Questions for ATHEISTS vol. keep it funky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I'll just answer this question from the perspective of a Satanism and cosmicism flavored agnostic, the term atheism carries a connotation of knowleadge

I ended up this way by reading :/ I've questioned everything around me since middle school even growing up in a relatively religious family.
My authority is the same as everybody else's. We are all slaves to the system.
I fear death, it is one of humanity's biggest mysteries. I do not fear it enough to embrace lies or make up $%$.
I don't know I've never died.
I believe in the possibility of life beyond earth, I also equally believe in the possibility of no life beyond death.
This is the most important question, I believe in suprahuman forces. I believe in aliens, wormholes, multidimensions and science fiction soon to become science fact. :smokin

what system you believe are we slaves to? is someone like bill gates also a slave to this system?

what system you believe are we slaves to? is someone like bill gates also a slave to this system?

He asked about authority. No matter what you believe in, your behavior is governed by an "authority". My response was pseudosarcastic but was being a tad bit candid. :D

How did you end up atheist?
Will pass along this belief to your kids?
Do you have an authority?
Do you fear death? What are your fears?
What do you believe happens after you die?
Do believe in life beyond earth?
Do you believe in any forces in action beyond human control?

1. My family never went to church. I was left to come to decisions on my own terms through my own experiences.
2. I would want them to discover their beliefs the same way I did and have no intention of forcing/pushing my beliefs onto anyone.
3. Everyone's free to believe what they want; no one else's beliefs have any effect on me.
4. I don't fear death because I feel that this gives more reason for one to enjoy his/her time here and make use of it knowing that there may not be an afterlife.
5. You simply die. Like everything else, you decompose and eventually matter around you leaches any valuable nutrients from what is left. Everything you leave in turn contributes to new life.
6. There may be life beyond Earth, and in my mind the it's nearly impossible that there isn't some form of life elsewhere. I think it's a pipe dream to imagine that they'll be anything like us. It could be something as insignificant as a tick.
7. No. I have a strong dislike for this view because it strips people of the notion that they can be in control of themselves. We're the driver of our lives, not the passenger.

Does science disprove religion?

Science can neither prove nor disprove religion. Scientific advances have called some religious beliefs into question, such as the ideas that the Earth was created very recently, that the Sun goes around the Earth, and that mental illness is due to possession by spirits or demons. But many religious beliefs involve entities or ideas that currently are not within the domain of science. Thus, it would be false to assume that all religious beliefs can be challenged by scientific findings.

As science continues to advance, it will produce more complete and more accurate explanations for natural phenomena, including a deeper understanding of biological evolution. Both science and religion are weakened by claims that something not yet explained scientifically must be attributed to a supernatural deity. Theologians have pointed out that as scientific knowledge about phenomena that had been previously attributed to supernatural causes increases, a "god of the gaps" approach can undermine faith. Furthermore, it confuses the roles of science and religion by attributing explanations to one that belong in the domain of the other.

Many scientists have written eloquently about how their scientific studies have increased their awe and understanding of a creator. The study of science need not lessen or compromise faith.

From Science, Evolution, and Creationism, National Academy of Sciences and Institute of Medicine. [emoji]169[/emoji] 2008 National Academy of Sciences 

I AM GOD!!!!! :smile:

I create, manipulate and can take life.

I gotta assume ppl in here have been saying science disproves religion for this post to have purpose right?
Someone brought up evolution and which parts people "believe". 
This:
I'm curious to know, what part of evolution do some ppl believe in?
?
I gotta assume ppl in here have been saying science disproves religion for this post to have purpose right?
Someone brought up evolution and which parts people "believe".
thanks guy.
Where's the correlation to religion though? Specifically what you posted.

Last edited:
My 2 cents, wont reply after this since I could care less.....

Atheists discredit religion right? All religions right? Which makes more sense to me then a Christian who preaches their beliefs, but discredit the religion/beliefs of others. Catholics the same, and every religion. But how can I believe in your word when you cant/wont consider the beliefs of others? Pretty pompous if you ask me.... I'm no Atheist, or Christian for that matter. I don't categorize myself, I sense there may/may not be a higher power. All i do know is, I wont believe the ficticious writing passed down, and edited throughout time. After I die, What happens..... happens. I know right from wrong with no need of rules/commandments/scriptures to tell me HOW TO LIVE. Pretty simple to not do onto others what you would want done to you..... just common sense.

There is too much dirt, racism, lies and other BS throughout religions. 90% who are Christian only go to Church  on Holidays, same ones who couldn't recite 20 scriptures but swear they pray every night. Same ones who don't speak to this "GOD" unless in distress/trouble. 

Been baptized, been to church faithfully 2-3 days a week for a year+..... not really my cup of tea and a joke. How many pastors/preachers are sinners? Living a LAVISH life off others hard earned cash that are meant for "tithes" but end up a car/house payment for the rich pastor lol Its a joke.

You know How i give tithes? I give money to homeless, I help my less fortunate family members, I volunteer. 

My 2cents lol

intersting indeed. You have any thoughts as to why self preservation/ selfishness or whatever is more prevalent over this innate nature to do unto others? Like why we forgot do unto others 8/10 times, but 9.5/10 times we make sure we good?
I think you misunderstood me, the origin of the golden rule itself comes from self preservation. 

All of our morals are rooted in self preservation/selfishness ...even acts that we think of as being altruistic, originally come from our innate will/need to survive.

Everything we do is selfish, even if it doesn't always seem like it...

For example: You give money to charity, now even if the only return you get from that act is just a "warm fuzzy feeling" that you have helped someone ...that is still of some benefit to you ...you have gained something from that act, however small.

Take it back even further and it gets simpler -not killing your fellow man would have been for the greater good of the tribe (hunting/building shelter etc.) which in turn would have helped your own survival.

Take it back even further like Richard Dawkins does, and you can argue that this pattern stems from our actual genes themselves.

Question for yall, will you have a problem if your wife wants to raise your kid in the church?

My ONLY problem with Atheism is that they refuse to believe that there is a higher power in the universe with higher abilities.

They take science verbatim like Christians do the bible, and now modern science is looking stupid with all of the discoveries of planets in the goldilocks zones, water on mars, and DNA mineral make-up found in comets and asteroids. These are things that have been presented to science for decades, and even with legitimate evidence/mathematical probabilities.

Believe what you will. :smokin

#HailSatan

Last edited:

Again I asked, what eveloution theory you believe? There's many of them....

Evolution is essentially the change in genetic material within populations of organisms over time. This has been factually supported for over 150 years. What about this are you wondering exactly? Also, why is this in a topic designated for atheists?

I know what eveloution is. lmao.

I merely asking what eveloution theory does he believes in. It's in the thread because someone stated that they believe in it.

I find it ironic to that some Atheists says they don't believe in anything but yet follows another thing to miraculously explain life. Couldn't their be a counter theory that Science is a proof of God works to make it simpler for our puny human intelligence to grasps his

In the end, we ppl have a belief to believe in something....no matter what. Nobody is freely walking with an unconsciously mind.

I'll just say that I find creationism very hard to believe. I don't know either way, but I find it easier to understand and believe in the theory that we evolved over millions of years.

The truth is, both religion (for lack of a better word) and scientific explanations of human existence is beyond my understanding, which is why I don't necessarily subscribe to either side of the argument. I just feel that evolution is built on a sturdier foundation than creationism, but again, who am I to say either way? Who are any of we to pretend to 'know' either way. None of us have a clue.

Question for yall, will you have a problem if your wife wants to raise your kid in the church?

If I love her enough she can do whatever the hell she wants but it is highly unlikely I will end up with a super religious woman. The best way to create an atheist/agnostic is to expose your children to every religion and have them formulate their own opinions.

If I love her enough she can do whatever the hell she wants but it is highly unlikely I will end up with a super religious woman. The best way to create an atheist/agnostic is to expose your children to every religion and have them formulate their own opinions.

Definitely. I wouldn't ever find myself in the situation where this was even a question. And I agree, if you present every religion to a kid as an option, they will understand that they are all wrong.

Everyone is born not believing in anything. You don't become an atheist, you're born one. Its dumb that you think you came out the womb having perceived notions of god. If anything, you're brainwashed and influenced heavily by people around you that believe in the cults. So when you asked, "Will you pass along this belief to your kids?" what do you mean? My child will have no idea about religion until someone puts that idea in his head, which wont be me. The real question is, why are you in a religion?

I know what eveloution is. lmao.

I merely asking what eveloution theory does he believes in. It's in the thread because someone stated that they believe in it.
There is a theory of evolution in biology that the scientific community agrees on. There aren't multiple theories that are being debated within science. There are certainly different mechanisms that are researched and discussed. 
I find it ironic to that some Atheists says they don't believe in anything but yet follows another thing to miraculously explain life. Couldn't their be a counter theory that Science is a proof of God works to make it simpler for our puny human intelligence to grasps his
I'm not sure you know what evolution is if you're insinuating that it "miraculously" explains life and is somehow linked to atheism. 

This:
?
Where's the correlation to religion though? Specifically what you posted.
Someone previously brought up evolution which I assume was an attempt to link evolution to atheism. I think sumrndmdude's post was used to demonstrate that evolution (or any scientific topic for that matter) is not tied or limited to atheism and that even people with religious backgrounds can enjoy science, including the theory of evolution. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom