommunication --> More Arguments --> Trust Issues (maybe infidelity on the side with a third party) --> Wasted Investment (Time and Money) --> Relationship becomes volatile --> Relationship Ends

Something like that.

Man reading over all this honesty got me thinking man.

Ever since I began to seriously date, I've always claimed that I didn't care about a lot of stuff when it came to females. Was never a stickler for looks (didn't ever just wife up anything tho,) and didn't really care for the material things. Rather, I placed a focus on the small things that mean a lot to me; intelligence, honesty, humor, and to find someone not obsessed by material things and beauty (girls who spend their last money on heels instead of books and wake up at 6am to do their makeup for 9am class, that's you.)

In retrospect, my last ex was all that and more. She doesn't wear makeup, buys me stuff all the time (I still need to get her a gift or two,) and puts up with a lot of my lesser qualities as a human. She looks good whether she throws on her newest, nice dress or is just kicking it with me in her sweats. Reading over all of this makes me appreciate her that much more, and I'm glad that she still rocks with me. Her best friend called me "Step brother" last week and I kinda was off put by it which reminded me of why I broke up with her in the first place, but I can't let her homegirls ruin it for her...I'mma hit her up. Thanks NT.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by Based Mod

Long distance and lack of communication (mostly on my part)

feels like it's 3.5 years of my life down the drain

Spoiler [+]
someone please put up a "i know that feel bro" pic
frown.gif

To you and every other NTr who said "all those years wasted" I have a question:
Did you seriously lose xx years of your life or do you realize a relationship is an extremely small aspect of your actual life?

You gain new experiences and knowledge every day of those 3.5 years and you're gonna say it was wasted because you didnt throw a ring on old lady?

I just can't imagine putting so much emphasis on a female that once I'm not with her anymore, those years are considered wasted??
sick.gif

ehh....i guess the "years wasted" refers more to the fact that i couldve put my resources (read: time + money) to something/one that would actually last and work out.  of course i've learned a lot throughout the years and it was fun while it lasted, so in that respect it wasn't actually time wasted. 

and i'm not saying it's time wasted because i didn't "throw a ring on old lady."  rather, it's because the relationship didn't make it to the point in which i would put a ring on it - that's the disappointing part.

this thread makes me never want to be in a relationship again.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by SlimK4

Originally Posted by PoloLax

Honestly, I don't know.

But that is the game.

bro i think i had the same problem also.....ive been through alot of personal issues within the last year and half that completely changed my outlook on life, i think all the negative energy pushed my girl away......
Im back on doing things i love now and trying to emit positive vibes....people like that.....

I understand what you are saying...but having my situation ruin a relationship with someone I wanted to be with only makes me feel even worse about myself...once again I don't entirely know if this was the case but I'm leaning towards it. I could change my life around now, which I'm trying to do, but it still won't bring her back, ya know?

But then again, if this was the case, if shes not down to ride and help me through, then what's the point of being with her ya know? We came from two totally different backgrounds. Her fam had money, mine didn't. Oh well...can't dwell in the past. She moved on, I can only hope that she is happy, and if it was meant to be it will be.
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom