People with anxiety or panic attacks ....

SupremeBeing5 SupremeBeing5 honestly I'd try talking to randos more to desensitize yourself from talkin to people u don't know

It's in our brains to be anxious like that sometimes because 100s of years ago it would be dangerous to approach unfamiliar tribes

Maybe just getting used to sparking convo with complete strangers will get over ur anxious mind

Just a thought

A good therapy that a lot of doctors will do to treat social anxiety disorder is force yourself into situations that you fear. Over and over and over again. I knew someone where their doctor would actually take them out to the street and have them walk up to random strangers and start a conversation.

You have to face these anxious situations head on. It takes a long time but it does help.

SupremeBeing5 SupremeBeing5 honestly I'd try talking to randos more to desensitize yourself from talkin to people u don't know

It's in our brains to be anxious like that sometimes because 100s of years ago it would be dangerous to approach unfamiliar tribes

Maybe just getting used to sparking convo with complete strangers will get over ur anxious mind

Just a thought

That's true. We've also become so accustomed to interacting via social media, text, and e-mail. The human interaction factor is almost non-existent compared to when we were younger. That can't be good...

im not bad at holding convos with strangers. I can do it since I do it all the time. It's just being in a group of people.

I got it bad. What recommendations. I need natural way or even medications.

I also have this as well, definitely in large crowds and going into public places I’ve never been before. I’ve had to sit in my car for upwards of an hour just to calm myself down :smh:

Weed def doesn’t help with this. Main reason why I stopped and never looked back.

im not bad at holding convos with strangers. I can do it since I do it all the time. It's just being in a group of people.

I got it bad. What recommendations. I need natural way or even medications.

Go to a doctor and get a referral to a psychiatrist.

Weed def doesn’t help with this. Main reason why I stopped and never looked back.

Weed made my anxiety 100 x worse. I won't touch the **** ever again. It's way too strong nowadays.

Go to a doctor and get a referral to a psychiatrist.

Weed made my anxiety 100 x worse. I won't touch the **** ever again. It's way too strong nowadays.

Agreed there is no median with todays weed....Sour Diesal is just way too strong....paranoia and anxiety out the roof

I’m on 2mg a day of Xanax.
For some reason it is more effective when I take the whole 2mg in one go.. I’d be good for 24 hrs.
Than taking 0.5 four times throughout the day.

But then again, could just be my mind playing tricks on me.

There is your average everyday feelings of anxiety and there is actual anxiety/panic disorder.

With average anxiety you will get a nervous feeling before going into a job interview. Maybe some sweaty palms etc.

With anxiety/panic disorder you can get dizzy spells and/or a feeling like you can't get a breath for no reason at all. Even can feel like a huge weight is on your chest. You get a feeling of doom like something bad is happening. It can all be brought on by nothing at all. In fact people with anxiety/panic disorder can wake up in the middle of the night having a panic attack.

Got you.

Makes sense.

Can average anxiety jusy develop out of p nowhere? I swear mine jusy started last year and I have no clue where it came from

Got you.

Makes sense.

Can average anxiety jusy develop out of p nowhere? I swear mine jusy started last year and I have no clue where it came from

Yup it can. I had anxiety/panic disorder as a kid but i didn't know what it was back then. When i turned 18 it went away. Then in my 20's i was smoking a bit of weed and one day i had a panic attack and it triggered it again instantly that night. It took a few years for it to go away and i still have a very mild form of it.

Medicine and/or a CBT course helps. That's it.

That "dare" book that I purchased on amazon helped me a lot..It kinda teaches you to understand that it's ok to be anxious and have anxiety but to always remember that you're in control of it and not the anxiety itself..Yesterday I went to cash this check and the place ended up being crowded so by the time I got to the front of the line they were taking their sweet time and I felt like everybody that was there was staring at me.. my heart started to beat extremely fast and normally it would send me into severe panic mode but just based off reading from that book that I purchased I was in a rather calm mood as I was in control of the anxiety and I allowed myself to be in an anxious state but be the one in control of it because I knew it was only anxiety and I wasn't about to die or pass out which is what most of us think when we're having an anxiety attack.. it's a really good book and I highly recommend it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0956596258/?tag=niketalk0e-20

Oh and I'm not one hundred percent cured of anxiety I don't think anybody will ever be cured but it helps you to cope with certain situations and there are still situations that I have yet to put myself in due to the thoughts in the back of my mind but I'm still working towards those because it's a process.. I'm really hoping and wishing that everybody here gets a clear smooth peace of mind..many blessings my friends!!!

Man, I used to get bad anxiety in social situations. I couldn't fly for the longest, I didn't like crossing bridges, taking elevators, I hated heights. Basically, best thing for me is taking control of your mind and the situation. You need to keep experiencing the what gives you anxiety and control it, be logical about it, control your nervous sytem response, because there is nothing logical about the anxiety, just need to strenghten your mind and contol your body's response.

That "dare" book that I purchased on amazon helped me a lot..It kinda teaches you to understand that it's ok to be anxious and have anxiety but to always remember that you're in control of it and not the anxiety itself..Yesterday I went to cash this check and the place ended up being crowded so by the time I got to the front of the line they were taking their sweet time and I felt like everybody that was there was staring at me.. my heart started to beat extremely fast and normally it would send me into severe panic mode but just based off reading from that book that I purchased I was in a rather calm mood as I was in control of the anxiety and I allowed myself to be in an anxious state but be the one in control of it because I knew it was only anxiety and I wasn't about to die or pass out which is what most of us think when we're having an anxiety attack.. it's a really good book and I highly recommend it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0956596258/?tag=niketalk0e-20

**** every time I order at Food at a packed place I be having it mildly. I don't turn around to look at anyone. I just be on my phone. I lie and say my name is Mike since it's quicker and they'll understand me. I said it about a month ago and someone I knew yelled "he's lying his names not Mike." Than it went from mild to extreme. I turned around to see who it was and everyone was looking at me like "why is he lying about his name." At this point I pulled out my credit card and now my neck is stiff, and hands shaking. She looks at the credit card and smiles "omg he really is lying (in her head)" and hands it back to me. The dude who yelled it was my brothers friend. I had to lie how I changed my name to Michaelangelo now. Now I gotta go change my name legally to it just so people don't know Inhavr social anxiety. I'm gonna try those medications though. Only thing is it says you'll have low libido. I don't want my meat to shrink.

"he's lying his names not Mike."

The dude who yelled it was my brothers friend. I had to lie how I changed my name to Michaelangelo now. Now I gotta go change my name legally to it just so people don't know Inhavr social anxiety.

I'm gonna try those medications though. Only thing is it says you'll have low libido. I don't want my meat to shrink.

First off, this is hilarious. (You have to find the humor in it).

As for the libido it only effects a small group but if it does you can just switch to a different pill. Also it doesn't make it can shrink but it can lower your sex drive and/or it can take you awhile to finish.

First off, this is hilarious. (You have to find the humor in it).

As for the libido it only effects a small group but if it does you can just switch to a different pill. Also it doesn't make it can shrink but it can lower your sex drive and/or it can take you awhile to finish.

Yeah but killing sex drive is erectile distinction.

**** every time I order at Food at a packed place I be having it mildly. I don't turn around to look at anyone. I just be on my phone. I lie and say my name is Mike since it's quicker and they'll understand me. I said it about a month ago and someone I knew yelled "he's lying his names not Mike." Than it went from mild to extreme. I turned around to see who it was and everyone was looking at me like "why is he lying about his name." At this point I pulled out my credit card and now my neck is stiff, and hands shaking. She looks at the credit card and smiles "omg he really is lying (in her head)" and hands it back to me. The dude who yelled it was my brothers friend. I had to lie how I changed my name to Michaelangelo now. Now I gotta go change my name legally to it just so people don't know Inhavr social anxiety. I'm gonna try those medications though. Only thing is it says you'll have low libido. I don't want my meat to shrink.

I get it to some degree in crowded places too. Places like Chipotle where there are people behind you in front of you, beside you, young, old. I'm also on the taller side at 6'3" so I feel like I stick out in general and have insecurities that in my mind I think people pick up on, even though in reality no one cares.

I was the type of dude who throughout high school and college sat in the back corner of the room so everyone and everything was in front of me. Ridiculous thinking back. I probably should have done things blatantly out of my comfort zone instead of skating through the best ages of my life in my "safe zone." It's honestly probably created a whole slew of different issues.

I think sometimes we have to just say "F---k it." We are what we are. Definitely easier said than done. I think what we have in common is that WE CARE TOO MUCH. Or we're perfectionists. Afraid of failing or even being judged. That makes adopting the "F--k it" mentality that much harder. It's not in our nature. We can't change our way of thinking overnight. It's a battle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom