The last children by Truthgetsbusy

truthgetsbusy

Banned
We are the last children...the last generation of growing up without the internet.  We grew up in the 80's/early 90's....this is when kids had lives.  During this era kids had no choice but to go outside because the only thing poppin inside was Nintendo/Sega or some VHS tapes.  From the city to burbs we had a crew of friends and just went out and about.  We went on little missions to the corner store or in the woods or whatever.  We played ball in the park til it got dark or the street lights came on.  We played football in the streets. We rode bikes. We knocked on doors and ran. We ate candy and looked at dirty magazines.  We had school clothes and play clothes.  We seen Michael Jordan play.  We had trading cards. We watched cartoons on Saturdays. 

We are the last children...we didn't have swag. We didn't have myspace, facebook, twitter or whatever to connect us with people who we don't give a damn about.  We didn't have our JV basketball roster posted on the school website.  We couldn't google anybody, anything, anywhere. We didn't download music.  We didn't have thousands of pictures of ourselves.

We are the last children because we didn't a cell phone to Jr/Sr year of high school.  And that phone had a green background with black text.  That phone was for calling/texting/snake/tetris and chirping if you was ballin. 

This is not to hate on the younger generation but I feel for you guys.  We know what its like to have peace and quiet.  We know what its like to knock on somebody's door and ask their parents if they were home.  We know what its like to call a girl on her house phone and hope she answers before her mama do.  We know what it's like play a video game get all the way to the end and not be able to save your progress.  We know what it was like to record a song off the radio with a cassette tape.  We seen Michael Jackson when he was black.

I feel for the younger generation because every song has a sample from a older song, every movie is a remake of an older movie or cartoon.  It's really sad the lack of oringinal entertainment these days.  Every shoe you guys get is a retro or fusion.  I feel for you guys.  Trying to bring back high top fades and 80's fashion....why? Make your own mark on history.

We are the last children. I fear that we are slowly losing touch with reality. These kids are growing up soft, they are eating horrible, they getting fat, they don't have people skills, and by 18 they can't even get a date.  As much good technology has done it has done bad. Please discuss NT.

Things started going downhill for kids once they replaced those red/yellow rubber dodge balls for the gator skin....

Terrycloth generation....for real...

I've said it once and I'll say it again. There's something wrong with these 90's kids. They just ain't right I tell ya.

I experienced all of that.
pimp.gif

To add to that kung-fu movies on VHS
comic books
OG power rangers

Great post.......feel exactly the same.

I'm a school teacher so I see the stuff your talking about everyday.

Originally Posted by JiveTurkey813

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Iwas born in '85 but if you were born before '88 then you will understand this.....

We are the last children...the last generation of growing up without the internet. We grew up in the 80's/early 90's....this is when kids had lives. During this era kids had no choice but to go outside because the only thing poppin inside was Nintendo/Sega or some VHS tapes. From the city to burbs we had a crew of friends and just went out and about. We went on little missions to the corner store or in the woods or whatever. We played ball in the park til it got dark or the street lights came on. We played football in the streets. We rode bikes. We knocked on doors and ran. We ate candy and looked at dirty magazines. We had school clothes and play clothes. We seen Michael Jordan play. We had trading cards. We watched cartoons on Saturdays.

We are the last children...we didn't have swag. We didn't have myspace, facebook, twitter or whatever to connect us with people who we don't give a damn about. We didn't have our JV basketball roster posted on the school website. We couldn't google anybody, anything, anywhere. We didn't download music. We didn't have thousands of pictures of ourselves.

We are the last children because we didn't a cell phone to Jr/Sr year of high school. And that phone had a green background with black text. That phone was for calling/texting/snake/tetris and chirping if you was ballin.

This is not to hate on the younger generation but I feel for you guys. We know what its like to have peace and quiet. We know what its like to knock on somebody's door and ask their parents if they were home. We know what its like to call a girl on her house phone and hope she answers before her mama do. We know what it's like play a video game get all the way to the end and not be able to save your progress. We know what it was like to record a song off the radio with a cassette tape. We seen Michael Jackson when he was black.

I feel for the younger generation because every song has a sample from a older song, every movie is a remake of an older movie or cartoon. It's really sad the lack of oringinal entertainment these days. Every shoe you guys get is a retro or fusion. I feel for you guys. Trying to bring back high top fades and 80's fashion....why? Make your own mark on history.

We are the last children. I fear that we are slowly losing touch with reality. These kids are growing up soft, they are eating horrible, they getting fat, they don't have people skills, and by 18 they can't even get a date. As much good technology has done it has done bad. Please discuss NT.
indifferent.gif
Im not reading this novel homie

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at the irony.

Originally Posted by JiveTurkey813

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Iwas born in '85 but if you were born before '88 then you will understand this.....

We are the last children...the last generation of growing up without the internet. We grew up in the 80's/early 90's....this is when kids had lives. During this era kids had no choice but to go outside because the only thing poppin inside was Nintendo/Sega or some VHS tapes. From the city to burbs we had a crew of friends and just went out and about. We went on little missions to the corner store or in the woods or whatever. We played ball in the park til it got dark or the street lights came on. We played football in the streets. We rode bikes. We knocked on doors and ran. We ate candy and looked at dirty magazines. We had school clothes and play clothes. We seen Michael Jordan play. We had trading cards. We watched cartoons on Saturdays.

We are the last children...we didn't have swag. We didn't have myspace, facebook, twitter or whatever to connect us with people who we don't give a damn about. We didn't have our JV basketball roster posted on the school website. We couldn't google anybody, anything, anywhere. We didn't download music. We didn't have thousands of pictures of ourselves.

We are the last children because we didn't a cell phone to Jr/Sr year of high school. And that phone had a green background with black text. That phone was for calling/texting/snake/tetris and chirping if you was ballin.

This is not to hate on the younger generation but I feel for you guys. We know what its like to have peace and quiet. We know what its like to knock on somebody's door and ask their parents if they were home. We know what its like to call a girl on her house phone and hope she answers before her mama do. We know what it's like play a video game get all the way to the end and not be able to save your progress. We know what it was like to record a song off the radio with a cassette tape. We seen Michael Jackson when he was black.

I feel for the younger generation because every song has a sample from a older song, every movie is a remake of an older movie or cartoon. It's really sad the lack of oringinal entertainment these days. Every shoe you guys get is a retro or fusion. I feel for you guys. Trying to bring back high top fades and 80's fashion....why? Make your own mark on history.

We are the last children. I fear that we are slowly losing touch with reality. These kids are growing up soft, they are eating horrible, they getting fat, they don't have people skills, and by 18 they can't even get a date. As much good technology has done it has done bad. Please discuss NT.
indifferent.gif
Im not reading this novel homie

Then don't. But you could've in the time it took you to quote, enlarge the stoneface, and reply.

I was born in 91 and growing up, my situations were similar to yours. I still have the cassette tapes with radio music under my bed somewhere
laugh.gif

I think it's this new generation of children (born late 90's/early 00's) that are growing up with myspace, internet, cell phones at the age of 10.

i remember playin in the woods...i thought i heard something and thought it was a rapist...i pee'd on myself...SMH

passing notes and saving them instead of texting...

i still have notes from my bf in middle school and HS...lol

SNICK...it got not better than SNICK and TNBC

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i remember playin in the woods...i thought i heard something and thought it was a rapist...i pee'd on myself...SMH
or maybe you just got wet for the 1st time?
nerd.gif

Trilla. I never really put it all into perspective. I remember I didn't even have my neighbors' phone numbers--strictly doorbell work.

Born in '82 and can remember playing Oregon Trail on apple computers with black and green screens....I definitly don't miss that. Technology FTW

Back
Top Bottom