How much do you tip your barber?

Now why would I tip myself?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

$2 tip

cut is 16. $2 is great cuz its a decent tip. i mean these people are getting 16 bucks for a cut they do in 30 minutes. damnnnn they'll be alright

Cut is $13, I get to the register, give him a $20, I get change and give him the $5 note.

Been hittin' him w/ a straight 20 for a couple years now. Maybe like 25-30 if it's on short notice like crazy and I really needed it. Some of you dudesthat don't see the point of tipping, etc it's not just about the actual cut per se (which would of course need to be good). It's about the courtesythat your barber extends to you i.e. not having you wait unless necessary, etc etc. I'm comfortable with what I pay also because I'm paying for a peaceof mind knowing my haircut will never be messed up when I go to the same barber for all these years.

I don't get my hair cut very often but when I do, I go to a Japanese salon. $50 (cut, shampoo, & neck/shoulder massage) + $10 tip.

$15 for the cut and beard and I throw him a the whole dub.

But my barber is my boy, so when we go out that night usually the %%### will buy the first round of drinks for everyone so it all evens out in the end. But Idont mind, knowing that all I gotta do is walk in and sit in the chair next to his and ima be next no matter wat the line look like. Unless dude gotappointments lined up, but even then he still try to slide me in when he can.

Originally Posted by TimelessFlight

$0
nerd.gif
but it's because I go every week and it adds up.He's been cutting my hair for 7 years now and he's cool with me, that's all that matters lol

^^ chill lol
pretty sure he means he pays once, in advance for the whole semester.

but y'all must be celebrities or something, spending mad dough on haircuts lol
2-3 dollars is just fine for a tip, even though i get my cuts free now

Originally Posted by airmaxes

Been hittin' him w/ a straight 20 for a couple years now. Maybe like 25-30 if it's on short notice like crazy and I really needed it. Some of you dudes that don't see the point of tipping, etc it's not just about the actual cut per se (which would of course need to be good). It's about the courtesy that your barber extends to you i.e. not having you wait unless necessary, etc etc. I'm comfortable with what I pay also because I'm paying for a peace of mind knowing my haircut will never be messed up when I go to the same barber for all these years.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I usually give my barber(female) a $5 dollar tip.

Peace of mind > $$$

Back
Top Bottom