Questions for ATHEISTS vol. keep it funky

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you die you're dead and that's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Has anyone ever died and came back to life like damn when you die there's this/that?? NO

And it'll never be proven cause when you die you're dead and gone forever.

God didn't help me get to where i'm at in life, did he help me graduate HS/College? Did he help me through my job interview? Did he help me when my car broke down?

I can sympathize with myself and cry/pray as much as I want but it wouldn't have done anything for me. I had to get off my *** and do it.

I'm not even gonna get started with the whole "when it's your time to go it's your time to go" crap. I guess God wanted those Sandy Hook kids to go out like that right?? :smh:

Just keeping it 3hunna.

Question for yall, will you have a problem if your wife wants to raise your kid in the church?
If I were to get married, my wife wouldn't do that but if she were to suddenly flip the script on me she'd find out the inevitable, logic and reason will prevail.
My ONLY problem with Atheism is that they refuse to believe that there is a higher power in the universe with higher abilities.
What's so hard with accepting that some ppl refuse to believe in something without evidence or support that w/e is in question might be true? I wouldn't have a problem with you not believing in Santa Claus. By his alleged activities alone Santa Claus is a higher power in the universe with higher abilities.
This:

?

Where's the correlation to religion though? Specifically what you posted.
Someone previously brought up evolution which I assume was an attempt to link evolution to atheism. I think sumrndmdude's post was used to demonstrate that evolution (or any scientific topic for that matter) is not tied or limited to atheism and that even people with religious backgrounds can enjoy science, including the theory of evolution.
Oh I see so ppl just want to subvert the thread topic and make this about something else to argue about.

I have no problem going to the evolution talk again like most scientists being atheists but yes there is no direct link between science and atheism; two separate entities (I won't go there though).

Last edited:
When you die you're dead and that's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Has anyone ever died and came back to life like damn when you die there's this/that?? NO

And it'll never be proven cause when you die you're dead and gone forever.

God didn't help me get to where i'm at in life, did he help me graduate HS/College? Did he help me through my job interview? Did he help me when my car broke down?

I can sympathize with myself and cry/pray as much as I want but it wouldn't have done anything for me. I had to get off my *** and do it.

I'm not even gonna get started with the whole "when it's your time to go it's your time to go" crap. I guess God wanted those Sandy Hook kids to go out like that right??
mean.gif

Just keeping it 3hunna.
qft

1. A woman doesn't have to be super religious to want to go to church often man. If you woman goes to church, and she wants your child to go with her what do you do? Let that be the question.

2. Expose them to every religion. Starting at what age? They have to be of the mindset to be able to even understand that. And quite honestly, HS is around the time they can rationally think about this stuff.

Hmm, religious tales are a good fictional read. My kids will know Zeus, Osiris, and Yahweh. :smile: I believe a 10 year old can rationally read and think about this unless somebody corrupts their mind.

1. A woman doesn't have to be super religious to want to go to church often man. If you woman goes to church, and she wants your child to go with her what do you do? Let that be the question.

2. Expose them to every religion. Starting at what age? They have to be of the mindset to be able to even understand that. And quite honestly, HS is around the time they can rationally think about this stuff.

Hmm, religious tales are a good fictional read. My kids will know Zeus, Osiris, and Yahweh. :smile: I believe a 10 year old can rationally read and think about this unless somebody corrupts their mind.

My ONLY problem with Atheism is that they refuse to believe that there is a higher power in the universe with higher abilities.

They take science verbatim like Christians do the bible, and now modern science is looking stupid with all of the discoveries of planets in the goldilocks zones, water on mars, and DNA mineral make-up found in comets and asteroids. These are things that have been presented to science for decades, and even with legitimate evidence/mathematical probabilities.

Believe what you will. :smokin

#HailSatan

Hmm, this is a common misconception and I hope atheists are more intelligent than this. There are atheists who believe in more intelligent beings (high powers), they just don't refer to them as Gods. I consider myself "strict agnostic" for this very reason. I am God.

Deus es mortis, logic obtinet. hail satan.

They take science verbatim like Christians do the bible, and now modern science is looking stupid with all of the discoveries of planets in the goldilocks zones, water on mars, and DNA mineral make-up found in comets and asteroids. These are things that have been presented to science for decades, and even with legitimate evidence/mathematical probabilities.

Believe what you will. :smokin

#HailSatan

Tons of atheist believe there might/probably is a high power. High Power doesn't have to equal God.

And the thing about science, when new discoveries contract older theories, they are examined, tested and before being accepted. A when they are proven to be true, they are accepted and the search continues for new discoveries and more knowledge. That's the beauty of science.

As opposed to looking to a book fairy tales, at is hundreds of years old, picking and choosing a passage that fits your arguments and claiming that it proves your point of view must be the correct one.

Last edited:
Hmm, this is a common misconception and I hope atheists are more intelligent than this. There are atheists who believe in more intelligent beings (high powers), they just don't refer to them as Gods. I consider myself "strict agnostic" for this very reason. I am God.

Deus es mortis, logic obtinet. hail satan.

I can see how one may feel they might their own ultimate authority.
but how can you feel you are God (if serius) when you are mortal and
dont exist outside of time?

what characteristixs do you attribute to Godliness, supreme authority, or whatever, if any?

when your born, you dont know jack. you’re right there. but i feel like as you develope and become
more aware, you know there is/might/should/could be more. its like a void that you can't
explain, and prolly dont even pay any mind to unless something stimulates you to
examine/or question it. like being born without a mom n gettin raised by wolves. that
void my be examined, but if an accepted reunion occured, one would acknowledge a more completenes
for lack of a better word. Might miss the wolves tho. forgive my for my isshhtty example, and half *****ed explaination.
Im trappin of my droid n i hate typin alot.
I disagree. I don't think you know a void is missing in a world when you haven't been introduced to the possibility of a "higher power."

Do you think someone isolated from all will feel a void that they can't explain? I know it is a hypothetical but I think the very phrase, "Fill a void" is used so much in society that people convince themselve that there is a void that needs to be filled. I think that is a learned idea.

Few questions.

1. For you believers, when you talk to God, how do you know it is God speaking back or it just being your conscious?

2. I have a friend that keeps telling me, "You might as well believe just to be safe." Well the problem with that is
A. I can't MAKE myself believe
B. Will I get full credit for believing simply to "be safe."

3. Heaven. Does the idea of boredom vanish at that point? How can it be enjoyable to worship, worship. worship non-stop? I know you probably won't admit that it would be boring but I think people don't really want to go to Heaven, I think they simply don't want to go to hell. So it is almost like a pick your poison type of thing

Few questions.

2. I have a friend that keeps telling me, "You might as well believe just to be safe." Well the problem with that is
A. I can't MAKE myself believe
B. Will I get full credit for believing simply to "be safe."
Pascal's Wager. It's flawed though.

How did you end up atheist?
mom and dad are/don't believe the bible, at the time it was fine but now we have science to explain instead of stories.

Will pass along this belief to your kids?
she is free to believe what she wants, she goes to church sometimes with her mom.

Do you have an authority?
no

Do you fear death? What are your fears?
no, i'd be sad for my daughter to lose her dad more than me actually dying.

What do you believe happens after you die?
you cease to exist.

Do believe in life beyond earth?
yes, the universe is infinite. for sure something else is out there.

Do you believe in any forces in action beyond human control?
like natural disasters? not understanding this question.

I disagree. I don't think you know a void is missing in a world when you haven't been introduced to the possibility of a "higher power."

Do you think someone isolated from all will feel a void that they can't explain? I know it is a hypothetical but I think the very phrase, "Fill a void" is used so much in society that people convince themselve that there is a void that needs to be filled. I think that is a learned idea.

i hear you. i guess you can chall what im thinking about , up as the element of curiosity. if you grow up in a box, someday youll be like wtf? wat is out there.. you feel thete is more. and you wanna know y and understand ur condition.

I can see how one may feel they might their own ultimate authority.
but how can you feel you are God (if serius) when you are mortal and
dont exist outside of time?

what characteristixs do you attribute to Godliness, supreme authority, or whatever, if any?

Who said I was mortal? When I die every single particle in my body will continue to exist.

BDW in many mythical tales, Gods do "die". And symbolically the Gods of the Ancients are dead and irrelevant.

I streak bacteria on agar in a petri dish, isn't that what a God does? A "God" may have plated us on this planet but even that God must have a God.

i hear you. i guess you can chall what im thinking about , up as the element of curiosity. if you grow up in a box, someday youll be like wtf? wat is out there.. you feel thete is more. and you wanna know y and understand ur condition.
I disagree. I think you are curious about things you get a sneak peak to. If there is no directions pointed at there being a higher being and/or religion, I don't think a person would be curious about anything.

But there is no way to prove that so we will just go back and forth

And believers, where did God come from?

Well the Alpha and Omega concept kinda answers this question. Religious people always use the argument of "something can't come from nothing" to validate their beliefs. Their God was spawned from nothingness and the big bang. :D

Last edited:
And believers, where did God come from?

I dont know.
I guess He is the constant. The the most basic platform upon which
existance becomes a possibility. That just a fancy guess tho.

No one can answer that because we are the creation.
Can a 5 yr old understand what a 50 yr old can? Impossible.
Even if the kid a prodigy and the geezer a ******. Experience. Existance
Cannot be taught or transfer (in our state). At least thats what i think.

Last edited:
I dont know.
I guess He is the constant. The the most basic platform upon which
existance becomes a possibility. That just a fancy guess tho.

No one can answer that because we are the creation.
Can a 5 yr old understand what a 50 yr old can? Impossible.
Even if the kid a prodigy and the geezer a ******. Experience. Existance
Cannot be taught or transfer (in our state). At least thats what i think.
So in other words, "It is something man can't comprehend." One of those type answers right?

You really don't understand how frustrating getting those type of answers are. I am not mad at you for not being able to answer it man. But when you approach folks with questions and they aren't able to answer and they basically tell you to, "Believe and shutup" (basically what they are saying) it is frustrating man.

I know how my mind works. I know I have to have PROOF that something exists. I just can't buy into this man. I would love to be poppin bottles with yall in Heaven but I can't just BELIEVE when it doesn't make sense for me to believe.

Not even sure if I have it in me to believe.

Maybe when I am on my death bed or something when I have nothing to lose. (Knock on wood. If you never see me post you know what happened. Make note of this post).

I know what you're trying to say here, and in part I agree, but I would argue that curiosity, the desire to explore, to ask questions, to search for answers ...that is the human condition.

It's totally natural to have these nagging thoughts and feelings that there could be something "out there" beyond our current understanding, the transcendent or the metaphysical, it's something we all share, religious or not...

But just because you feel there is more out there, it doesn't necessarily mean there is

...and it also doesn't mean you get to just make up what that "something" is without any evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom