Is It Rude/Pretentious To Request Guests To Take Their Shoes Off Upon Entering Your Home?

Is It Rude/Pretentious To Request Guests To Take Their Shoes Off Upon Entering Your Home?

• Total voters
if there is a spot in the house im visiting to place my shoes, like a visitors shoe rack or sumtin i take my shoes off no questions asked.
at my own house i remove my shoes automatically,

"I'm from the Bronx, wipe ya feet when you step in my house."

I went to my boys crib and he had everyone take their shoes off. Next thing my Margielas were missing. I was heated. I didn't let anyone leave. I was ready to fight everyone 18-22ppl vs 1. I didn't care. They were saying "Chill God" "Don't do this Supreme. Chill out." I had a search party going on in the house. Come to find out I forgot I hid them somewhere so nobody would touch them. But I still let them search until someone found it. Then somebody found them and I put the blame on them. "You think you slick? I know it was you." "It's cool I ain't tripping y'all." Told my girl the next day at Brunch. She was like
154.gif

No it's not rude. They should understand they are a guest at my home. I have a toddler. I don't want your dirty shoes bringing in germs and whatever you've walked through, prior to entering my home.

Oh and if you aren't wearing socks, best believe, I'm providing you with some slippers or socks.

you should let people know in advance if that’s how you’re moving

I see it on both sides

people are far too quick to try to remove themselves from being animals themselves

it’s not that serious on either end

I can understand if you can’t wear shoes in certain areas of the house due to the color of the carpet and whatnot be I’d never ask someone to take their shoes off at my spot and I do clean thoroughly

carpet is like a sweater you never clean anyway and when I say clean I mean it’ll never be as clean as something you throw in the washer

but I wouldn’t be offended if asked to take mine off

Everyone I know has shoes taken off at the door. Maybe because there’s so much snow and salt during the winter.

When the floors in your crib arent dirty like a truck stop restroom you can sit and lie down on em all you want.

If any of yall that wear your dutty shoes in the crib got lil infant kids crawling around on that filth... :sick:
helps build their immune system

Really depends for me... initially yes, it's considerate to take your shoes/sandals off in my house.

But mannn if the homies come over? Keep your **** on and just don't step on the carpet/rug area.

Most these mother****ers got stinky *** feet/socks! I can always clean/mop... but if your **** stink, leave your **** on.

Rude to ask someone to take their shoes off? Dragging dirt into someone else's home knowing that you're gonna do nothing to clean it up is the definition of rude.

I have light-colored carpet in my bedroom, and the first time my friends came over they all walked in with their shoes on and stained the whole thing up. Had to spray Resolve all over it. Now I tell them to take their shoes off at the front door and they look at me like I'm the inconsiderate one. :smh:

This is customary standard practice (basically expected) in most asian, indian, and possibly mideeast/arab homes

Want me to take my shoes off?

Give me slippers.

It's rude to have me dirty my socks.

Also what kind of dirty *** thanksgiving y'all have where everyone is walking around in socks??

That's gross.

Keep your shoes on.

Don't invite people over if you don't expect to clean after.

Unless it's snowing outside, I ain't taking my shoes off on some Donnie Brasco ****.

I've notice a lot of people i know that live in major metro areas do this. Especially SF and NY, those sidewalks are littered with everything.

Also depends on how many ppl in the crib too ...not bout to be hosting something or having a lil turn up with a bunch of ppl walking round my crib in dirty/stinky socks or feet all jacked up

Then you got a pile of shoes by the door all in the way like you at a tennis shoe warehouse, Ross or Nordstrom rack :lol:

Unless it was raining, snowing or you just walked through a mud field I'm not asking you to take off your shoes, I think that **** is lame, a floor is a floor, I'm not attempting to eat off mines, I don't have small children crawling around my apt and I don't have carpets...if I can't have people walk into my place with their shoes as long as they are relatively clean, I just won't invite you over

Want me to take my shoes off?

Give me slippers.

It's rude to have me dirty my socks.

Also what kind of dirty *** thanksgiving y'all have where everyone is walking around in socks??

That's gross.

Keep your shoes on.

Don't invite people over if you don't expect to clean after.

Unless it's snowing outside, I ain't taking my shoes off on some Donnie Brasco ****.
How dirty are your socks?

Do you wash them? You got only one pair?

You got a smelly foot issue?

Lets put it this way

Even I wouldnt put my own shoes back into my closet or on my floor without cleaning them 1st. Then again i would have to clean my floors just like 1 or 2x a week

Do you dudes in here put your nds shoes back in the box too?

I put em on top or clean em

Back
Top Bottom