:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

just copped some green bean Vs for 20 bucks (steal right?)..anyway what is the best way to clean them?

Originally Posted by pushat973

i have some 3s i wanna clear the air bubbles on. any truth that you can use a hair dryer to un-fog them? thx
anyone know how to clear up the air bags?

i asked this another thread but if i have very yellowed aj11 soles. "pee" yellow, how unyellowed can seaglow get them or is it a loss cause?

so i recently got some very beat og 13s
they are badly creased and and have dirt all over
grass stains on them and grass inside them
would it be safe to throw em in the washer?
Edit:sorry their not ogs
their retro black/red if it matters any
Edit:not sure if og or retro never owned 13s until now pics
344264010.jpg

344264011.jpg

344264012.jpg

Originally Posted by enrique23

anyone know any specific shoe stores where they sell the suede/nubuck eraser?

u can find them at footlocker, champs, footaction. it looks like a sponge and is labeled suede/nubuck kit. there's an eraser inside the sponge.

Originally Posted by wrod7

where can i buy some semi-rigid plastic, to stop the creasing?

i dont know about this, but u can try force fields (footlocker, footaction, champs), the decreaser (from thedecreaser.com), or wearable shoe trees.

Originally Posted by bims92

i dont know about this, but u can try force fields (footlocker, footaction, champs), the decreaser (from thedecreaser.com), or wearable shoe trees.
Thanks man i love you.

you happen to know where i can purchase the paints? and what colors i would have to mix if need be? thanks for the help!

Originally Posted by batmanflup

you happen to know where i can purchase the paints? and what colors i would have to mix if need be? thanks for the help!

angelus paint on their website.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

How can these be fixed?

3016697081_85c879e752.jpg

3017529048_b6e523ee77.jpg

repaint.

google? never heard of it.

Originally Posted by batmanflup

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v199/phillipgeniza/?action=view&current=Photo17.jpg < /br>

anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this cracked paint?

repaint.

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

so i recently got some very beat og 13s
they are badly creased and and have dirt all over
grass stains on them and grass inside them
would it be safe to throw em in the washer?
Edit:sorry their not ogs
their retro black/red if it matters any
Edit:not sure if og or retro never owned 13s until now pics
344264010.jpg

344264011.jpg

344264012.jpg

no, it'll ruin the texture and looks of the suede and the reflectors.

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

i asked this another thread but if i have very yellowed aj11 soles. "pee" yellow, how unyellowed can seaglow get them or is it a loss cause?

depends how many coats of seaglow you use.

Originally Posted by JRAdagreat72

just copped some green bean Vs for 20 bucks (steal right?)..anyway what is the best way to clean them?

no clue what your trying to clean.

Originally Posted by enrique23

anyone know any specific shoe stores where they sell the suede/nubuck eraser?

footlocker, foot action, champs, finishline, etc.

Originally Posted by pushat973

i have some 3s i wanna clear the air bubbles on. any truth that you can use a hair dryer to un-fog them? thx

The hair dryer work, i did it to my OG XIIIs and cleared up in 20 seconds. im not sure about the air bubbles, but it wouldnt hurt to try.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Help how do I fix this?

how do you fix the sloppy paint job, if thats what your asking?
well you can try sanding out the paint and redoing the paint job again, with better taping.
but if you just wanna be lazy, you can try rubbing alcohol or a little knife and scrape it off.

Originally Posted by Respinda

I was just wondering, is it better to keep sneakers out in the open, versus storing them in their shoe box? I try to alternate and take them out from time to time.. but I'm just wondering, is there a chance that over time, deadstock shoes in the box will suffer from deformities/aging/color degradation inside the box versus remaining out in the air?

you can do both, AS LONG as you keep them away from any heat, moist, or sunlit areas around your house.

Originally Posted by agold1002

how do i keep my cemeent print clean on my pure $ 3's???

nubuck/suede eraser and brush

Originally Posted by bradlasseigne

i got a question about rit?
i bought some of the rit whte wash for my columbia xi's i mixed a little with really hot water and tried going ovvthem the tounge and lace loops twice and i think it actually made them more yellow not white

you didnt follow directions correctly?

Originally Posted by Xnyles

Can someone explain why air bubble needs to be clear before wearing III or IV ,thank you

it doesnt need to be cleared to wear them. i have no clue where you got that from.

Originally Posted by JordanFeind

FPSee thank you for the answer one more ? if i store them in ziplock bags will the midsole eventullay crack? Im wondering because i want to wear them and still keep the soles clear/icey but I dont want the midsole to crack.

storing them in the ziplock wont cause them to crack but will take out the mositure inside the midsole, so when you wear them and you put pressure on midsole,it will crack.

the soles on my og taxis are coming off. Is there a glue that i can use to glue this back with and where can i buy this.
Thanks

Originally Posted by FPSee

i bought some of the rit whte wash for my columbia xi's i mixed a little with really hot water and tried going ovvthem the tounge and lace loops twice and i think it actually made them more yellow not white

the directions are for use in the laundry not for cleaning shoes
i was wondering like how much to fix with how much water

Originally Posted by FPSee

the directions are for use in the laundry not for cleaning shoes
i was wondering like how much to fix with how much water

i have no clue. i havent tried it first hand. but i seen before and after pictures from people. they turn pearl white.

Originally Posted by ISHTHEDUDE

the soles on my og taxis are coming off. Is there a glue that i can use to glue this back with and where can i buy this.
Thanks

shoe goo, i seen some at zumiez but im not sure if they carry it at all zumiez. you can try target possibly.

I need to do some serious maintenance on 3 pairs of kicks!!!
Air Jordan 1 Opening Days-Serious creasing and scuffs
Air Jordan 3 Black Cats-Paints chipped off on midsoles creasing problem suede discoloring and suede chipped off on top of lace holes
Air Jordan 14 CDP-Guy I bought 'em from removed creases with starch and now suede discolored madly! and scuffing
Pics of AJ1 and AJ3 tagged since last time I posted pics on another site they were stolen.

AJ 3

AJ1

AJ 14 CDP

I'm trying to see if there's anyway to make the creases less noticeable or go away and how can I fix the scuffing andfix the discoloration on the suede kicks.

I'm cleaning them up since I'm gonna sell all 3 pairs to a friend for $325

HELP..i have over 30 jordans ..some are from 8 yrs ago some more recent...i've seen alot of nightmare stories about how when you stock your shoes for along time, then break them out one day the rubber cracks and falls apart..this actually happened to my og infrareds..i had them in the closet for years andwhen they first retroed them i broke them out to floss but the soles fell apart...my question is...alot of the kicks i have i want to keep dead stock..forinstance the gold dmp package...and then break them out 5 yrs from now and rock them, how can i prevent the breaking down of the sole from happening?? ialready know to store them in a cool dark place..and not to keep them bagged up..and keep silica packs in the boxes..but is there anything else i should know??and is it 100% safe

How can you get the yellow off of patent leather caused by a bleach pen? please PM for fast response.

can someone please tell me how I can get these superglue stains off my XI?
Like I superglue the front part of the shoe so my fingers had some glue on it and it got smudged all over the shoe box, is there any way for me to get it out?I tried scrubbing it with soap and water but nothing works.

4a015fed363c1efcfa82807784b468a68035792.jpg

toebox mess
86035dfbe86e3b273b4a1edbfe6c3799b967858.jpg

compared to what a clean toebox suppose to look like.

Can somebody please help me? I deeply appreciated it, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom