Breaking Bad...wow

Originally Posted by jpap348

Another great episode tonight. I know Walt brought Jesse into the lab as partner to try and "protect" him (and prevent him from snitching on Walt) but it's clearly going to backfire.

Gus is that dude though
pimp.gif

My thinking was that his previous assistant was there to learn everything about how Walter prepared his meth so that he could ultimately replace Walt, keeping with that whole 3 month timeline and the Salamanca's wanting him dead, but with the two cousins both out of the picture, as well as the cartel boss in Mexico, it's hard to say what his fate is.
People always talk about how great of a show Weeds is, but Breaking Bad is way better.  I just wish it were on a premium channel with no damn commercial interruptions.

Originally Posted by eaalto

Another great episode tonight. I know Walt brought Jesse into the lab as partner to try and "protect" him (and prevent him from snitching on Walt) but it's clearly going to backfire.

Gus is that dude though
pimp.gif

My thinking was that his previous assistant was there to learn everything about how Walter prepared his meth so that he could ultimately replace Walt, keeping with that whole 3 month timeline and the Salamanca's wanting him dead, but with the two cousins both out of the picture, as well as the cartel boss in Mexico, it's hard to say what his fate is.
People always talk about how great of a show Weeds is, but Breaking Bad is way better.  I just wish it were on a premium channel with no damn commercial interruptions.

I agree with everything Here. First thing I thought was he will steal the recipe

Originally Posted by donttalkitlivit

Originally Posted by eaalto

Gus is that dude though
pimp.gif

I agree with everything Here. First thing I thought was he will steal the recipe

That scene was hilarious when Jesse ran through the lab like a candy store. I been missing that dark comedy of theirs for a minute now.

I came in here thinking your face was breaking out bad lmao meaning with zits and pimples

It makes other shows not worth watching.

"What's the point in being an outlaw, if you got responsibilities?"

Tonight's episode was good. Lots of things moving the story forward. Some thoughts,

Wonder what's gonna happen with Jesse's plan...
Speaking of which, their little plan in the AA meeting was hilarious. I was wondering why Badger was sitting in.
Wonder what Jesse's gonna do when he finds out they're getting 15 mil a year.
Skyler looks like she's over Walt being a cook. Or at least, her idea that he used to be a cook. Ted looked crazy butt hurt.
Her story to Marie about Walt having a gambling addiction had me dying.
Marie is still too annoying.

Another great performance by everyone involved
pimp.gif
If this show hasn't established itself as the best on TV yet, I dont know what to say.

I liked Marie the last few episodes. It's crazy how they can develop a passive character like her and it never makes the show lose focus.

But seriously, this show has been missing Badger something fierce.
laugh.gif

not a bad show. its highly entertaining.

id hold off before comparing it to shows like the wire. the wire was/is one of the most socially relevant programs of all time. TREME has continued this type of social commentary. that, imo ... is the gold standard of television.

that being said.. i do like this show. what keeps me from loving it, are the characters.

walt has always been greedy and flat out stupid when it comes to the drug game. it reminds me a lot of weeds, in the sense that they do everything absolutely wrong... and it always turns up roses for them. his greed and unwillingness to accept any type of help from people has always bugged me. when he was all "thats my money, i earned it!"... when saul devised the internet donation scam, i was real salty. just plain stupidity and greed. its been a running theme throughout.

skyler is your average dumb bltch of a wife (see: nip/tuck, sopranos, etc). they love when things are peachy keen, but as soon as things look a little bleak... its all about how tormented of a life they have. im sorry, but sometimes being a stay at home mom isnt that bad. especially a stay at home mom with a 16 year old (season 1, 2). the fact that she got the job is even more ridiculous. she chooses to chastise and divorce HER HUSBAND for illegally funding his cancer treatment and providing for his family... yet she chooses to stand by her BOSS who is providing for HIS family in a similar fashion. total hypocrisy.

jesse... is a ice head. not much to say there. loyal cat, but like Gustavo said... you can never trust a drug addict. walter jr doesnt bother me too much. the whole "Flynn" thing was dumb as hell tho. hank is a G. he's probably going to be gone soon... but he's got a death wish anyway. his wife is another example of a dumb bltch wife.

plus the ridiculous censorship. certain cuss words and ******* are blocked... but they can show danny trejo get his head cut off? eff outta here. makes no sense.

also dont know whats so unpredictable about this show. im on season 3 (ep 3) ... and ive pretty much called everything. not bragging or hating... just saying. one of the biggest surprises was when the turtle exploded. i knew it was going to be a trap... i just thought they would get shot up or somethin. the bomb was a nice touch.

ill chime back in when im caught up with the last 4-5 episodes.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

It's crazy how they can develop a passive character like her and it never makes the show lose focus.

I think that's why I love this show. The character development. The way the characters are written, the depth of them, is amazing. I'll agree that Marie's been developed like crazy. Going from an annoying, gossiping wife, to being an emotional trainwreck who's scared half to death for her husband while not knowing who to be angry at, is
eek.gif
when I think about it. If anything, it focused the show even more into showing the effects of what Walt is doing, and it's playing into his character too.

Every character on the show has been worked up, turning into different people throughout the short time of the show.

I think I'm over-analyzing this
laugh.gif
But if Aaron Paul doesnt win an Emmy for this season... well then
smh.gif
at the voters.

Originally Posted by JoeGalvan

id hold off before comparing it to shows like the wire. the wire was/is one of the most socially relevant programs of all time. TREME has continued this type of social commentary. that, imo ... is the gold standard of television.
Well, if you want to look at social commentary and being relevant, the rise of meth is a huge problem in America. Approaching the levels of crack, even. Now I'm not saying this is better than The Wire, cause I watched that series in just a couple of weeks and loved every minute, but this is the best show airing imo. And the levels of detail and storytelling The Wire went into, incorporating multiple facets of the community and the effects the drugs are having on it, was amazing. I dont think any show will be able to do that like The Wire did. I havent seen Treme yet. Been meaning to, though.

Your comments on the characters, for the most part I used to agree. A lot of the perceptions you have on the characters if gonna change by the time you catch up to tonights ep.
I dont get how you cant like Jesse, though. Dude's my favorite character, there's just so much depth in the character, and he's complex as hell. Like I said, Aaron Paul deserves an Emmy for what he's doing this season.
plus the ridiculous censorship. certain cuss words and ******* are blocked... but they can show danny trejo get his head cut off? eff outta here. makes no sense.
This is on cable though, not HBO. I'm surprised they can get away with as much stuff as they have been lately.

MrONegative wrote:
I liked Marie the last few episodes. It's crazy how they can develop a passive character like her and it never makes the show lose focus.

But seriously, this show has been missing Badger something fierce.
laugh.gif

Seriously, no other character on the show creates so many laughs with so few words. He has that funny voice, a goofy and shaggy appearance, his knitted caps a la South Park, he is so dumb and he is like that dude who is in every guy's circle of friends, the idiot who is your friend because he has been part of the crew since you all were four years old and/or your parents are friends so you are stuck with the quasi ******ed bro in your circle of friends.

I was supposed to be asleep an hour ago. But this show has got me hooked like a meth addict. Guess ill watch the entire series, once I finish this week.

Noskey:

i agree with a lot of what you said. and like i said... i really do like the show.

jesse is a GREAT character. but he's also been a big reason for a lot of their failures. its like, "jesse is that dude!" ... but then he'll start shooting heroin or something else ridiculous. he's a fucck up... although it seems like he might be on the right path.

also, AMC can do whatever they want. they just omit certain things by discretion. networks like AMC, FX, etc, etc... have all the same liberties as HBO and Showtime... they just choose to omit them for advertising purposes. i cant hate from a business perspective. its just dumb, due to the content of the show... imo.

you'll dig Treme.

Originally Posted by Noskey

This is on cable though, not HBO. I'm surprised they can get away with as much stuff as they have been lately.

Basic cable isnt ruled by the FCC. They can show/say/do what ever they want. But they do usually self-regulate themselves

Originally Posted by JoeGalvan

Noskey:

i agree with a lot of what you said. and like i said... i really do like the show.

jesse is a GREAT character. but he's also been a big reason for a lot of their failures. its like, "jesse is that dude!" ... but then he'll start shooting heroin or something else ridiculous. he's a fucck up... although it seems like he might be on the right path.

also, AMC can do whatever they want. they just omit certain things by discretion. networks like AMC, FX, etc, etc... have all the same liberties as HBO and Showtime... they just choose to omit them for advertising purposes. i cant hate from a business perspective. its just dumb, due to the content of the show... imo.

you'll dig Treme.
Yeah Jesse does %+@# things up consistently
laugh.gif

And I never knew the FCC didnt rule over non-premium channels. Good to know.

Anyone else think that Walter's greed is going to cause him to murk Jesse?

I also don't think he's going to want to pay Hank's bills for too long and may cut his life short too. He's slowly becoming more and more cold blooded.

Just caught the last ep. Seriously, Aaron Paul's gotta win an Emmy this year. Two episodes, actually two soliloquies are all that were needed. The one in the hospital yelling at Walt, all the same #@*% I'd been thinking about how Walt basically **@%%# his (Jesse's) life up, got his friend killed, etc. And the speech he just gave about building the box for the wood shop class. Just for those he deserves it.

Walt is a straight idiot, but I'm pretty sure that's how the writers wanted to portray him. To show how money and greed can change a man. At some point he changed from wanting to do this whole thing for his fam to wanting to do it for himself.

Skyler is an annoying character who, as someone else pointed out, is ridiculously hypocritical.
It's kinda funny cuz I can def see myself somewhat in the character of Ted. Good and bad qualities.
They did a good job on Marie lately, but they really dropped that whole shoplifter thing really quick.

At some point in this series, Walt Jr is gonna do some ice.

I respect Walt's Clark game
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Anyone else think that Walter's greed is going to cause him to murk Jesse?
After tonight, Walt is losing his mind
laugh.gif
smh.gif
...I could see him causing a bad situation that led to Jesse's death, maybe not by his own hands

Back
Top Bottom