Beats by Dre Appreciation

Originally Posted by PRIME

Hm... The classic technology debate. I smell a xbox vs 360/droid vs iphone/ sennheiser vs beats thread.

How original.

Xbox v 360 debate.  That would be original.

Closed headphones such as the Beats are inherently inferior in sound quality due to their design compared to open headphones.  The sound becomes trapped inside the can which bounces the waves off your head back at the speakers.  Unable to escape, the waves then interfere with the incoming waves which causes distortion of the sound.  The advantage of closed cans of course is outside sounds are dampened and typically restricts leakage (though the Beats do leak a lot).

dudes in here talking about "if price werent a factor", " igot these for an awesome discount" make absolutely no sense, it's obvious that price is the only factor for you guys, when you should focusing on more pressing issues. Considering the fact that you're buying headphones would make me assume that you'd take into consideration, sound quality, quality of build, durability, comfort, fit, weight, type of bass response, preferred range of frequencies, sound leak, preferred brightness...but the fact that one of you claim that tbeats are better than sound cancelling headphones brings to light what kind of consumers dre/monster markets to

95% of beats users probably dont know the difference between sound isolation or sound cancellation, hell, they probably don't even know what The Chronic is.

these headphones suck. i've had in ears and over the ears. they are just a brand of hype

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

got my studios on right now anyone who says anything negatively is honestly dumb. beats are better than noise cancelling headphones and many of those listed as "better for the same price"

i recommend listening to otis / n in paris with any headphones and then with beats. it's like a new song.
HOOOOOOLD UP

Did you really just say this? Like for real?

30t6p3b.gif

Son said they are better than a whole STYLE of headphone? WOOOOOOOW

I just....nevermind
30t6p3b.gif
my man i tested other headphones they are two different experiences. I was in awe the first time I heard noise cancelling headphones and creating pure silence except for the music. I love the bass i can jam a lot more than with noise cancelling ones i've heard. though you are correct that it was dumb to group an entire style of headphones and compare it to beats. everyone is acting like beats are no different than headphones you get with an ipod or something
laugh.gif
like beats don't have a distinct sound, an amazing bass, etc. it's just "you wasted money beats suck, you just bought em cause they're cool" mind your own pocket.

If it sounds amazing to them and they wanna justify spending 10x what it is worth then let them live.

But in reality beats are NOWHERE near worth their retail price. You can put them on the same level as other $30-$50 range head/earphones.

It isn't that people are being "hipsters" hating on them. Go to any audiophile site or ask anyone who knows anything about head/earphones and you'll get the same response: "you can get MUCH better for the price of beats."
They are decent head/earphones with bass but don't praise them like they're the best thing ever. They are pretty much just an over hyped fashion statement. I've seen posts on other forums of people asking where to buy fake ones just so they can be seen wearing them.

If you want a better alternative just look up Sennheiser, pretty much everything they make is better. Best bang for you buck.

BTW theres no such thing as Sennheiser vs Beats....... beats is no where near their level

Can I point one thing out? The Studio Beats are noise cancelling so I'm not sure where that argument is coming from.

And for reference I do own the Studio Beats but use my Sennheiser 598s unless I need the noise cancelling for something.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

got my studios on right now anyone who says anything negatively is honestly dumb. beats are better than noise cancelling headphones and many of those listed as "better for the same price"

i recommend listening to otis / n in paris with any headphones and then with beats. it's like a new song.
HOOOOOOLD UP

Did you really just say this? Like for real?

30t6p3b.gif

Son said they are better than a whole STYLE of headphone? WOOOOOOOW

I just....nevermind
30t6p3b.gif
my man i tested other headphones they are two different experiences. I was in awe the first time I heard noise cancelling headphones and creating pure silence except for the music. I love the bass i can jam a lot more than with noise cancelling ones i've heard. though you are correct that it was dumb to group an entire style of headphones and compare it to beats. everyone is acting like beats are no different than headphones you get with an ipod or something
laugh.gif
like beats don't have a distinct sound, an amazing bass, etc. it's just "you wasted money beats suck, you just bought em cause they're cool" mind your own pocket.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by 2SeatPort

Dudes here be arguing over the $100 + headphone market

to listen to 128kbps Audio files

but Echoes of Silence is 320kbps tho
grin.gif

the disappoint in this thread is strong.

there's a solid group of knowledgable audio heads on NT that go out of their way to help forum members make educated purchases, i just dont get it sometimes.

god, im too hipster

Any Nters have the Sennheiser HD 280s
I have had previous experience with two of sennheisers more base models

Pic for reference

8e616469c8c4f321841875ddec1152c3af24b813_r.jpg

Just got some solos for Christmas.
They're
pimp.gif
so far don't see all the hate.
Don't know why dudes on here are always worried about how others spend their money.

Originally Posted by wcghost

if you're going to bag on Beats by Dre, at least provide a decent alternative.

Agree...I'm in the market for some good over the ear headphones, and I'm pretty ignorant on the topic.

I use two pairs of studios for reference, they are definitely good reference headphones, especially for width and definition. The bass response isn't flat enough but that's not why I use them.

Only reason I really dislike them - They're so brittle
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackelford

Any Nters have the Sennheiser HD 280s
I have had previous experience with two of sennheisers more base models

Pic for reference

8e616469c8c4f321841875ddec1152c3af24b813_r.jpg
They are amazing considering how cheap they are. Sennheisers lower / middle range headphones are always good bang for your buck.

I just rock with the SkullCandy's or Sony's earbuds, <$10. I just wear mine to hoop and workout in, and there's a chance they could be stolen ot get hit by a ball or get tangled in my arm and rip the cord or pull them off, stolen when not in use so no need for me to pay up in the 150+ range, not to mention like someone above said, we're talking about 64 or 128 mbps ripped mp3s primarily. But Ludacris just released a line called Soul too.

http://www.soulbyludacris.com/

Bought these when they were posted on NT for crazy low prices. Needless to say they suck and I got them for a "steal". They also broke after about 10 light uses smh. Will never get another pair no matter how cheap. (HD Solos)

Back
Top Bottom