Is It Rude/Pretentious To Request Guests To Take Their Shoes Off Upon Entering Your Home?

Is It Rude/Pretentious To Request Guests To Take Their Shoes Off Upon Entering Your Home?

• Total voters
Dirty floor = Dirty socks.

Also if I see anyone in white socks I'm smacking them.
The whole point of taking off your shoes is so the floor won't be dirty :lol:

What person with an already dirty floor has the nerve to ask ppl to take off their shoes?

The whole point of taking off your shoes is so the floor won't be dirty :lol:

What person with an already dirty floor has the nerve to ask ppl to take off their shoes?

A clean floor can still dirty your socks.

I walk around with slippers in my own crib. Never socks.

What I look like walking around with socks in your crib?

How dirty are your socks?

Do you wash them? You got only one pair?

You got a smelly foot issue?

A lot of people do got stinky feet... which is why I don’t care much for taking shoes off anymore. I used to, because that’s how I was raised, especially in Hawaii.

But as I grew older, I developed my own pet peeves... and one of those things is smell.

I can’t stand stinky feet, I can’t stand people who fart on purpose and think it’s funny, I can’t stand people who don’t attempt to look the other direction or cover their mouth before they burp... ect.

So if your feet/socks stink... keep your ****ing shoes on and don’t step on the carpet or sit on the couch. Grab a stool and sit your *** in the kitchen.

Hell nah. Your home, your rules. It's a sign of respect to take the shoes off. But also, as the guest, they take cues from the host. If you rocking shoes, I'll think rocking them is fine. If I come in and you dont have shoes on, mine are coming off at the door.

A clean floor can still dirty your socks.

I walk around with slippers in my own crib. Never socks.

What I look like walking around with socks in your crib?
That floor aint clean b.

I walk around the floor bare feet and from the dining room to the kitchen I don't have a layer of dust under my feet.

My friends and family are clean and civilized, so I can invite them over as much as I want

It's ok if you have holes in your socks b. I'll give ya a pair from my sock drawer if it really bothers you that much :lol:

That floor aint clean b.

I walk around the floor bare feet and from the dining room to the kitchen I don't have a layer of dust under my feet.

Thats because you walking on carpet.

I got hardwood floors imported from Italy.

You got carpet deported from China.

We not even on the same floors to be talking floors.

Hell nah. Your home, your rules. It's a sign of respect to take the shoes off. But also, as the guest, they take cues from the host. If you rocking shoes, I'll think rocking them is fine. If I come in and you dont have shoes on, mine are coming off at the door.
This Period!
Honestly didn't think this thread would get past 5 pages. It's so simple.
You walk in, people got shoes on, shoes stay on.
people got shoes off, shoes come off.
Not sure. Ask the host. That's it!

Some of you dudes would curse out your boy's whole family if he asked you to remove your shoes.

Unless it was raining, snowing or you just walked through a mud field I'm not asking you to take off your shoes, I think that **** is lame, a floor is a floor, I'm not attempting to eat off mines, I don't have small children crawling around my apt and I don't have carpets...if I can't have people walk into my place with their shoes as long as they are relatively clean, I just won't invite you over
c'mon man, you work in a hospital. stop being filthy.

The lack of respect in here. Cats in here thinking cuz they wear their dirty shoes in their crib thats gonna fly in next peoples cribs. :lol:

The lack of respect in here. Cats in here thinking cuz they wear their dirty shoes in their crib thats gonna fly in next peoples cribs. :lol:
It's funny: if someone asked me this question 4-5 years ago I probably would've said yes. Now that I have my own place and realize how much work it takes to keep it up to my standards of cleanliness I've realized the errors in my ways.

I'd wager that a lot of people that answer "yes" to this question either has someone in their life that does the majority of the cleaning for them, or they just have really low standards of cleanliness.

Back
Top Bottom