Zoom Kobe VI Review Thread Vol. Better than the V?

Ok so i got my first pair of Kobes ever. I was a able to swoop up a pair of all-star vi's for a little over retail so I figured what the hell. I love the toe box as my fee are a little wide. Most of all I love the weight but the question I had was I usually wear a 10.5 and feel like an 11 was more comfy. I wore em all day today and was very happy, just need to ball in em though. I'm looking to swoop up another pair to hoop in though. What sizes are y'all going with? True or half size bigger?

true to size as these do form to your feet.... but all feet are different and i'd suggest wear socks you'd wear to hoop in and try these on, tie them as you would hooping and whatnot.... everytime i try a new hoop shoe i'll throw on my elites or double sock before trying them on at the store...

true to size as these do form to your feet.... but all feet are different and i'd suggest wear socks you'd wear to hoop in and try these on, tie them as you would hooping and whatnot.... everytime i try a new hoop shoe i'll throw on my elites or double sock before trying them on at the store...

one last thing i have to know so when i buy more kobes, i make the right decision. atm my little outside toe on both sides is a bit purple(skin) and i think it has to do with the upper putting pressure on top of it. is the shoe too small or does it fit just right? if its too small ill order a 10 for my next shoes. i know i have asked too many questions but i really have to know if it is right because i am getting more shoes.

one last thing i have to know so when i buy more kobes, i make the right decision. atm my little outside toe on both sides is a bit purple(skin) and i think it has to do with the upper putting pressure on top of it. is the shoe too small or does it fit just right? if its too small ill order a 10 for my next shoes. i know i have asked too many questions but i really have to know if it is right because i am getting more shoes.

if you're able to then go try on a 10.... but my shoes fit me pretty snug, my big toe is close to the end and when worn withn an elite sock doubled over a thin inner sock it's completely filled... but i dont have any issues of rubbing. but it might just be the width of the shoe isn't right for your foot (assuming the length is fine) so you could probably try to double sock somehow or just go up the size... everyone's feet are different so it's kind of hard to say go up or down in size.

if you're able to then go try on a 10.... but my shoes fit me pretty snug, my big toe is close to the end and when worn withn an elite sock doubled over a thin inner sock it's completely filled... but i dont have any issues of rubbing. but it might just be the width of the shoe isn't right for your foot (assuming the length is fine) so you could probably try to double sock somehow or just go up the size... everyone's feet are different so it's kind of hard to say go up or down in size.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I've torn ligaments in both of my ankles the past couple months in these shoes. They feel great and I'm not saying that they cause injury but when you DO land on somebody's foot it's going to be way worse in these than almost any other basketball shoe. It's been over a month and my ankle is still swollen. I'm looking for a midtop shoe that has really good ankle support but is also lightweight enough to not be a big change from the Kobe's....what would be a good shoe for me? I'm a point guard 6'0 160.

I'd recommend the Under Armour Black Ices, and they can be had for cheap on finishline.com right now. The medial side is cut like a mid-top so there's a good amount of ankle support, and it's a very lightweight sneaker. I'd say it has more ankle support than my KD3s, which I rolled my ankle with.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I've torn ligaments in both of my ankles the past couple months in these shoes. They feel great and I'm not saying that they cause injury but when you DO land on somebody's foot it's going to be way worse in these than almost any other basketball shoe. It's been over a month and my ankle is still swollen. I'm looking for a midtop shoe that has really good ankle support but is also lightweight enough to not be a big change from the Kobe's....what would be a good shoe for me? I'm a point guard 6'0 160.

I'd recommend the Under Armour Black Ices, and they can be had for cheap on finishline.com right now. The medial side is cut like a mid-top so there's a good amount of ankle support, and it's a very lightweight sneaker. I'd say it has more ankle support than my KD3s, which I rolled my ankle with.

Originally Posted by DNeou20

wear a thin inner sock then a thicker outter sock that's what i do....
those champs no shows are my inners then elites or a thicker sock for outter
hey! I do this too! love that plush feeling...

th3answ3r, I have wide feet. and I just order true to size. I'm a 10 in everything I have. and I'm a 10 in kobes...
just try to fit it in-store.

Originally Posted by DNeou20

wear a thin inner sock then a thicker outter sock that's what i do....
those champs no shows are my inners then elites or a thicker sock for outter
hey! I do this too! love that plush feeling...

th3answ3r, I have wide feet. and I just order true to size. I'm a 10 in everything I have. and I'm a 10 in kobes...
just try to fit it in-store.

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

so far, the VIs are better... haven't experienced the infamous traction issue...
and the comfort on these are fantastic. really soft and supportive. if you try on
your Vs after wearing these, the Vs would feel stiff all of a sudden.

the only downside to the 6s being so good is that...

they make any other shoe feel not as good now..   
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

so far, the VIs are better... haven't experienced the infamous traction issue...
and the comfort on these are fantastic. really soft and supportive. if you try on
your Vs after wearing these, the Vs would feel stiff all of a sudden.

the only downside to the 6s being so good is that...

they make any other shoe feel not as good now..   
ohwell.gif

zk6 fit really snug. but after a few wears they do break in. i wear a size 10 true to size. i was also afraid because they were a little tight. but after a few wears its okay now. going a half size up for me was a little too much room.

zk6 fit really snug. but after a few wears they do break in. i wear a size 10 true to size. i was also afraid because they were a little tight. but after a few wears its okay now. going a half size up for me was a little too much room.

I loved my Kobe VIs for the first 20 or so hours hooping in them.  Then all of a sudden the insole started crumbling on me when I would go to make a quick move or stop.  Has anyone else experienced this? Also the top layer of the insole started to peel on me pretty bad.  Also happened to me on the Lebron 8 V2s.  Since then I picked up a pair of AJ 2011s.  I'm happy with them but I definately miss the Kobe VIs, I felt a bit more explosive(light on my feet) as well as lateral movement was top notch.  Debating on trying the VIs out again with a new sock setup to avoid the previous issues.  Hoping someone has an idea why I've been having insole problems. (Shoes were laced tight, and sized correctly)

I loved my Kobe VIs for the first 20 or so hours hooping in them.  Then all of a sudden the insole started crumbling on me when I would go to make a quick move or stop.  Has anyone else experienced this? Also the top layer of the insole started to peel on me pretty bad.  Also happened to me on the Lebron 8 V2s.  Since then I picked up a pair of AJ 2011s.  I'm happy with them but I definately miss the Kobe VIs, I felt a bit more explosive(light on my feet) as well as lateral movement was top notch.  Debating on trying the VIs out again with a new sock setup to avoid the previous issues.  Hoping someone has an idea why I've been having insole problems. (Shoes were laced tight, and sized correctly)

^ to fix the peeling, i used construction glue. it will get bigger if you dont fix it. idk what 'crumbling' is

^ to fix the peeling, i used construction glue. it will get bigger if you dont fix it. idk what 'crumbling' is

By crumbling I mean when the insole totally gives way and folds on itself, the insole completely slides under your foot from the heel towards the toe

By crumbling I mean when the insole totally gives way and folds on itself, the insole completely slides under your foot from the heel towards the toe

Back
Top Bottom