Is It Rude/Pretentious To Request Guests To Take Their Shoes Off Upon Entering Your Home?

Is It Rude/Pretentious To Request Guests To Take Their Shoes Off Upon Entering Your Home?

• Total voters
To me it's doing too much. Almost like asking guests to put on plastic gloves because who knows where their hands have been.

Yall in here acting od paranoid/germaphobic, acting like cats just got done cleaning at the zoo or something. To me a welcome mat is sufficient and most people know to wipe they're feet on it.

To me it's doing too much. Almost like asking guests to put on plastic gloves because who knows where their hands have been.

Wut

People wash their hands (well most people). Some of you filthy animals be dropping dookies and not washing your paws

I take my shoes off whenever I enter someone else's household. I would not force someone else to take their shoes off in my house though

Nah b, it's shoes off or you ain't getting in. I even thought about taking some of those shoe booties from work should I entertain guests, but I don't invite ppl to my place.

And you can't get in the bed with your clothes on neither. Disgusting.

Not rude..

I dont know how ppl do it when they havr a carpet floor because the carpet just becomes dirty lookin even if you clean it

#CulturalDifferences

:lol:

yo, so you telling me homeboy will have a hard full days of work...sweat and whatnot, and money is just going to bed drenched in days old sweat? :lol: ewwwww.

and to top it off, when you take a dump, you're just content with da residual skid marks after wipin? lol..

Smh

My boy had a friend from college that had an apartment near their campus. We use to go over there and kick it, smoke trees, play video games, play ping pong and ****.

Dude wouldnt ask anyone to take off their shoes. Place was filthy, dust caked on the ceiling fan, bathroom filthy af, hardwood floors dirty af. I would flush the toilet with my foot like i was at a gas station restroom
brah one of my friend was like this .. except he wanted people to still take their shoes off ...

:lol: at the kick flush. I do this at the urinals at my office every day cause the hipsters I work with are filthy as @#$@. Coworker walked in on me doing a Street Fighter high kick to the urinal and just mean mugged me when I walked off to wash my hands :lol:

Last edited:
I usually take the host’s lead. They take their shoes off, i’ll do it too. I think the numbers may be skewed in here due to the large % of asian NTers. All my asian friends take their shoes off. Maybe 20% of my other friends do so.

I don’t wear shoes in my house but I don’t ask guests to take their shoes off. I am curious to know why some of you are sitting on the floor in your house. Y’all choose the floor over a sofa/chair/couch or y’all just don’t have enough seating?

Sitting on the floor for group activities is a typical Asian/Middle Eastern habit. Even excluding that, a lot of times I'm putting together/fixing some furniture, packing some stuff, cleaning something that spilled on my carpet, playing card games around a small table, just being lazy and watching some TV, etc. Now that I think about it, I don't get how sitting on the floor is unheard of regardless of your culture. I always see white people sitting or laying around the floor even while having their shoes on, and that's just at my office building alone. Not sure how I'm the weird one for not doing that at the office but doing that in my own clean apartment :lol:

stock-photo-young-woman-lying-on-white-carpet-holding-remote-control-enjoying-watching-television-at-home-686338333.jpg

I mean I just googled "laying on floor watching TV" and hundreds of images of shoeless people of all races showed up :lol: I think we're normal for doing this instead of converting our floors to the bum piss covered streets of SF and NYC

Last edited:
When the floors in your crib arent dirty like a truck stop restroom you can sit and lie down on em all you want.

If any of yall that wear your dutty shoes in the crib got lil infant kids crawling around on that filth... :sick:

Close friends always take the shoes off if its just a few of us.

I never ask or will never enforce the rule.

Its silly.

Wipe your feet and come in.

Unless your shoes are wet, I'm not trippin.

If you ask me to take my shoes off I will, I keep clean socks. Not a big deal.

How often do y’all change your socks.. ever knew people don’t change it after a day or two of wear sometimes .. I wear clean socks everyday

Back
Top Bottom