The Image Microsoft doesn't want you to see VOL: FEEL GUILTY?

Does that say 86F heat?! Thats nothing! i work in at least 120 degree everyday cause i work at a dry cleaners downstairs with where they clean the clothes......

How could I feel guilty? This is how the world works. There's always someone out there willing to do something for cheap especially given their circumstances.

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by VINTAGE SOLE 737

Originally Posted by DunkNForce

BLAME CHINA

i don't get it... everyone wants to point the finger at the company. well if the country doesn't allow it it wouldn't happen.

I don't feel bad, it's how China gets down.

it's the company.  why doesn't new balance, american apparel, etc. outsource to china?  it's called business ethics.

Well China must care about business ethics
laugh.gif

it's a slippery slope for these companies.

Even with construction in the USA for New Balance shoes, all of the materials come from other countries and the outsole rubber parts, but the "labor" is made in the USA.

If 95% of a shoes inner makings are from overseas, why is it any better than the products that are completely made there??

sad, but there are probably tons of companies that have sweatshops like this. Just today someone was talking about don't shop at walmart.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

it's a slippery slope for these companies.

Even with construction in the USA for New Balance shoes, all of the materials come from other countries and the outsole rubber parts, but the "labor" is made in the USA.

If 95% of a shoes inner makings are from overseas, why is it any better than the products that are completely made there??

you make an excellent point... i guess i am gonna start rocking these to express my malcontent... but even then the materials are probably made in slave labor type factories.

that's what they gotta do to survive
you gotta respect them for that
and plus if dont wanna do the work
someone else will.

Not surprised at all that an annual $50 billion dollar a year corporation would lead a "blind eye" to the situation at hand. I'm sure they were already very aware of the kind of working environments going on over there but chose to do nothing because to them it's business >>>>> human rights.

Their press statement took the typical "investigative" approach to the situation. But I guarantee nothing will be done to combat the problem....tons of corporations are like that overseas..Nike being one of them.
smh.gif

Like the article on page 2 said, its better than pillaging through trash all day to possibly make a dollar. Hot sun, dangerous machines driving around hitting kids.

I still think its terrible!!

Bet if you head over to the Nike and Jordan factories you probably find the same thing. Anyway I agree Mac ftw.

Back
Top Bottom