Do you tip when you do carry out at a restaurant?

The idea that not tipping warrants the immature and disgusting behavior outlined above is beyond absurd. Restaurant workers don't earn the right to do whatever they want to a customer's food because the customer chooses to not tip (a valid option when dining).
Tell it to them.
I believe the law tells them. 

You are lucky. I always have problems when it comes to group dinners. People seem to think they can pay the menu price and skip both tax and tip.

This was a problem when I was younger, I'd go out to eat with friends for a birthday party and someone or several people would short change the table. Now it's the opposite, when everyone's schedules sync well enough to actually go out to eat with a group I find that we have to figure out who's tossing too much in since we usually end up with a good 30-35% over even with an extra bit added to the auto grat.

Tip whoever makes your food plus the server, especially if they (cooks) can see you from their station.

We remember faces, and how much, and what you order.

If you're fat and crush an inconsiderate amount of food, and DONT tip, aw man, thats your *** next time around.

Working to make your food is hard work and stressful, especially with a consistent load at the time.

Ive seen cooks throw pancakes around the kitchen, half cooked fish stepped on, steaks/burgers dragged through the bottom of a grill, spit in salads, know that blacc **** around the rim of a sink? guess what was in your coffee.

Please tip.

this is why you work at dennys

I tipped the crossing guard $50 for getting me across the street without getting hit by a car on the way back from Dollar General. He provided great service.

Carryout, why wouldn't you tip. You know how hard it is to put food in a bag, or a styrofoam container? Those things never want to stay shut!

pretty simple

great food and great service equals a great tip on my behalf

ive had a few times where serves have came back and personally thanked me after they realized what i have given them.

on superbowl sunday this dude came back an gave me a high 5 an was very appreciative....................dude had an awesome personality.........had small talk here and there..............checked up on me through out the night an all that.........food was on point also.

Contaminating someone's food is significantly different than the issue of drugs. 
Explain.
It's pretty clearly stated right there. 

The fact that people purchase/sell drugs illegally is irrelevant and serves no purpose in justifying or rationalizing an individual that compromises food safety and the integrity of a certified establishment.

The only reason for the actions mentioned above is because the customer chose to exercise their right to not tip? That makes no sense. 

I'm not really sure if your only point was to say, "well, this is illegal and people still do it!" 

It's pretty clearly stated right there. 

The fact that people purchase/sell drugs illegally is irrelevant and serves no purpose in justifying or rationalizing an individual that compromises food safety and the integrity of a certified establishment.

The only reason for the actions mentioned above is because the customer chose to exercise their right to not tip? That makes no sense. 

I'm not really sure if your only point was to say, "well, this is illegal and people still do it!" 
You actually explained yourself. +1 for you.

I still dont care tho.

This is like the most ******ed, mind-boggling, convoluted style of a typed out opinion/response that I've ever seen.
How so?
to sum it up
if you don't believe in tipping just don't do it
if you're into fine dining then you know the bizz
if you're just cheap then so be it...
dont take it personal

Usually tip a buck or two when I do carryout and most times I tip 20% when i sit down to eat

Back
Top Bottom