Do any of you sell on Ebay anymore?

That sucks with all the ebay fees. I have some shoes I was looking to sell, but don't want to lose 10% of anything I sell on there. I might have to see if I can get enough posts on here to sell in the forum.

That sucks with all the ebay fees. I have some shoes I was looking to sell, but don't want to lose 10% of anything I sell on there. I might have to see if I can get enough posts on here to sell in the forum.

I still buy and sell a lot on eBay. Not just shoes but with plenty of things. Although the fees are getting a little high it still works out in your favor on the right deals. In terms of relisting, I got the same message and called them up and they erased my limits so I can list and relist as many times as I want...

I still buy and sell a lot on eBay. Not just shoes but with plenty of things. Although the fees are getting a little high it still works out in your favor on the right deals. In terms of relisting, I got the same message and called them up and they erased my limits so I can list and relist as many times as I want...

The other kick in the pants..... Craigslist. All I have seen from the Cleveland to Pittsburgh postings is for fake J's. I would sell them there, but most people who go there would rather pay $65 for some fake XI's than real money for legit shoes.

The other kick in the pants..... Craigslist. All I have seen from the Cleveland to Pittsburgh postings is for fake J's. I would sell them there, but most people who go there would rather pay $65 for some fake XI's than real money for legit shoes.

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

as much as i complain about the fees, the benefits have certainly outweighed negatives. i sold a pair of ds sz 12 nike air max 2 cb 94 black/silver for nearly $300 a few months ago. bought these shoes back in 2003 for $90 @ champs. never thought i would ever sell them for that much on nt or anywhere else.
simple supply and demand..that particular sneaker is basically extinct right now, you got a fair price for em.

as much as i complain about the fees, the benefits have certainly outweighed negatives. i sold a pair of ds sz 12 nike air max 2 cb 94 black/silver for nearly $300 a few months ago. bought these shoes back in 2003 for $90 @ champs. never thought i would ever sell them for that much on nt or anywhere else.
simple supply and demand..that particular sneaker is basically extinct right now, you got a fair price for em.

Originally Posted by AirFresh23Js

9% final value fee is what kills on ebay. Then the 3% paypal fee. I sell all my kicks on ebay. There is ways around the fees just got to know how to manipulate the system.

how do u get around those fees?
what about after everything is done(the seller got paid and the buyer got the item), the seller send a cancel transaction request to buyer.
buyer accept the request and i believe the final value fee will be given back to the seller.
in the end, the seller just have to pay the 4% paypal fee(because its automatically deducted from the payment money received by the seller).

accidentally did that once and i think i might do that again.. :tongue:

9% final value fee is what kills on ebay. Then the 3% paypal fee. I sell all my kicks on ebay. There is ways around the fees just got to know how to manipulate the system.

what about after everything is done(the seller got paid and the buyer got the item), the seller send a cancel transaction request to buyer.
buyer accept the request and i believe the final value fee will be given back to the seller.
in the end, the seller just have to pay the 4% paypal fee(because its automatically deducted from the payment money received by the seller).

The best thing to do is to state in the auction description that you are open to making BIN end early deals. That way you can avoid going through eBay and getting paid directly through paypal. Of course there are those deadbeats who ask to make a deal and never send payment. The final value fee on shipping is the most ludicrous thing ever. eBay is triple dipping now. Final value fee, shipping fee, paypal fee. eBay also prevents you from leaving negative feedback so you have no idea who the deadbeats are. If you are weary of low or 0 feedback birders you can cancel bids or block them from bidding on your auctions. We should make a list of deadbeat bidders we have come across. I have a pretty long list.

The best thing to do is to state in the auction description that you are open to making BIN end early deals. That way you can avoid going through eBay and getting paid directly through paypal. Of course there are those deadbeats who ask to make a deal and never send payment. The final value fee on shipping is the most ludicrous thing ever. eBay is triple dipping now. Final value fee, shipping fee, paypal fee. eBay also prevents you from leaving negative feedback so you have no idea who the deadbeats are. If you are weary of low or 0 feedback birders you can cancel bids or block them from bidding on your auctions. We should make a list of deadbeat bidders we have come across. I have a pretty long list.

Another thing I've done in the past is this. After a bidder wins a auction I check their feedback to see if they are a true sneaker head, i offer them a discount if they agree to mutually end transaction on eBay and send payment directly to pay pal. There are people who won't do that because they want protection but people don't realize that pay pal is the one who really protects you.

Another thing I've done in the past is this. After a bidder wins a auction I check their feedback to see if they are a true sneaker head, i offer them a discount if they agree to mutually end transaction on eBay and send payment directly to pay pal. There are people who won't do that because they want protection but people don't realize that pay pal is the one who really protects you.

Originally Posted by moelest

You can't cancel transaction if payment is recorded. You gotta remember that eBay owns pay pal everything is connected.

You can't cancel transaction if payment is recorded. You gotta remember that eBay owns pay pal everything is connected.

Originally Posted by kxtreme83

yea i know that ebay owns paypal, but like i said i accidentally did that once and i got my ebay fees back.

Originally Posted by kxtreme83

yea i know that ebay owns paypal, but like i said i accidentally did that once and i got my ebay fees back.

holla at ya boy... i get rid of joints i dont need anymore but i want to step my game up pretty soon. call it what you want...

holla at ya boy... i get rid of joints i dont need anymore but i want to step my game up pretty soon. call it what you want...

I just split my 11/12 CDP and sold on ebay. Buyer used buy-it-now and been waiting on them to "get paid." Frustrating for sure

The final value fees suck but since I don't have the post count to sell on here I really didnt have a choice. Never wore the XI and figured I'd use the cash to pick up some shoes I will actually wear.

Back
Top Bottom