Zoom Kobe VI Review Thread Vol. Better than the V?

For those that ACTUALLY played in these. Which has more traction on dustier gym floors? the translucent outsole (glass blues, duke, rice etc) or the regular rubber soles (del sol, china, concord, etc)?

^^^ I haven't played in the translucent yet, but the white/concord has great traction, to me. I play in three different gyms throughout the week and they haven't let me down on any motions or cuts. On par with IV's and I's.

^^^ I haven't played in the translucent yet, but the white/concord has great traction, to me. I play in three different gyms throughout the week and they haven't let me down on any motions or cuts. On par with IV's and I's.

i haven't played in translucent soles either, but the traction is awesome once broken in. 
my ymca floor is pretty dusty and i don't slip at all in the VI's, V's on the other hand 
frown.gif

i haven't played in translucent soles either, but the traction is awesome once broken in. 
my ymca floor is pretty dusty and i don't slip at all in the VI's, V's on the other hand 
frown.gif

You shouldn't have any problems with traction with the VI translucent or rubber.  Mine are rubber.  Seeing as the transluscent sole is a bit softer/slippery I would assume the rubber would be superior for a dusty hardwood floor.  But with this shoe, the sole design is done so well you won't slip in either.

You shouldn't have any problems with traction with the VI translucent or rubber.  Mine are rubber.  Seeing as the transluscent sole is a bit softer/slippery I would assume the rubber would be superior for a dusty hardwood floor.  But with this shoe, the sole design is done so well you won't slip in either.

Originally Posted by deftronix

I just have to agree with this. the soles are fantastic. no complains whatsoever regarding traction.
those who will say otherwise don't play enough basketball or they have been spoiled by the 2k4
or zk4. These 6s have above average traction.

I just have to agree with this. the soles are fantastic. no complains whatsoever regarding traction.
those who will say otherwise don't play enough basketball or they have been spoiled by the 2k4

Originally Posted by mastergrim8

For those that ACTUALLY played in these. Which has more traction on dustier gym floors? the translucent outsole (glass blues, duke, rice etc) or the regular rubber soles (del sol, china, concord, etc)?

i used my GBs indoor with dusty floor and i feel like im playing in blacktop. the only problem was i need to clean my shoes after playing. LOL.

Originally Posted by mastergrim8

i used my GBs indoor with dusty floor and i feel like im playing in blacktop. the only problem was i need to clean my shoes after playing. LOL.

^
would you say translucent soles have better grip? I honestly couldn't give an
opinion because I haven't played that much in my ASGs...

^
would you say translucent soles have better grip? I honestly couldn't give an
opinion because I haven't played that much in my ASGs...

Hows the Zoom heel cushioning on the VI ? Are they better than the IV? Just asking because I sprained my left heel pretty bad in the IVs a year ago. Thanks.

Hows the Zoom heel cushioning on the VI ? Are they better than the IV? Just asking because I sprained my left heel pretty bad in the IVs a year ago. Thanks.

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

Those are the only two options?  People play in all types of different courts/conditions, and have different standards for "good" traction.

Those are the only two options?  People play in all types of different courts/conditions, and have different standards for "good" traction.

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

if it makes you feel better, insert whatever shoe you want and understand that what I meant by everything I said
was that the 6s have good traction. can't believe that's what you got from what I said.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Buck Fitty

heel cushioning is fine. the zk4 has a softer cushioning than these but the 6s feel more stable when playing. hope that helps.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by DeezyVSOP

if it makes you feel better, insert whatever shoe you want and understand that what I meant by everything I said
was that the 6s have good traction. can't believe that's what you got from what I said.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Buck Fitty

heel cushioning is fine. the zk4 has a softer cushioning than these but the 6s feel more stable when playing. hope that helps.
smile.gif

I don't need anything to make me feel better.

I just think it's a little unreasonable to say that if someone else says the Kobe VI's don't have good traction, it means they don't play enough basketball. That's what I got from what you said, pardon me if I'm wrong.

I don't need anything to make me feel better.

I just think it's a little unreasonable to say that if someone else says the Kobe VI's don't have good traction, it means they don't play enough basketball. That's what I got from what you said, pardon me if I'm wrong.

^
because the zk6's soles NEED to be broken in before they
perform well. So if you don't play enough basketball in them,
you'll probably get a less than satisfactory performance
traction-wise after a single game. My zk6s SQUEAK even
on a dirty floor. It was the worst floor I've played on- heavy dust, slippery weathered cement and peeling paint. but it squeaked all game
and gripped the floor like crazy.

I think it's reasonable for someone to play in a shoe first for
2 weeks of ball before they troll around. Have you played in
the 6s? Because I've played 3 REAL games in them including
a bunch of practices and pick up games. scruffed up and dirty
as hell.

^
because the zk6's soles NEED to be broken in before they
perform well. So if you don't play enough basketball in them,
you'll probably get a less than satisfactory performance
traction-wise after a single game. My zk6s SQUEAK even
on a dirty floor. It was the worst floor I've played on- heavy dust, slippery weathered cement and peeling paint. but it squeaked all game
and gripped the floor like crazy.

I think it's reasonable for someone to play in a shoe first for
2 weeks of ball before they troll around. Have you played in
the 6s? Because I've played 3 REAL games in them including
a bunch of practices and pick up games. scruffed up and dirty
as hell.

Back
Top Bottom