Is It Rude/Pretentious To Request Guests To Take Their Shoes Off Upon Entering Your Home?

Is It Rude/Pretentious To Request Guests To Take Their Shoes Off Upon Entering Your Home?

• Total voters
I hate seeing this on TV shows man. SHoes on furniture

1605140682711.png
Think about all the places she went that day wearing those shoes.

public transportation got so much worse here in the bay area from the 80s/90s...even early 00s wasnt that bad...

now you have to change your clothes when you get home IF you for some reason have to get on public transportation

Okay....I admit it....it was MEEEEEE.

It's just that it sounds so weird to me. If I'm your guest and you invited me....how you gonna impose rules on me? If my Jordans get jacked outside your home you gonna go to Flight Club and pay resale price, I don't even care.

Does that reply surprise you at all? KHUFU KHUFU

I hate seeing this on TV shows man. SHoes on furniture

1605140682711.png
I have a low, basic coffee table and there have been at least two instances that chicks have propped their feet (socks on) on the table... and I have TWO leather ottomans in the same room! One the same height as the table and the other is the same height as the couch. Don't get me wrong, my goal is for them to get comfortable, but I don't do feet on my table. I'm very diplomatic about correcting them: I grab the ottoman and say "this is probably more comfortable" then switch it out.

I liked this thread. Lots of fun debates.
For the record, I don't ask people to take their shoes off. It's just weird asking adults to partially undress, as if they just got done playing on a field.
If they ask me to take them off, I will, but I kinda don't like it, but I get it.

Awwwwww look at you try 💞💞🤡

You’re a proud boy so you can say anything and it doesn’t count lol.

But it’s definitely weird for you to enter someone’s house and then you decide to take issue with their house rules.

People usually have a designated space for shoes so nobody would run off with your fakes anyway 🤣.

Funny thing is I’ve never had any interaction with you on any level, in fact I don’t even recognize your username, lol. Then again I also don’t remember the last time I blew my nose :lol:

...and fake sneakers? Please go to bed already.

That is the energy that I expect from a known racist.

You’re all over NT making cowardly statements. I couldn’t expect you to keep track of all of the fires that you start.

You don’t have the bandwidth to comprehend simple concepts so how could anyone expect you to keep track of the hate and nonsense that you spew here?

Carry on 🤡

n't ask people to take their shoes off. It's just weird asking adults to partially undress, as if they just got done playing on a field.
If they ask me to take them off, I will, but I kinda don't like it, but I get it.
What part of them not wanting you to track dirt into their home don't you "get?"

Legit question.

Last edited:
Moving into a new house today and me and my girl decided we are going to have a basket to put our phones in when we are both off from work. And if we have people over and they are glued to their phones we are going to politely ask them to get off their phone and offer the basket if they can’t control themselves.

No shoes in the new house either.
Quoted you in here bc it kinda fits the topic.

Would you all have an issue with the host collecting your cell phone at the door?

Okay....I admit it....it was MEEEEEE.

It's just that it sounds so weird to me. If I'm your guest and you invited me....how you gonna impose rules on me? If my Jordans get jacked outside your home you gonna go to Flight Club and pay resale price, I don't even care.

I'm sorry but this is some white people ****.

I can't even comprehend the level of entitlement. :lol:

Yea, asking grown humans to put their phone as if they are in school is funny.

But I am sure someone will attempt to compare it to the "shoe" situation.

Not the same at all.
It's the EXACT SAME THING THO :rofl:

You're just saying one is appropriate because you VALUE cleanliness more, so you're ok with people asking adults to partially undress.

A person that places more value on CONNECTION may feel that asking for the phone is fair game.

Both are doing too much. Just like (pre-covid) asking people to wear masks or gloves in your crib is doing too much. Germs spread that way too. But it comes across as pesky to ask someone that.

Collect my phone? What am i in school about to take an exam? Foh.
But...but.... But.... What happened to respecting people's house/rules :lol:
Both are doing too much.

I love that someone introduced a topic that hit y'all in a soft spot.

Confiscating someone's only means of being able to be contacted and not wanting a dirty house are not the same :lol:

Exactly.

I don't view them the same because

Wearing shoes is making the host's house dirtier than it was before the guest arrived.

Someone carrying their phone into a host's house isn't making the house any worse than it was previously.

I don't view them the same.

If you (not you) want to say their the same thing, cool.

Back
Top Bottom