How was your highschool experience socially?

Originally Posted by MaddoxKay

About to finish up my freshman year. Everybody at my school talkin about how much they hate hs and stuff, funny bc i know in 8 years they'll all be saying how great it was like you guys.
So far for me:
- A lot of friends in all different groups (athletes, popular crowd, couple music and hipster kids), but wouldn't necessarily label myself as popular
- Sports all 3 seasons
- Kinda shy around girls, haven't really done anything in that aspect this year
- One of my best friends is a 5'7'' indian kid who gets ridiculous bunz, makes me mad haha
- Been getting good grades and taking honors look to keep that up
We'll see how the next 3 years play out. BTW I go to a tiny %%% private school in LA
keep the grades up i wish i did, went from a 3.5 freshman year to a 3.0 soph 2.0 junior and 2.5 senior, once u start messin wit da chicks that gpa does down fast, word to miley

Originally Posted by jbpkickz

pimp.gif
yambs were given that night
embarassed.gif
 awwwwww what year was this?
 I usually check for tall and dark but you will do red 
laugh.gif

my high school experience was pretty great. I was in with a couple of different cliques and knew probably 95% of my graduating class 

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Originally Posted by jbpkickz

pimp.gif
yambs were given that night
embarassed.gif
 awwwwww what year was this?
 I usually check for tall and dark but you will do red 
laugh.gif
12th grade prom, 3 years ago, i like em all shades, i can be ya matt barnes keke
wink.gif

Still in my freshman year of Highschool. It's gone by wayyyy too fast.
I barely knew anyone in elementary. Had only like 4 friends. I was a skinny tall dude, from 4th to 6th grade I was a chubby fella.
In MiddleSchool I hung out with a lot of people, conversed mostly with other skateboarders and some track jocks. Listened to them and lost all that weight. Lunch table was packed!
Highschool, I hang out with a lot of jocks and what you'd call "nerds". I like to keep it diverse.
smile.gif
But there's this one really preppy white kid at my table who's always wearing Vineyard Vines and Ralph Lauren stuff who keeps trying to get me to listen to Wiz Khalifa and Young jeezy
roll.gif
Starburst-Contradiction

my high school experience definitely started off better than it ended but that was due to me being naive and missing out on alot of opportunities.

Freshman year was cool: I knew alot of people and it was fun. people were begging me to get on the football team, but I was young and dumb and dumb and wanted to be a basket ball star but i wasnt good enough to make the team. I also didnt want to play football cuz i thought my moms wouldnt be able to pay for it. not playin foot ball is one of my biggest regrets
30t6p3b.gif
would have had more fun and met more people

Sophmore year i got placed in the gifted class cuz the kid was smart
grin.gif
.  the saying "out of sight, out of mind" basically sums up this year cuz I barely saw my friends from freshman year cuz i had different classes from them. when your not around people start to forget about you and thats what started happening. people didnt see me for months and just forgot about me

Junior year I took AP American History so I definitely wasn't around. all my free time was spent doing work for this class, and I have to say i did more work that year for that one AP class than ive done for any of my college classes in my 4 years at college
laugh.gif
. Around this time I started to realize I was missing out on alot cuz i still knew some people but never saw them and i couldnt chill with them after school cuz my parents didnt let me go out or do anything. old school Jamaican parents for the loss
ohwell.gif

Around this time even my mom started asking me why I didn't play football, and i told her i was cuz I thought she couldn't afford it, but then she told me she had the money the whole time. I felt so dumb
frown.gif
I went to talk to the coach but he said since i hadn't been training Id have to start on JV if I made the team and I didnt want to be a junior playing on JV.  regrets; #feelsbatman

Senior year I only had 4 classes so I would come into school at 7 and be done by 11 so I never saw anyone
laugh.gif
. it was crazy cuz i would see people randomly and they would be shocked and be like 
eek.gif
u still go here? I didnt know. I aint seen u in a min

Highschool definatly could have been alot better for he had I been more involved, but i can def say college is treating me right. Im involved on campus, have a crew that held me down since freshman year, we party and throw partys, and girls be loving the crew
pimp.gif
College is where you def have the most fun. id advise every to go.

Any body win any superlatives

I just remembered my math teacher that I thought I was in love with

Basketball and upper level classes which meant I was always damn tired. Didn't have many chicks to choose from but on the other hand I wish I had been more patient with a few. I was a fast mover lol *wonders how some of those chicks look now*

Originally Posted by JD214

Originally Posted by 8PM at MSG

Average. I had my group of friends. I wasn't popular but I got along with most people.

Originally Posted by lana85

I was very quiet in high school. I always stayed by myself until a became cool with a few guys and hung out with them.

and shy.
30t6p3b.gif

So it basically sucked, One month left in my Senior Year of HS.
frown.gif
tired.gif
30t6p3b.gif
It gets better.
Is this why you rebel on niketalk, you can talk to me 

Solerunner wrote:

PM the number to that side kick ma lol

*looks for highschool pic*

That wasnt my phone
laugh.gif

I remeber when the side kick was so hot,now we got the iphone.

So old
frown.gif

I was the mother fukkin quarterback yo.
laugh.gif
 Varsity Blues meets American Pie...Not really, but you get the picture.

Quiet loner, for the most part. Had a few friends, and stayed close to them. We would go to the gym after school for an hour, then proceed to the basketball courts.
A lot of the people at my school were ignorant, rude, and / or dangerous, so keeping a distance was in my best interest. 
smile.gif

Didn't go to prom or parties where I later heard someone was shot.

Academically, I wasn't that great. I'm one of those kids who can pass ace a test with no studying but will never touch homework which brings my grades to the c-b range.

Socially, I was pretty cool at each of the schools I've been to. In hs, I went to 7 different high schools and was usually taken in by the "popular kids" probably cause we held similar interest, mostly being my shoes. One of those schools I was so mad to be at I refused to talk to anyone other than this one girl who I had known from middle school and wanted nothing to do with her outside of school or her friends lol. My favorite year of hs, sophomore year, was awesome in that I made some really good friends, did the most stupid $#!!, and still managed to get really really good grades, probably cause it was the only year of high school where I stayed at a single school the entire school year, also didn't enter the school as the new kid since I went to junior high there.

Damn I miss high school :/

Oh, and I was in a 6-9 Jr high, 10-12 high school district and was varsity starting point guard at the high school
pimp.gif
even though I think its cause they sucked so bad, there was one other kid with me but he was there cause he was already 6'4

. A lot of the black players hated me either cause I was the only one who wasn't black in the starting 5 or because the back up point was also the star qb of the school and was real popular(the foot ball team sucked worse, lost every game by 14<). I paved the way for Jeremy Lin.

Wasn't a big fan of high school.  Went to public middle school loved it.  Then went to private catholic high school.

Everyone was the same very little diversity in personality.  If you weren't rich, didn't smoke weed, listen to dave mathews/OAR and wear sperry's you basically were an outcast.  That was me lol.  Had a small group of friends (5-6 guys) i chilled with every weekend but def wasn't the in-crowd.

Only thing i miss is sports.  Played basketball, soccer, and tennis in high school.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Originally Posted by JD214

Originally Posted by 8PM at MSG

Average. I had my group of friends. I wasn't popular but I got along with most people.

Originally Posted by lana85

I was very quiet in high school. I always stayed by myself until a became cool with a few guys and hung out with them.

and shy.
30t6p3b.gif

So it basically sucked, One month left in my Senior Year of HS.
frown.gif
tired.gif
30t6p3b.gif
It gets better.
Is this why you rebel on niketalk, you can talk to me 

Na, I mean don't get me wrong, I had my group of friends and was cool with almost everyone in other groups, But just wasn't that social like other people.

Most of the time people started talking to me, I really never talked to anyone if they didn't talk to me. I remember one of my boys telling me he thought I was a @@*#*, But then started talking to me and I was a funny and cool dude. That's how it was with almost everyone...

High school was awesome
pimp.gif

Had the same group of friends all four years.

Dated the same girl all four years (and beyond)

Got good grades and worked part time.

Went to UC and all my friends went to UK.

Still hang out with that same group from high school. 

Had a small circle of friends throughout high school, but I was cool with almost everybody at my old high school
Then my senior year I moved to San Antonio and made a couple friends, I wasn't very social my senior year since I knew NOBODY at that school 
ohwell.gif

my highschool experience was great i was semi popular but idc about all that

had a diverse group of friends about 15-20 main people i hung out with everyday
pimp.gif
(lunch/passing period/class)
all of them had their own little circles/cliques so i was introduced to a whole bunch of different kinds of people real awesome
pimp.gif

I'd say I'm pretty popular got in some trouble during football season so we rep was a little hit but everybody I hang with play sports (girls and guys) I'm really cool with the USA hockey players who go to my school and I have a very diverse group of people I associate with

But the band kids are looked down upon I hate those kids

it was ok i had friends i hung out with outside of school but always had in school friends too. im chilean/iranian but look white so when the hispanic/black crowd found that out they all liked me more for some reason
laugh.gif
.. got permission to say the n word
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

met some more friends in 11th and chill with them everyday now. i was friends with all groups

academically...............................i $#%*!# up

Knew everyone and everyone knew me. Not mr popular by any means though. Had a few close friends. Didn't really party that much. Spent a lot of time with my ex (that %%*%%).

Back
Top Bottom