Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Essential1

$%$+%* up

*waits for someone to say racism isn't a problem in this country*
It's not. So there.
Huh?? Are u imposing that racism isn't a problem in this country or that a reply imposing such isn't coming?
nerd.gif
I'm "imposing" that racism is not a problem in this country. Are there people who are truly racist in this country? Yes. Out of the 275 million people in this country, are there so many people who are racist (as in people who want to completely oppress a supposed "inferior" race) that it is a widespread problem? Not one bit.

In fact, I'd say for every one white person in this country who is truly racist, there are 1,000 other white people who go out of their way to make sure they act in a way that is not racist, to compensate for the idiots out there.

appearantly you have never read about the difference between Urban and Suburban schools. Housing practices. Health Care. The justice system. Job market.

Just because a majority is not racist (which I believe) does not mean racism is now NOT a problem, when it is imprinted in black, hispanic and other minorities lives on a daily basis.

As much as you want racism to be a huge problem in this country, it really isn't and I'm Black. Racism is such an issue that our current president is a Black man.

The problems you are talking about have more to do with the disparities in the socioeconomic situation more so than the fact they are Black.
So all them ppl puttin Obama tshirts on a monkey a paradin em around like they're proud isn't racism? U are very delusional. Oh yea, howabout he's not from America, he's a muslim, he's an Arab because of his middle name and the fact that he's Black (which technically he'sbi-racial) has nothin to do w/ racism?

U and Essential must live extremely sheltered lives. Just because it's not as blatent as Jim Crow doesn't mean that racism isn't a problem.It's just concealed more. Why is it that groups like the Black Panthers get so much grief but the KKK is allowed to have rallies and protests? Think aboutit. I could go on an on about the issue of racism but this isn't the time nor the place. Right now we're discussin the hatred towards OP's pops.

And the fact that u're black doesn't have *%$% to do w/ u not seein racism, maybe u just don't wanna see. That is all. Have a blessed day

without getting into other issues brought up in the thread, that incident is downright disgusting. I am an upper class white male from the suburbs and in noway am i concealing racism or trying to "sound" non-racist. that actually made me sick to my stomach

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

So all them ppl puttin Obama tshirts on a monkey a paradin em around like they're proud isn't racism? U are very delusional. Oh yea, how about he's not from America, he's a muslim, he's an Arab because of his middle name and the fact that he's Black (which technically he's bi-racial) has nothin to do w/ racism?

U and Essential must live extremely sheltered lives. Just because it's not as blatent as Jim Crow doesn't mean that racism isn't a problem. It's just concealed more. Why is it that groups like the Black Panthers get so much grief but the KKK is allowed to have rallies and protests? Think about it. I could go on an on about the issue of racism but this isn't the time nor the place. Right now we're discussin the hatred towards OP's pops.

And the fact that u're black doesn't have *%$% to do w/ u not seein racism, maybe u just don't wanna see. That is all. Have a blessed day

what?

Sorry to hear that these people are giving your pops the run around. As far as not getting paid, thats how things go sometimes...his contract with thegeneral contractor on the project should describe terms of payment and whatnot. If they are not meeting the terms of the contract, he can basically put a lienon the project or even stop working until the issue is resolved.

The rope thing tho...thats on a whole other level
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Racism will finally end when fate pits humanity, as a whole, against other intelligent beings, alien lifeforms.

This is true. We've never had anything to unite us as human beings.

Originally Posted by SWOBOYdeHTEEZY

"Racism still alive, they just be concealing it."
I hate this quote because it is racist.
the reason I say that is because it is implying only white people are racist.

Originally Posted by sam206

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

*Update 12/15/2009*

After what happened yesterday my father still had a meeting to attend today regarding the project. Simultaneously, he was planning to discuss the nooseincident as well. He met with MCM's project manager the electrical sub-contractor, and the guy who hung the noose (who works for the electricalsub-contractor). My father told me the guy admitted he did it and didn't have any remorse.:smh. After he heard that farce, my father told me he had toleave because he was so furious at how nonchalantly MCM and the electrical contractor acted towards the situation. My father made some calls to his attorneyand plans to have the same people who worked on the Oscar Grant case on board. This is too wild.

Originally Posted by EvansST

*Update 12/15/2009*

After what happened yesterday my father still had a meeting to attend today regarding the project. Simultaneously, he was planning to discuss the noose incident as well. He met with MCM's project manager the electrical sub-contractor, and the guy who hung the noose (who works for the electrical sub-contractor). My father told me the guy admitted he did it and didn't have any remorse.:smh. After he heard that farce, my father told me he had to leave because he was so furious at how nonchalantly MCM and the electrical contractor acted towards the situation. My father made some calls to his attorney and plans to have the same people who worked on the Oscar Grant case on board. This is too wild.
smh.gif
Ya pops could get paid if he wants to take it that far that makes no sense.
smh.gif
Ya pops a stronger man than me cause I woulda caught anaggravated assault charge after dude was like "Yea I did it" *kanyeshrug

i hope your dad comes out on top...it baffles me how people can act this way and not care...

such little class

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

What sucks is sometime you have NO CHOICE but to be the bigger person and swallow the pride and get back to work
tired.gif

the worst part...and you know theres nothing you can do/say to make those types of people feel as low as they try to make you feel
tired.gif

i still have hope/faith in humanity tho...
truth

"I ain't a killa but don't push me....revenge is like the sweetest joy next to getting p...."

Pac

Originally Posted by sam206

Go that way ------------------->

But back to OP damn I hope your dad 1) gets paid and 2) gets justice

damn ur pop should some major class now doing %+%% !!! mad respect to him !!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

it seems like they want him to get all crazy but the way ur dad is handling things is the best way to do it... get some legal documation going and ur dad mostdef gonna get paid for this ...

Good to hear the update, I hope he gets paid. But do you know how he's going to prove, the guy hung the noose, and admitted it to him nonchalantly?

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

Good to hear the update, I hope he gets paid. But do you know how he's going to prove, the guy hung the noose, and admitted it to him nonchalantly?
My father's friend was there when he said it.

Wow, way some people still think is disgusting. Good luck with everything and hope it works out for your pops.

Back
Top Bottom