Beats by Dre Appreciation

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

Just got some solos for Christmas.
They're
pimp.gif
so far don't see all the hate.
Don't know why dudes on here are always worried about how others spend their money.

durability is my main issue with them. ive owned 2 different models and both times the the right earphone stopped working within 3-4 months. 
and unfortunately, my situation is not an isolated one as the majority of owners have had similar issues.

I respect you OP for admitting that they are a pointless, overpriced, stunt motivated piece of trash.

well in the midst of all of this can anyone recommend some good Sennheiser earbuds?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by kiendienn

Originally Posted by Sequan

What would you guys say are the best in ear headphones

depends on what your budget is and what you consider best

JH16s, but I don't think you would want to spend $1000+ on one, but yeah it's pretty much budget because it's pretty much a you can get these for x price, but for a little more you can get better sounding ones. I tried the beats in stores, I don't think they're that good at all, but more someone who wants a more bass heavy set of headphones I can see why one would get it, I like more neutral sounding headphones.

earbuds are garbage in general and they build up ear wax in your ears....they usually short and you'll lose sound in one ear bud eventually

the Beats sound good...period...it arguable if they are the best for their price...how come nobody has provided an comparable alternative?

people screaming that they're overpriced...its 2012 for crying out loud...everything is overpriced...

I have these and they work great...I thought the Beats would be a quality buy though...300 is pushin it...but they sound good...simple.

Originally Posted by Milkman Dead

Originally Posted by wcghost

if you're going to bag on Beats by Dre, at least provide a decent alternative.

Agree...I'm in the market for some good over the ear headphones, and I'm pretty ignorant on the topic.

This.

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Originally Posted by scoopz

Originally Posted by 2SeatPort

Dudes here be arguing over the $100 + headphone market

to listen to 128kbps Audio files

but Echoes of Silence is 320kbps tho
grin.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

tumblr_lqe6u20kEQ1qinezpo1_500.jpg

I'm a young (17) broke High School senior, but if I get enough money for Christmas, I'm getting some m50s.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

earbuds are garbage in general and they build up ear wax in your ears....they usually short and you'll lose sound in one ear bud eventually

the Beats sound good...period...it arguable if they are the best for their price...how come nobody has provided an comparable alternative?

people screaming that they're overpriced...its 2012 for crying out loud...everything is overpriced...

I have these and they work great...I thought the Beats would be a quality buy though...300 is pushin it...but they sound good...simple.

You realize like 5 people have posted different headphones, right?
And none of yall are seeing me on headphones

expensive-headphones-sennheiser.jpg

Retail was $15k, only 300 made 
pimp.gif

I don't understand the hate from everyone.  I think it's common knowledge now that everyone knows Beats by Dre headphones come at a premium for their looks and the branding, and that they could have gotten "better" headphones for the same price or lower price.
Beats threads come up weekly and in every thread, people are quick to claim that OP got ripped off, or Beats headphones suck, or that you are a tool for using Monster's lousy headphones, etc.

How is this any different from any other item/brand where we pay a premium for looks/branding?  Is everyone on NT suddenly an audiophile (and interested in maximizing their dollar in audio equipment?)?  How is that any different from lining up and dropping $200 on a pair of sneakers with a panel of patent leather around the sides.  That is, if the real purpose of a sneaker is either to protect your feet when you walk around or hoop in (neither of which the XI is a good deal).

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

1)  it's 2011 still
2)  everything being overpriced is all relative

3)  alternatives have been posted

Copped my tours last Xmas for less than 50 bucks, love em... even stepped on the left bud, scratches but works perfect

They do build up earwax tho :/

Originally Posted by Rusty Shackelford

Any Nters have the Sennheiser HD 280s
I have had previous experience with two of sennheisers more base models

Pic for reference

8e616469c8c4f321841875ddec1152c3af24b813_r.jpg

I don't wanna go out in public looking like a disc jockey, though.

This is NT where we pay $180+ for sneakers that have little to no performance. For $180 we can purchase some top of the line running or basketball sneakers with the newest technology and most comfort, yet we spend that on concords that are made in the same factory that produces starburys

Beats>*

Most owners addressed another issue I failed to mention in my previous post, they are fragile as hell.
And IEMs do tend to lose sound in one ear but it depends on how they are treated, if you treat them well then they will last.

Anyways, no real hate for these beats supporter.... its more like... pity that they think they the sounds coming from their headphones is the best. Usually people who buy them haven't received any knowledgeable opinions or done any research or just plain ignored all that and got them for the looks or have no real interest in sound quality.

If you want some alternatives:

Sennheiser HD448, HD428, HD280, hell I'm sure even the HD202s can compare to beats(all below $100) if you want to go even a step higher can check their 500 line but those are $100+
That's just Sennheiser and there are much more out there such as Audio Technica M50s.

/thread jack - Can someone suggest a good bluetooth headset for running? Some of the ones ive tried have to much movement when pounding the pavement.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by scoopz

Originally Posted by 2SeatPort

Dudes here be arguing over the $100 + headphone market

to listen to 128kbps Audio files

but Echoes of Silence is 320kbps tho
grin.gif

Vbr>Cbr.
You prolly don't know what that is, though. 
BRTky.jpg

and if you've ever spent over 100 dollars on sneakers you have no right to question anyone who owns a pair of beats

I've been debating on getting a pair of iBeats with the control talk.

Read reviews and saw how garbage they are.

Dude at my barber shop had legit Solos brand new in the box still wrapped for $70. Did not get a pair. Other dude bought what was left.

Got my studies the day they realease for 150! Its nice to know people that work at monster

Mine still look new and work like the first day i got them! after about 4 years i still love them!

Got the studios on black Friday ..... I listened to as many headphones as I could before I bought mine...alot of the headphones people are mentioning I couldn't listen to because they weren't available at the stores in my area...I can Definatly say my solos are the sound I was looking for... I like bass .. Perfect for me is all I can say

Back
Top Bottom